What's new

Tesoro headquarter tours?

HistoryStudent

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
73
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Tesoro do tours of its Prescott facility? Have any of you been there for a visit? I'm going to be in Phoenix next month and I might drive up for a visit if they allow it.
 
I would call them first, as Vince does not usually do tours. The factory is smaller than most people imagine.:occasion14:
 
There's a YouTube video of a shor tour on youtube....
 
Thanks. I watched the video so I'll probably skip the tour
 
Wow! These detectors were literally hand built.

Sadly not anymore they are not. Whites and Garrett was/are not that much more advanced from what I have seen of there assembly process. Nothing wrong with a hand built product ..IMO

XP has it down to a science though!
 
Sure, in the Garrett video I saw, the one lady didn't seem to care much about winding our coils for us, but we salute her.

 
Last edited:
Good luck to those who owns one of these detector, as I do.
 
I read that the Tesoro company close it's doors for good....Is not that the case?
 
Tesoro been closed for couple years now.
 
curious as I have not seen anything that claims the factory was sold? anybody up to date on this?
just wondering

(h.h.!)
j.t.
 
curious as I have not seen anything that claims the factory was sold? anybody up to date on this?
just wondering

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Yes, The building was sold not long after. I remember looking up the address and seeing pictures of the building empty and for sale. (Don't hold me to that though it has been a couple years)
 
I drove by the building a few months ago. It still had the Tesoro signage and looked like stuff was still inside.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom