What's new

Telling it the way it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO LONGER ACTIVE; FORMER USMC... needs a DISCLAIMER!
 
Once a Marine, Always a Marine: This truism is now the official motto of the Marine Corps League. The origin of the statement is credited to a gung-ho Marine Corps master sergeant, Paul Woyshner. During a barroom argument he shouted, "Once a Marine, always a Marine!" MSgt. Woyshner was right. Once the title "U.S. Marine" has been earned, it is retained. There are no ex-Marines or former-Marines. There are (1) active duty Marines, (2) retired Marines, (3) reserve Marines, and (4) Marine veterans. Nonetheless, once one has earned the title, he remains a Marine for life.
 
When you enter the military you take an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic, most of us take that oath serious and most take it with us to our grave, I know I do.

As Red said once a Marine always a Marine, ask any Marine.

I to this day still buy a drink and tell them thank you for any military I meet in a club or simply thank you if on the street. I wasnt a Marine, USAF, but i had 4 uncles and three 1st cousins that were...
 
NO LONGER ACTIVE; FORMER USMC... needs a DISCLAIMER!

How can you have a handle of Rebel should it be X rebel? Still have the flag hanging in the garage. Rite next to the 13 rope turns.
 
Heres what you do Rebel,go into the Barracks thread and start saying things about the Marine Corps :sign10:
 
Once a Marine, Always a Marine: This truism is now the official motto of the Marine Corps League. The origin of the statement is credited to a gung-ho Marine Corps master sergeant, Paul Woyshner. During a barroom argument he shouted, "Once a Marine, always a Marine!" MSgt. Woyshner was right. Once the title "U.S. Marine" has been earned, it is retained. There are no ex-Marines or former-Marines. There are (1) active duty Marines, (2) retired Marines, (3) reserve Marines, and (4) Marine veterans. Nonetheless, once one has earned the title, he remains a Marine for life.

So I have heard... HOWEVER, CANNOT use "rank" and IMPLY ACTIVE SERVICE; once discharged...
 
LOL! I was referring to the implied RANK of an ACTIVE duty US MARINE... HUGE difference; ALL Marines have my respect... gotta be TRUTHFUL, tho.
Something smells here . I think , maybe , you are twisting the crap out of the truth :tongue3:
 
LOL! I was referring to the implied RANK of an ACTIVE duty US MARINE... HUGE difference; ALL Marines have my respect... gotta be TRUTHFUL, tho.

So your complaint on the letter is he put Cpl at the bottom of his name....:dontknow:

He could have put United States Marines Grand Poopah there, wouldn't change the meaning, sentiment or significance of what he wrote...
 
Reb , did your Momma wean you on a pickle by choice or was that the only thing in the pantry ?
 
How can you have a handle of Rebel should it be X rebel? Still have the flag hanging in the garage. Rite next to the 13 rope turns.

NOPE, NO flag NOR rope... it's a KGC thing; YOU wouldn't understand...
 
NOPE; she is dead; YOU disrespecting my Momma? Bring It On!
Nope ! I'd never disrespect the fine lady that was your Momma . I just was wondering if weaning you on the pickle that gave you such a sour attitude was by intent or out of necessity . :tongue3:
 
Nope ! I'd never disrespect the fine lady that was your Momma . I just was wondering if weaning you on the pickle that gave you such a sour attitude was by intent or out of necessity . :tongue3:

Define "sour attitude"...
 
We need more patriotic Americans like the author of the no ma'am letter. Rebel, why are you so hung up on his title? Does this somehow discredit his letter?
 
It is my hope that ALL law abiding Americans would stand against them,WE the MANY they the few. GodBless Chris
 
We need more patriotic Americans like the author of the no ma'am letter. Rebel, why are you so hung up on his title? Does this somehow discredit his letter?

Misrepresentation of his status... YES, he was honorably discharged, prior to letter written; his complaint is valid... AND! I AM a PATRIOTIC AMERICAN!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom