The Champagne of finds...

sierrakev

Jan 19, 2013
Finally got to try out my Sand Shark today.
Rusty got me a coil cover quickly, he's top notch, definitely the man to see about Tesoro.
Rather than sit in traffic, I spent the afternoon listening to waves and the distant bees in my headphones... Super clean beach, made me wonder if I had my set up wrong, until it wailed and screamed at a bloated dime, nearly a foot beneath the thick wet sand.
A penny seemed to sound more urgent. The tidal zone doubles the thickness, makes them almost unrecognizable.
My Indiana scoop (from Kazakhstan) is a beast, my shark senses it's presence from halfway around my body, and my body is still feeling the effects of toting the massive tool... But it is a blast to put a foot on it and create a crater with ease. The bungee shoulder loop detector holder thing that I bought on a whim, is ideal for my Sand Shark, which just kind of floats along with me as I steer the sweep, plus it keeps track of the detector as I dig... really cool idea.
At one point, I got a banshee hit in the dry sand,
dug a really deep little pit, and was rewarded with a beer! Not a beer can, but an unopened, twisted, hard?, old Miller High Life...
Only a few clads, a couple of pieces of trash, and an old beer, but a great afternoon anyway.

Attachments

• image-2585864119.jpg
    image-2585864119.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 185
  • image-3338079476.jpg
    image-3338079476.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 187
  • image-2378689016.jpg
    image-2378689016.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 3

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
That beer is hilarious, unrecognizable, lol. I was on a beautiful but finds-barren beach last summer, without my usual refreshing bottle of water. Came to place in high dunes where a nightowl party group had dug huge conical pit for fire & fun, so figured I'd dig up something -- yep, my only coins of the day plus an unopened foil & cardboard cup of applesauce -- took a break and ate that cool, soothing applesauce! Never left my water home again either. Have fun & let us know what you find next! Andi

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
open it up..... it's miller time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread