The Gilded Couple (The Gilded Lens) - A golden journey.

Nice collection of junk. i think the artist in you could make a masterpiece of metal sculpture with everything you are finding with that whites.

LOL! Any buyers? :P 20 acres is definitely enough land to practice on and de-junkify! Between the field area, brook area, old miner's/hunter's cabin area, house area and barn area. Wouldn't I love to find a nice stash of shiny under an old oak tree!

I'm noticing that I'm having to fiddle with the ground balancing as I move between areas and the soils change a little. Going from field dirt to crazy clay it threw me off for a second and thought I had a target; then I realized it was the balance.

Did my directions make any sense and more important did they work or make a difference for your machine?

Did my directions make any sense and more important did they work or make a difference for your machine?

They did! I'm still learning though. The only thing that threw me off a bit was the "gain" and "threshold" names, but I'm assuming that's the same as the "SENS" and
"Tune"? :dontknow:

I pretty much ignore the the Iron ID toggle as I do plan to dig everything and don't want to miss any giant nugs. I've heard different tunes and screams and squelches made by detectors on videos and such, but for the life of me this one sounds the same no matter the metal I put within it's scent. My silver ring sounds the same as a rusty old nut which sounds the same as a gold picker??? The only thing that makes it seem to change is the size and distance of the object. I know that shouldn't be though, so I must be doing something wrong?

I should get a medal from the Sierra Fund for cleaning up more heavy metal than they do. 🤔LOL!

Went looking for my Mom's long gone silver butterfly earring in my Nana's yard. Haven't found it yet, it's like a mine field!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447735877.887361.jpg
The gophers have accepted me as one of their own.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447735937.936478.jpg
One of my two helpers. Keiji is erm packing the dirt down. A gorgeous boy we have been fostering and hoped to keep but it's not working out. :'( The other helper, Daisy, chased dirt, and stole clumps with targets. Although one hole she dug I decided to check and she had found a 22mm casing. Good dog.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447736091.773649.jpg
My pile of rust with a bit of mystery sprinkled in.

Here's a more organized image of my irons and non irons. It seems to me, that a bigger health concern more readily available to the general public than Mercury id TETANUS!! Included with tetanus is a puncture wound. I think every household should have a detector to rid their property of hazardous material ;) That said, my childhood swing set stands just out of the tire swing image and I have never encountered any of these nails or their friends. So there.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447737952.697193.jpg

This is a mystery non iron item I found in a gopher mound (thanks for that tip Golden Mojo)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447738047.578936.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447738082.562537.jpg

Probably not even close but it reminds me of a neck piece on a BMX bike?

Oh ok yours is a little different than mine. The threshold knob is in the upper right corner on mine and when turned is what makes the mosquito humming noise. The Gain is on the lower right and if turned too much will make the detector squeal and blow your ears off if wearing headphones

Oh ok yours is a little different than mine. The threshold knob is in the upper right corner on mine and when turned is what makes the mosquito humming noise. The Gain is on the lower right and if turned too much will make the detector squeal and blow your ears off if wearing headphones

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447787689.818567.jpg
Here's the control panel on the one we've been borrowing.

Yeah, I think the names are just switched. The SENS switch bottom right on this machine is used to turn it on and if it's up too high like you said it will squeal like the mandrakes in Harry Potter. The upper right "threshold" knobby is the one I turn to get that sqeeto hum.

I'm guessing a detector set up correctly basically makes no noise when balanced except that constant him until you hit a target.

Yep same same, the SENS on yours is the gain on mine, same with tune and threshold. Mine is a VSAT, yours is a GMT II settings I gave should work for yours as well. You should pretty much always hear that little humm.

Went detecting in our yard again. Someone who lived here before us really liked light beer. Bleck!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447801169.297117.jpg

No juicy nuggets in the drainage in the left field. :(

Went panning today. Had a great time and it was warm instead of rainy, but that means there are more people about.

I'll do some gold portraits later tonight.

GoldenMojo, that hole you started and told me to crawl into (you weren't kidding about it being difficult), if only you could have gotten a couple more scoops out of there! I was able to get about two and a half pans before I'd have to dislocate things to get pay dirt and moved on to another spot.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448238360.135100.jpg

Okay. Here's the shiny. Doesn't register on the scale but I'm still going to adopt it.

Goldenmojo, you were about three scoops away from this squirrely picker.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448258624.261202.jpg

She was definitely living in tight quarters!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448258721.160396.jpg

My take for the day between two tiny holes.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448258823.359040.jpg

Here's the second hole
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448258905.827578.jpg

Hippy-made, beachfront property with a view in California... $400,000. As is, the roof leaks.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448258967.408378.jpg

Mr. Gilded's take. I got beat pretty bad, but at least I got that nice picker so ha.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448259088.410039.jpg

Combined take.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448259173.643870.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448259206.109547.jpg

If that picker doesn't register on your scale, I think you need a new scale! How about mailing it to me and I'll weigh it for you? :-P

Okay. Here's the shiny. Doesn't register on the scale but I'm still going to adopt it.

Goldenmojo, you were about three scoops away from this squirrely picker.
View attachment 1238939

She was definitely living in tight quarters!
View attachment 1238940

My take for the day between two tiny holes.
View attachment 1238941

Here's the second hole
View attachment 1238942

Hippy-made, beachfront property with a view in California... $400,000. As is, the roof leaks.
View attachment 1238945

Mr. Gilded's take. I got beat pretty bad, but at least I got that nice picker so ha.
View attachment 1238946

Combined take.
View attachment 1238947

View attachment 1238948

Wow Nice Picker! Way to get in there deep. I was going to try to wedge myself further in but did not want to become a permanent fixture on the river. Go back and get more. Congrats to you and Mr. Gilded. Also don't send your picker to Kevin. You know bad the mail service is!

Last edited:
Nice picker!!! Well done team!

TGL Take that picker in put it in a small round piece of velcro. Seal the edge. Then you can use it as a practice piece with your Goldmaster to sharpen you gold hearing skills. You will also be able to remove your picker later without having glue all over it.

I agree with Kevin. That looks like at least a + .05 picker. Does your scale read 0.000 or 0.00?

Depends on if it's in ounces or grams mode. The entire take for the day plus the picker didn't register. [emoji45]

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448311793.988176.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448311843.673380.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back