The Gilded Couple (The Gilded Lens) - A golden journey.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I reached out directly and asked him. He has been too tied up launching his product via the GPAA to focus here. He didn't pay his sponsor fee here on tnet so they took down his dedicated threads/forum.

Frankly, I've been careful to be respectful, but his product is not something I'd encourage others to buy, so he's better off trying to sell it to the newbies and hayseeds that make up the GPAA these days.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I reached out directly and asked him. He has been too tied up launching his product via the GPAA to focus here. He didn't pay his sponsor fee here on tnet so they took down his dedicated threads/forum.

Frankly, I've been careful to be respectful, but his product is not something I'd encourage others to buy, so he's better off trying to sell it to the newbies and hayseeds that make up the GPAA these days.

I thought something like that might have happened. Too bad that all the other material in the threads went with it.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. Too bad. I worked hard on some of those posts...

Hey, wanna dig tomorrow?

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. Too bad. I worked hard on some of those posts...

Hey, wanna dig tomorrow?

Thanks for asking; I would love to do that but I should have made plans sooner. We have a family thing planned after church tomorrow and with the short days, there just isn't much time. I would love to get out into the creek--first outing of the year. Let me see how much time I might really have. Maybe I could work it in.... :) Get back to you about noon tomorrow.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PM sent. Just realized how badly I was hijacking this thread. Sorry Gilded!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mr Gilded and I just got back from playing around in the yard with the GMT. We are still figuring it out as ground balancing can be a pain to dial in. Here's are finds.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451868221.539407.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451868268.422003.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451868315.054775.jpg

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't been able to get out in way too long. Stopped at a creek in one of our parks on our way home. Someone had been poking around so we decided to whip out ye old pan and see if they found anything.

Interesting layers in the banks.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459305703.650575.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459305768.981960.jpg

Not a speck of goodies in the couple test pans we did. Oh well, didn't have time to stay around anyway.

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out to the river today. Haven't seen it this high in years.
Tried our luck at high point prospecting and settled down on a large crack in the bedrock and meandered around on that.
Didn't get any great gold, but got some good gold... Just wish there was more to be had.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459825056.045722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459825131.668627.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459825181.658603.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459825228.357151.jpg
My snifter

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459825296.173954.jpg
Mr. Gilded's snifter.

We also have a bunch of cons we threw in a giant peanut butter jar to deal with later. Prob super fines.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those lil pickers sure would make my day here in Colorado...so would the flowers, especially right now as I'm ready for summer!

Congrats on the "good" gold during high water season :)

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those lil pickers sure would make my day here in Colorado...so would the flowers, especially right now as I'm ready for summer!

Congrats on the "good" gold during high water season :)

Come on down to the diggins and fill up yer poke. We'd share our spot with you. :)

Yeah, we really wanted to run Zooka, but she would've ended up in the Pacific with the flow! The kayaker crazies were out loving it though!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459830331.342632.jpg

My little spot. Was a large crack in the bedrock I just helped it out some.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Come on down to the diggins and fill up yer poke. We'd share our spot with you. :)

Yeah, we really wanted to run Zooka, but she would've ended up in the Pacific with the flow! The kayaker crazies were out loving it though!

Thanks for the offer...that day will come!!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Woah it's been a long time! :(

Mr. Gilded and I went out to one of our spots yesterday and had some good times. Waited until the late afternoon when it started to cool some. I think the high was 104F. Gag.

Took Zooka out with us and our super sluices we mostly used as testers and "pay dirt transport" devices. Parked under a nice set of giant suspended boulders. It looked like someone might have test panned there so I figured heck why not see if they missed anything! Glad I did because the first pan had this little bitty nuggie/picker.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467267087.593115.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467267121.776198.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467267156.058926.jpg

I'm both excited and ashamed to say it's the biggest piece I've found thus far.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467267205.060578.jpg

This is all of the chunkier pieces from the day. The rest of it is micro and flour that just got dumped into the giant jiffy jar.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467267288.311083.jpg

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's Zooka doing her thing. Didn't have the best flow, but she did just fine regardless.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467267396.409318.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread