What's new

Thanksgiving horror

Pull_tab_mike

Full Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2009
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
well i thought i would have the whole morning hour's to myself..........wrong. about an hour out, got his with side cramps in my kidney area like being kicked there.... so i kept on going then the pain got much much worse. so i toke my finds and went home about seven. then all he!! broke lose... went to the ER and whatda know i got those blasted kidney stones............. I'm getting better but wow my turkey day was not going as planned.............. enjoy picture
 

Attachments

  • phpleRDOKPM.webp
    phpleRDOKPM.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,037
Upvote 0
Well that's a major bummer, hope the rest of the day goes better for you.
 
That is not a choice anyone would pick to happen to them. Take care.

Burdie
 
talk about a die hard. he goes mding, leaves that because of pain, goes to the ER and still finds time to post his finds.
my hat is off to you sir

Sniffer
 
Sniffer said:
talk about a die hard. he goes mding, leaves that because of pain, goes to the ER and still finds time to post his finds.
my hat is off to you sir

Sniffer

die hard is right, i love doing this hobby more them coin collecting. for ex: 5 weeks ago i twisted my lower leg and knee the wrong way. day after I'm out mding. I'm also hardheaded and i was loaded up on pain pills..... now you all go and enjoy your turkey day, I'm going to try

laters
PTM
 
Well at least you are pretty much guaranteed a better time out on your next hunt. ;D

Take care of yourself.
 
I feel your pain.....

I've had 8 or 9 of them....
3 years ago I had taking out then passed one a couple weeks later then 2 weeks after had 2 blasted out....

NO FUN>>>>
 
Right car, wrong dude. ;D

(better luck (and health) next hunt!)
 

Attachments

  • batman-costume-fail.webp
    batman-costume-fail.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 922
I am really sorry to hear about your kidney stones. We can at least give thanks on this day that you are able to come back and post on here. I am glad you are not still in the hospital.
 
Take care and take it easy Mike, glad to see you got out at least.
 
Been there many times. Tried eating pumpkins seeds, haven't had one since! Just a small hand full a day.
 
Get well real soon ! :icon_sunny:
TnMtns
 
what a way to end your metal detecting day... I have heard that kidney stones are no walk in the park...Take care and listen to your doctors....The treasure will still be there when you get better. Take care.
 
stones tend to be caused by high uric acid levels in the body -- the excess uric acid causes the stones to form in the body ( the acid crystalizes making the stone) -- drinking cranberry juice regularly is know to help prevent these stones from froming / assist in breaking them down
 
Mike, that sucks. Good luck.
 
hey mike thats a bummer, nothings worst then have your md time cut short, time flys buy too quickly as it is when your on the hunt. get well soon and stay a diehard thats the only way to be . your fellow detectorist and diehard! unclevinn
 
I know how you feel i get 2-3 a month they are horrible get better soon . i take phos drops to disolve them phosphuric acid they help out a lot just thought i would tell you .
 
So sorry to hear about your stones. I've had them twice before, and man oh man was it ever painful. I had always thought that the pain from "passing a stone" was from peeing it out. I learned the hard way that it is the passing of the stone through the kidney that causes the horrible pain. Women who have had kidney stones say that they are more painful than childbirth. All I can say is thank God for morphine. Both times I had the stones I went to the ER and they just put me in a room hooked up to a morphine drip for about 4 to 6 hours.

Anyways, glad to hear you are back in action. Keep on swinging that coil!!! It's the best medicine on earth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom