What's new

The Deus Makes A Big First Silver Find - Spanish Cob

CoilToTheSoil

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
702
Reaction score
914
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting used to the deus and made a neat find today. 9" down, rang in crystal clear, last signal I dug on my way to pack up and I didn't even know what it was until it dried up.
Haven't washed it yet and will post better pics once I do.
This far exceeded my wildest thoughts on what I would find on this hunt!
Dug in central va.



Another pic



Worn back
 
Last edited:
Upvote 38
How cool is that? Great old piece of silver!:icon_thumleft:
 
Best way to clean it? Soak it in water and then?

No idea how to go about approximating the date or ID though. Hadn't even paid attention to a cob until today. Never thought I'd pull an item close to this age out of the ground.
 
nice. the side pictured tells where it was minted. the other side tells the date.
id prob start with hot water and a soft toothbrush to remove the dirt.
Or maybe just leave it alone, it kind of looks cool, just the way it is now. More pics of the other side.
A pic of the back and a weight will help determine the denomination.
You are going to love that XP.
 
Last edited:
Getting used to the deus and made a neat find today. 9" down, rang in crystal clear, last signal I dug on my way to pack up and I didn't even know what it was until it dried up.
Haven't washed it yet and will post better pics once I do.
This far exceeded my wildest thoughts on what I would find on this hunt!
Dug in central va.


Way to go!! What county?
 
Fabulous find! A coin that nice, I wouldn't even try to clean.
 
What an oustanding find! Congratulations! Can't wait to see some more pics. Out of curiousity, are you using the 9 inch or 11 inch coil?
 
Thanks guys, back is pretty worn but I'll snap some pics as soon as I can. I'm running an 11" coil and was surprised how clear and crisp it rang given the small size of the coin and it's depth.
 
Great find. Deus eats them small silvers for lunch. Wouldn't clean it. The dirt gives it contrast.
 
I love it that's nice I have a few finds that were so incrested I just figured they were junk seeing this makes me want to look more closely. Amazing happy for ya!!!
 
very nice congrats
 
Whoa that's a sweet cob
 
Super Awesome! Congrats!
 
29k.gif
 
Here's the worn back. I'm thinking Philip III or iv and Mexico mint due to the rounded edges of the cross on the other side
 
great find, a cob is still on my wish list. Congrats
ZDD
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom