The beach that keeps on giving - six silver coins today!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was back at my new favorite beach again today, but it will probably be my last day there for a bit. The areas where I was previously finding silver jewelry and older coins is now sanded over. There was one spot that I worked today (about 1,000 square feet) on a sloped bank from a hurricane-related washout over dry sand down to the shore. It produced five of the six silver coins I found in the 3 1/2 hours I was there.

All Finds.JPG

I got four wheat pennies (1 with no date, the others from the 1950's)
3 Silver Washington Quarters (1942, 1953, 1964)
2 Mercury Dimes (1925, 1945)
1 Roosevelt Dime (1964)

I've pretty much beat this area of the beach to death, and the other areas are only giving up clad and fishing weights. I'll probably wait until the end of the month when there is a significant tidal coefficient differential to see if the surf churns up any more goodies.

Here is a pic of the silver coins, post-cleaning (I'm sorry about the lighting - it really doesn't do justice to the bottom row, which looks shadowed. The coins are much nicer in person!):
Silver Coins Post-Cleaning Obverse.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. May your next hunt bring you joy!

Upvote 31

Miguel314

Nov 2, 2021
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur II & Mine lab Equinox 800
I was back at my new favorite beach again today, but it will probably be my last day there for a bit. The areas where I was previously finding silver jewelry and older coins is now sanded over. There was one spot that I worked today (about 1,000 square feet) on a sloped bank from a hurricane-related washout over dry sand down to the shore. It produced five of the six silver coins I found in the 3 1/2 hours I was there.

View attachment 2051328

1 Roosevelt Dime (1964)

I've pretty much beat this area of the beach to death, and the other areas are only giving up clad and fishing weights. I'll probably wait until the end of the month when there is a significant tidal coefficient differential to see if the surf churns up any more goodies.

Here is a pic of the silver coins, post-cleaning (I'm sorry about the lighting - it really doesn't do justice to the bottom row, which looks shadowed. The coins are much nicer in person!):
View attachment 2051329

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. May your next hunt bring you joy!
Awesome finds I see it says your from Florida curious what general part, I’m in south Florida on the treasure coast I have some parks and spots I know that produce silver, wheats, and cool relics when the tides aren’t right to do modern jewelry hunts on the beaches but not a beach that produces silver you got the best of both world there . Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds I see it says your from Florida curious what general part, I’m in south Florida on the treasure coast I have some parks and spots I know that produce silver, wheats, and cool relics when the tides aren’t right to do modern jewelry hunts on the beaches but not a beach that produces silver you got the best of both world there . Keep up the good work.
I’m in North Central Florida, so I usually hunt from Palm Coast and North of there. My only Spanish silver came from the treasure coast, though (after a hurricane, of course!).

Miguel314

Nov 2, 2021
Florida
Detector(s) used
I’m in North Central Florida, so I usually hunt from Palm Coast and North of there. My only Spanish silver came from the treasure coast, though (after a hurricane, of course!).
That’s awesome I’ve only been detecting for about a year and a half and done great especially for the amount of people we have detecting in our area, I feel I also do better cause I’ll go as far as chest deep in water when I’m detecting with my Excalibur II difficult diggin at times but definitely worth it from my experience.

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s awesome I’ve only been detecting for about a year and a half and done great especially for the amount of people we have detecting in our area, I feel I also do better cause I’ll go as far as chest deep in water when I’m detecting with my Excalibur II difficult diggin at times but definitely worth it from my experience.
If you’re truly on the treasure coast you might wanna modify your response. Please be respectful and aware of your surroundings!

Miguel314

Nov 2, 2021
Florida
Detector(s) used
If you’re truly on the treasure coast you might wanna modify your response. Please be respectful and aware of your surroundings!
Not sure what your referring too but you Always want know the law where your detecting at but when your not on a treasure beach you can go in as far as you want in the water and no matter where your detecting you always want to be respectful of your surroundings

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what your referring too but you Always want know the law where your detecting at but when your not on a treasure beach you can go in as far as you want in the water and no matter where your detecting you always want to be respectful of yourin
Not sure what your referring too but you Always want know the law where your detecting at but when your not on a treasure beach you can go in as far as you want in the water and no matter where your detecting you always want to be respectful of your surroundings
if you’re on the treasure coast, as you said, you might want to check out the lease boundaries before you admit to being chest deep in the water making recoveries.

Miguel314

Nov 2, 2021
Florida
Detector(s) used
😂 ok that has nothing to do with where I’m detecting on a regular basis just because I live on the treasure coast doesn’t mean treasure beaches are the only place I or we have to go we have the intracoastal, lakes, rivers, springs and hundreds of other beaches just in case you didn’t know.

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
😂 ok that has nothing to do with where I’m detecting on a regular basis just because I live on the treasure coast doesn’t mean treasure beaches are the only place I or we have to go we have the intracoastal, lakes, rivers, springs and hundreds of other beaches just in case you didn’t know.
Must have been a misunderstanding on my part. Just wouldn’t want anyone to get in any trouble for a misquote on where they might have found something.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2051328

1 Roosevelt Dime (1964)

View attachment 2051329

Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2051328

1 Roosevelt Dime (1964)

View attachment 2051329

Looks like you did well... that's a mouthful... significant tidal coefficient differential...
I'm thinking STCD.
Similar to OTWBTTC.... :)

Congratulations on great finds!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you did well... that's a mouthful... significant tidal coefficient differential...
I'm thinking STCD.
Similar to OTWBTTC.... :)

Congratulations on great finds!
Lol!
Thanks!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2051328

1 Roosevelt Dime (1964)

View attachment 2051329

silver at the beach ain't easy! Sounds like you keep it tight too so you can return to 'harvest' all the new targets each month after the storms...like the middle merc kinda glows, wtg!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread