Germany Holzminden
Detector(s) used
Main: XP DEUS and Equinox 800
https://historyhuntershop.de

https://gutfund.de
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my find of the YEAR! A figure made of bronze

Hello guys, this Jan from the old continent, from Germany.

I can't believe what I have found. I think it is an awesome find.
Actually the authorities have this litte statue.
I hope to get it back as soon as possible... If i get it back, you'll see a clean figure.

583023F9-9ECD-4FCC-9716-C97992F3B0AA.jpeg
gutfundeBronzefigur.jpeg
120356172_2883144088638878_7843861961810005026_o.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 18

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting find! I would love to know more about it.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love pics from other countries! Nice find!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would be nice if you at least stated in your OP what you think it might be? :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What machine, coil size, depth?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it from a French mantle clock? Or do you think it is Roman?

OP
OP
G

gutfund.de

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2015
Germany Holzminden
Detector(s) used
Main: XP DEUS and Equinox 800
https://historyhuntershop.de

https://gutfund.de
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I dont know nothing about this find. It is in the hands of our archeologists. It will take a few days to get it back with some more knowledge. If it is roman, the chance is high, that I never see the figure again, because they want it.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The important center of German Carnival is the Rhineland. But also in many other German regions the time before the Christian six-week Lent is celebrated very cheerfully.

Where does this tradition come from? Some people connect the carnival with ancient Mesopotamian, Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Celtic or Germanic feasts. But these were festive days to celebrate gods or the awakening of the nature in spring. What is similar are colorful parades (Rome), showers of roses (Rome), masks (Celts) and the principle of equality (Mesopotamia and Rome). But most researcher doubt in these ancient celebrations being the origin of the Christian carnival. More likely seems the start of it during the emergence of the Christian Lent. Pope Gregory the Great (590–604) decided that fasting would start on Ash Wednesday. The whole carnival event was set before the fasting and there was also the custom that the ruling class would be mocked using masks and disguises.

The „Funkengarde“ plays an important role. It’s a guard of young men wearing uniforms in eye-catching colors (to be understood as a persiflage). Besides there are dancing female guards of so called „Funkenmariechen“ (Funken Marys). Their typical outfits are composed of tricorn, a short dress in the guard’s or club’s colors, and boots. Guard dance is a special dance style characterized by march dance, ballet elements, varying pictures (diagonals, semicircles, Vs, etc.) and acrobatic (split, cartwheel, etc.). Very important is synchronism and precision.

Carnival tradition in Germany | Culture Mondial

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only it were cleaner, I might of made a stab at the ID. As it stands, I'm guessing a couple of hundreds years old rather than 2000ish. Hope I'm wrong, although like you say, if Roman kiss good bye to it.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
It looks like he may be wearing on of those really tall tyrolean hats. Is it a dirndl? Like of like a tapered top hat. Searching is getting me almost nowhere because of all the shoddy oktoberfest costumes clogging everything up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread