What's new

The elusive 1971d DDO is mine!!!

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Picked up my 1000 in halves and here's the totals:

box 1:
14 40%
3 NIFC 05d, 2 06d
proof 78s my second proof ever
error 1971d DDO just like in the Cherry pickers guide. Has anyone else found one of these?
This box also had 8 40% that looked like they were proof coins because they were the shiniest coins I've ever seen. They look uncirculated and had not one scratch or blemish on them. I'll post pics tomorrow.

box 2:
14 40% with the normal ugly discolored ones I'm used to seeing.
Proof 73s my third. Gorgeous coin.
 
Upvote 0
Some 40s were issued in special Mint sets, They are a special coin, keep em nice. Looks like you got a part of a dumped collection, Congrats!
 
I'd love to see a pic of the 1971 DDO. I used to look for them but never new what to look for on that particular one.
 
What is this special mint set? Is it a proof set? I also forgot to mention that about 20 % of the first box had those really shiny coins dated up to 1981. I filled my whitman folder up with these beauties. I thought I had some nice uncirculated pieces before in there, but these coins easily replaced them. Once again they had no marks, blemishes and were about as shiny as a proof without mirror finish.
The 1971d DDO has heavy doubling in trust like the 74d and also noticeable on the TY of liberty. According to cherry pickers it is a URS7 meaning 17-32 known to exist. SWEEET! :o I'll post images of the shiny coins tomorrow, but my camera is not good enough to post the error DDO. I'll see if I can find an example and post it.
 
SMS were issued instead of proof sets in '65-67 ... but they made a very few in '64 and again in '98 along with producing proofs ...hope that this helps :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom