UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend came to me with a rare bottle of fine scotch and asked me to pour it over his grave when he was gone. After examining the bottle closely for a few minutes, I asked him if he minded if I passed it through my liver first...

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Matt it was the right an honorable thing to do. After all you need to make sure its was actually of fine quality fitting for your old buddy's wishes with one last drink or two?

Works for me.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Doc

Dear sweet Amy has gone to places we can only imagine. She has been recruited by the EU in an advisory role in the UN.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great news……am very happy for her.
Guess we need to wait to she gets settled for an update…….

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Incidentally there is about 7 major modern developed gold mines in the Philippines.

One of these mines A friend of mine worked for a time a few years ago. . It taken over be South African miner as tough as nails. The local criminal gangs wanted to extort money from the operation. This South African without blinking an eye pulled out pistol in front of the gang and shot the leader dead through the head. And calmly told them they are now working for him and the new terms of the deal. He later told my friend ya cut the head off the snake the others will follow. And follow they did.

gold-mines-in-the-philippines.jpg

The Johnston Mine so I have been told is up for sale as of late.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Jose I as ya know post these treasure yarns to inspire the next generation to dare to dream from whatever part of the world they are from. People will dream and a select few will dare to dream further as they will push the boundaries of exploration to succeed. Some will fail and others will endure great hardships and perhaps an elite few will discover wonderful things. It is not for all. Many on this site may love a yarn or two. Few really understands what it takes to go beyond the limits.....

One thing I can guarantee you is they will be very different people when they come back. And a normal life just never seems the same again.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And our black feathered friend here is testimony that you will likely need endure great hardships……..as our Cuervo continues his physical conditioning for an as yet unexplained adventure………
Few people have ever pushed themselves to any limit and most rebel when even stressed a little……….we are capable of much more than we generally do……
I agree with Señor Crow that a "normal" life has no appeal…….there is so much out there in the world, just waiting for us if we break the chains of what is considered normal by society……...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread