The Heat Is On......My FIRST Seated Dime!!! Yeah Me!!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
100 degrees in the shade and I finally get a chance to go detect !!! Headed to a favorite place that used to be a stage station,civil war camp and Bald Knobber Shooting grounds along the Old Wire Road.
This place encompasses 1000 acres and I think I have walked them all, so right away I noticed that they had done some bulldozing at the top of one of the hills! Yeah Me! Since I knew this had probally been a good picket post site ,I headed up there....within 1/2 hour of sweating buckets and digging square nails, I heard that sweet silver tone!!! A 1841 -O seated dime!!!! I couldnt even believe it.,...my first ....and the first coin that I have found at this site after hunting it several times! Its thin...its worn and bruised....but its mine!
I am so sorry I dont have a picture...but the girls took my camera on vacation with them.....
I also found a smashed lead bullet, iron pieces and blue willow pottery shards...
along with some broken green mason jars.....I am going to head back out there this week ,before the weeds grow up.....Figure the dime was my reward for braving the heat...I will post pic as soon as I am able.

Upvote 0
Super Gypsy!!! Photo or no Photo a great first for you!

Don

Congrats on your first seated dime Gypsy!!! Hopefully that site will give ya a few more and some other nice old coins and relics!! :thumbsup:

Congrats! Good to take that opportunity when it showed up and you were paid back for your effort! Looking forward to the pic.

That's a nice find, congrats and good luck next trip.

Look forward to the pictures. You deserve the silver. Yeah You !! Way to go :thumbsup:

TnMountains

Good job on the seated dime !! :icon_thumright:

TommNJ

Job well done Gypsy, congrats on your first seated dime.
It's a great feeling seeing them in your hand after all those years in the dirt.

HB

Way to go girl!!! :notworthy: Congrats to you.
I still haven't found a seated anything. :-\
Is that your oldest coin find?
Way to go,
MM

Yeah you!!

applause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gif

Attachments

• applause.gif
    applause.gif
    104.7 KB · Views: 775
Congratulations!
Don't have one of those in my treasure chest.
I am sure when someone asks you how you found it you can say you used a bulldozer helped!
Sounds like solid research too.
WTG!

Thanks everyone...it sure took me long enough to find one! You know ...even when I had it in my hand.,...I still couldnt believe it...it was so shiney...At first I thought it was one of those watch batteries....LOL....and I thought " just my luck,in the middle of a civil war camp and find a battery" LOL....

.......and I know Tgsman....that you have taken silver from this site before.....I was up on that ridge where I found those harmonica reeds and pocket watch at the begining of the property.....

Gypsy, congrats on the great find! I'm on the other side of the state and you are right...it sure is hot. Hoping to get in some hunting here this week too. Hope I get as lucky!

That is great. Can not wait to see the pics....Matt

cntrydncr1 said:
Gypsy, congrats on the great find! I'm on the other side of the state and you are right...it sure is hot. Hoping to get in some hunting here this week too. Hope I get as lucky!
Dang....wish we could have met in the middle somewhere....like a pool ....LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back