- Joined
- Dec 9, 2012
- Messages
- 8,688
- Reaction score
- 22,096
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Concrete, WA
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
- #1
Thread Owner
Last night my neighbor, Phil (aka:Gnatnutz) and I were hanging out in
my shop watching some TV (Gold Rush), and my boy Scruff comes
flying in the cat door and deposits this fat rat right between our feet.
The rat was not injured (yet) from his capture. Scruff likes to bring
me mice because he thinks I'll play with them...(ie: it's a gift Dad!),
but this was the very first rat I've ever seen around our place.
Took Phil and I about a minute to terminate the thing, and then Scruff
wanted to pose for trophy pics.

I tossed it out for the 'coons, and it was gone and consumed (I assume)
within about 5 min.
Scruff was pissed off about that....I think he expected that I was going to
have the nasty thing mounted for him!
my shop watching some TV (Gold Rush), and my boy Scruff comes
flying in the cat door and deposits this fat rat right between our feet.
The rat was not injured (yet) from his capture. Scruff likes to bring
me mice because he thinks I'll play with them...(ie: it's a gift Dad!),
but this was the very first rat I've ever seen around our place.
Took Phil and I about a minute to terminate the thing, and then Scruff
wanted to pose for trophy pics.

I tossed it out for the 'coons, and it was gone and consumed (I assume)
within about 5 min.
Scruff was pissed off about that....I think he expected that I was going to
have the nasty thing mounted for him!
Last edited:




Wife saved it - I didn't want to. While the cat was growing up, it loved me and hated her - go figure! The cat was mostly wild throughout its life and, even though she's never been fixed, she's never had any kittens. Of course, she's fought other cats, raccoons, groundhogs, skunks(!), and yes, even cattle!!
Grew up basically wild, not even wanting to come inside until the temps dropped to -35°F or so!








