What's new

Thank you, Casper for the help in IDing yesterdays button find.

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you, Casper for the help in ID'ing yesterday's button find.

Thanks to Casper's keen eye, I was made aware of the ID of the button which appears to date back to 1901.

Too bad the one I found is in such decrepit condition; shank is completely gone and there are holes where identifying images were, but the crown , anchor , and entwined rope can still be seen.

I beleive it to be a Royal Navy button-Captain / Commander button 1901.

Here's a closer look at the one I found, followed by a link to a photo of the button.

DSCF1531.webp


http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/navy buttons.htm

Anyone who may be interested can scroll down to the "R N Capt/Commander-1901 and other ship's officers 1901".

I believe the button second to the left on that line is the style that I found...I could be wrong so feel free to correct me .

I love History!

Thank you again, Casper

Lorraine
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congratulation! Loraine:occasion14:
 
Nice find Lorraine :leprechaun-hat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom