What's new

Terry Soloman

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
1,661
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Messing around on YouTube, found your video on Nyack Beach, awesome video good job!



*look along the beach for 'heads and loose fossils
 
Thanks MB, that was a great day and a really nice hike! A good place for bottle and relic hunting as well.
 
Terry, have you visited the Pershing Missile Alumni Group on facebook recently?
 
Thanks MB, that was a great day and a really nice hike! A good place for bottle and relic hunting as well.

Now that is my backyard. I live on the other side of the hill. Have you ever gone north from Rockland Lake? There was a standing bandstand there when I was younger, and a ferry dock we used to fish from. There are still remains of bath houses there, but the state demolished the bandstand and the ferry dock. Another off-limits area that must hold a lot of goodies. Not likely to find any fossils in traprock, though, but there will be some brought down by the glaciers although there are more in north rockland. I got arrested once for climbing the cliffs, it was a common practice for Nyack lads to attempt, but a couple have perished doing so. Got fined a whole ten bucks!! Great music on your vid by the way!!
 
Now that is my backyard. I live on the other side of the hill. Have you ever gone north from Rockland Lake? There was a standing bandstand there when I was younger, and a ferry dock we used to fish from. There are still remains of bath houses there, but the state demolished the bandstand and the ferry dock. Another off-limits area that must hold a lot of goodies. Not likely to find any fossils in traprock, though, but there will be some brought down by the glaciers although there are more in north rockland. I got arrested once for climbing the cliffs, it was a common practice for Nyack lads to attempt, but a couple have perished doing so. Got fined a whole ten bucks!! Great music on your vid by the way!!

Slaughters Landing?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom