Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that is a ridiculous ticket.... No parking in the freaking forest at your claim? wtf...

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they came in on foot right? as they wouldn't want to damage the forest so they must have been on foot.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the Forest classification is always my first question. Work smarter with a simple come along and save that back for other things. Fight that ticket if your not in Wilderness/Preserve/historical site designation, as engineless mandate is legal in those areas. Bummer way to end the day , don't take it laying down-John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
1.How do get your sifnigant other to work so hard out in the brush
2. You have the right to access your claim. NOI my arse, and Teirney vs US FS says you cannot cvreate a significant disturbance with hand tools, and even their own handbook says that the miner and claimant determines if there is a significant disturbance. They are surface management agency and your mineral grant is sub surface. FM and feed them beans. If in Mariposa county, their LEOs are not authorized to be operating.

http://www.icmj.com/userfiles/files/USA v_ Tierney_ORDER.pdf

Forrest Circus regs, 2813.4 2813.14 - Right of Access to Claim
The right of reasonable access for purposes of prospecting, locating, and mining is provided by
statute. Such access must be in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Forest Service.
However, the rules and regulations may not be applied so as to prevent lawful mineral activities
or to cause undue hardship on bona fide prospectors and miners.

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No doubt in my mind some other user group probably hikers, mountain bikers, bird watchers etc. heard the motor and wandered over to take a look. Not liking or understanding what was going on (based upon their lofty preconceived ideals and flat out ignorance) called out the government to "set these miners straight". Respond the fun police to stomp on our rights....Again

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a very good example of "a day in the life of a miner". I'll re-post it on my Facebook. And PLP will want to hear about that too!

(I SO wanted to lend that guy my 2 ton come along.)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The only time a NOI is required is when SIGNIFICANT SURFACE DISTURBANCE is expected. The courts have already determined that hand tools CAN NOT cause this. Hence a NOI is not required.

Fight these idiots on the citation and then charge them with obstruction of your rights. Take some time to look up existing case law like Tierny and show up in court with your ducks in a row. You should have had someone go and call the Sheriff and possibly put the Forest Circus in their place. They would have had to wait for the Sheriff to show up if you requested the sheriff to be present and that would have tied them up and prevented them from hassling any one else during that time period at the very least. There's also a good chance that they would have walked away without writing you up because they knew they were in the wrong. Miners have the RIGHT to access their claims and if there is a road. then parking would be implied.

OP
OP
RotGrub

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they came in on foot right? as they wouldn't want to damage the forest so they must have been on foot.

You are correct wingmaster, this was their second time on the claim.

OP
OP
RotGrub

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the Forest classification is always my first question. Work smarter with a simple come along and save that back for other things. Fight that ticket if your not in Wilderness/Preserve/historical site designation, as engineless mandate is legal in those areas. Bummer way to end the day , don't take it laying down-John

John, This was on a AMRA claim and we are all over it... As for working smarter; we carry a 4 ton hand winch but a 20lb slugo makes quick work out of most boulders .It really looks worse than it is, but is much quicker than rigging and pulling. There are those occasions that we need to winch out boulders; the very hard bluish-gray ones that sound like steel when hit...

OP
OP
RotGrub

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.How do get your sifnigant other to work so hard out in the brush
2. You have the right to access your claim. NOI my arse, and Teirney vs US FS says you cannot cvreate a significant disturbance with hand tools, and even their own handbook says that the miner and claimant determines if there is a significant disturbance. They are surface management agency and your mineral grant is sub surface. FM and feed them beans. If in Mariposa county, their LEOs are not authorized to be operating.

http://www.icmj.com/userfiles/files/USA v_ Tierney_ORDER.pdf

Forrest Circus regs, 2813.4 2813.14 - Right of Access to Claim
The right of reasonable access for purposes of prospecting, locating, and mining is provided by
statute. Such access must be in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Forest Service.
However, the rules and regulations may not be applied so as to prevent lawful mineral activities

Oakview2, the real question is how does she get me to work so hard... The FS is way off on this one. They are not citing our mining activities. They are claiming we cannot access the claim by motorized vehicle. We are confident this will not hold water. However, we all know how the process works right? In order to defend our rights, we expend resources, go to their court, have their court side with the FS, expend more resources, go to another and perhaps another court and with persistence obtain a ruling in favor of what we and everyone else already knows to be our right...

OP
OP
RotGrub

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt in my mind some other user group probably hikers, mountain bikers, bird watchers etc. heard the motor and wandered over to take a look. Not liking what they were seeing (based upon lofty preconceived ideals and flat out ignorance) called out the government to "set these miners straight"...........Respond the fun police

You're probably right Hard Prospector. The odd thing is they are not citing the mining activities, they are citing my truck and trailer... Maybe we can ride our bicycles into the claim...

OP
OP
RotGrub

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very good example of "a day in the life of a miner". I'll re-post it on my Facebook. And PLP will want to hear about that too!

(I SO wanted to lend that guy my 2 ton come along.)

I'm guessing there are many outdoorsmen; not just miners that get harassed by the FS and bend to their unlawful will... I however don't see that happing for me. That guy is me... you should give the slugo a try, by the time Ling Ling retrieves our hand winch and rigging bag, assembles the gear and begins to pull, I'm usually done with busting up the boulders... We first use the sluggo. If that doesn't cut it, we pull out a 20' strap and see if we can push/pull the boulder together (this works more often than not) and our last resort is the hand winch.

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
There own regs permit right
to passage for the purpose of mineral exploration and mining

Forrest Circus regs, 2813.4 2813.i14 - Right of Access to Claim

OP
OP
RotGrub

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time a NOI is required is when SIGNIFICANT SURFACE DISTURBANCE is expected. The courts have already determined that hand tools CAN NOT cause this. Hence a NOI is not required.

Fight these idiots on the citation and then charge them with obstruction of your rights. Take some time to look up existing case law like Tierny and show up in court with your ducks in a row. You should have had someone go and call the Sheriff and possibly put the Forest Circus in their place. They would have had to wait for the Sheriff to show up if you requested the sheriff to be present and that would have tied them up and prevented them from hassling any one else during that time period at the very least. There's also a good chance that they would have walked away without writing you up because they knew they were in the wrong. Miners have the RIGHT to access their claims and if there is a road. then parking would be implied.

GoldenIrishmen, you are incorrect. In this post constitutional era they can request a NOI or any other regulation as they wish... Yes they are wrong and they know it, but harassment is part of their plan. As I've stated in other posts, this is an AMRA (American Mining Rights Association) claim. We will defeat the FS but our victory will not prevent future lawless behavior unless the Agent(s) are held personally accountable; meaning they suffer civil damages outside of the protection of the FS. If successful, other Agents will not risk their personal assets against predictable lawless actions...

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm guessing there are many outdoorsmen; not just miners that get harassed by the FS and bend to their unlawful will... I however don't see that happing for me. That guy is me... you should give the slugo a try, by the time Ling Ling retrieves our hand winch and rigging bag, assembles the gear and begins to pull, I'm usually done with busting up the boulders... We first use the sluggo. If that doesn't cut it, we pull out a 20' strap and see if we can push/pull the boulder together (this works more often than not) and our last resort is the hand winch.

What doesn't hurt now will later...eventually. Trust me:thumbsup: I like the strap pull idea tho.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bullying AMRA miners working AMRA claims, of all the prospecting organizations they sure picked the wrong one to mess with.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They pull that same crap on hunters in El Dorado National forest you cannot park on the road and you cannot park off the road. Me thinks if you have a claim using a tarp under your vehicle will give you much positive reinforcement when you go to court for parking on dirt ie you will not be oiling up the dirt if your car leaks any fluids. How did the enforcement officer get to your claim? Walking? If not they are violating their own rules.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GoldenIrishmen, you are incorrect. In this post constitutional era they can request a NOI or any other regulation as they wish... Yes they are wrong and they know it, but harassment is part of their plan. As I've stated in other posts, this is an AMRA (American Mining Rights Association) claim. We will defeat the FS but our victory will not prevent future lawless behavior unless the Agent(s) are held personally accountable; meaning they suffer civil damages outside of the protection of the FS. If successful, other Agents will not risk their personal assets against predictable lawless actions...

An NOI is strictly a miner's option. The Forest service can request - heck your neighbor can request - but no one can make you file an NOI. All NOIs are miner created, there is no option for the Forest Service to require one.

POOs... well that's another story.

Heavy Pans

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note: Never mine alone and always have a charged up video camera on hand to video the situation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread