What's new

The best Hunt of my Life!

Poptopagain

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's E Serries & Etrac
I returned to a Maryland Civil War camp site today and found my first bucket. One of you told me to dig everything earlier in the week, so I did! Here are my finds.

I'm assuming that is was from a New York Militia soldier. We identified a button from there earlier in the week. I wanted to make this a little longer and do some research first, but the kids are ready for Trick or Treating.

Let me know if you recognize any of the stuff like the lock or tab looking thing. It has DM and Co. on it.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0106.webp
    DSC_0106.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 921
  • DSC_0107.webp
    DSC_0107.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 917
  • DSC_0110.webp
    DSC_0110.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC_0114.webp
    DSC_0114.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC_0115.webp
    DSC_0115.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 899
  • DSC_0124.webp
    DSC_0124.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 901
  • DSC_0120.webp
    DSC_0120.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 904
  • DSC_0119.webp
    DSC_0119.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 909
  • DSC_0117.webp
    DSC_0117.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 913
  • DSC_0121.webp
    DSC_0121.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 894
  • DSC_0127.webp
    DSC_0127.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 894
Upvote 0
Nice finds, I would have came with you today but I had lunch with the in-laws. Dont want to upset the wife..
 
Nice buckle!!! I hope to find one of those someday. congrats
 
Anytime you find a Civil War buckle these days, that is truly a hunt of a lifetime, sounds like banner to me. That thing is in excellent condition. Outstanding find, WTG...........................hopefully one day I will get that beep. Congrats...... :notworthy:
 
i belive the piece with the dm and co. covers the lock hole that the key fits in to. just my opinion. mike
 
mikefromIllinois said:
i belive the piece with the dm and co. covers the lock hole that the key fits in to. just my opinion. mike

You believe correct!

Nice buckle!
 
romeo-1 said:
mikefromIllinois said:
i belive the piece with the dm and co. covers the lock hole that the key fits in to. just my opinion. mike

You believe correct!

Nice buckle!
indeed a lock cover
 
Very nice buckle!!Here is a lock :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • lock.webp
    lock.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 732
Great call on the lock cover! That's it. :icon_thumleft:
 
You gotta love that area. :hello2: I really like that key and of course the buckle. Keep hitting it hard and there's more to find out there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom