What's new

The "I HATE WINTER" thread...

ahhh i used to like winter as kid it was great ! i still enjoyed as an adult snowmobiling and plowing I-93 for many years making lots of money--- i haven't plowed in 2 years i miss the money but not the long cold wet and dark hours my snowmobile has a layer of dust on it, bring on spring i'm done!
 
we just made it through an ice storm.....no power for 3 days right before christmas......
 
This
Afternoon
sn30.png

Chance
Snow

High: 24 °F

Tonight


nsn20.png

Slight Chc
Snow

Low: 15 °F

New Year's
Day
bkn.png

Partly
Sunny

High: 25 °F

Wednesday
Night
nsn70.png

Snow
Likely

Low: 11 °F

Thursday


sn90.png

Snow


High: 19 °F

Thursday
Night
nsn80.png

Snow


Low: 5 °F

Friday


sn50.png

Chance
Snow

High: 10 °F

Friday
Night
nsct.png

Partly
Cloudy

Low: -7 °F

Saturday


sct.png

Mostly
Sunny

High: 17 °F




and i used to like this?
 
that's no good pat...where are the close ups of the beach bunnies?
Pip, put your magnifiers on and expand the page fullscreen. :laughing7:
Some times, the camera will "target in", gotta be ready for it, though. :laughing7:

I really do feel for you folks in that cold cold weather. I'd freeze to death, like flash frozen!
I know ya'll know how to deal with it. Just please do be safe everyone! and warm!
 
yeah i thinl our "high" for thursday is -4....thats minus 4
 
Have you noticed that no one from So Cal has complained? Sunny & mid 70's. We're having 'red flag' (fire) warnings due to very low humidity.
 
Nuthin' but cold and wet here today...38F, drizzle and foggy. This
ain't pretty snow, or even the kind of weather anyone would want
to do anything outside.

Would love to try ice fishing some time; I can handle a dry cold,
but the cold that get's ya here is a moist/wet cold. Crawls
into yer bones and makes ya just hate life till you get warmed up
again.

Up here there are "plunking shacks" at various spots along the
river, and a few old farts will spend all day hanging out and
sippin' moonshine inside the shack while hoping a salmon or
steelhead will come by. The rods are set up outside with
"strike sirens" attached so they won't miss the bite when
one actually does.
 
Since we're complaining about cold weather... How about that group of global warming scientists who went to Antarctica to prove MMGW only to be stuck in 13 feet of sea ice, on the first day of the Antarctic summer? Must be pretty damned cold down there!
 
Precisely why I moved south, Ecuador that is……spent a month in Nov/Dec upstate NY and it was enough cold to last a few years……
And it is precisely my love of being outside that I left the cold………sort of like Groundhog Day, about every day the same…high 80's or low 90's with a low in the 70's…….
Vaya con Dios!
 
'Nine months of winter and three months of late fall' as Doc Holliday described the climate here above 9,000ft in Colorado. Reasonably mild for us during the holidays, as we've had a break from the sub-zero temps. Some good things about winter--Since this is a resort area CDOT seems to pay more attention to the roads. You get to meet people from all over the world who come to the resorts here. After you've lived here awhile, 30 degrees is T-shirt weather. 40 below does not really feel much different than 10 below. It's a dry cold. White Christmas guaranteed every year, so far. Best thing, NO ICE STORMS!! Some of the bad things--You get to meet people from all over the world who come to the resorts here. The ground freezes up and freezes deep for a long, long time. If you work, and if you live here you will have a job and unless you're a wealthy second home owner from Texas, you WILL work at this time of year. 50 and 60 hour weeks. I work for a grocery chain and it is my job to assist with getting orders right to be in stock every day and make sure my guys get it on the shelf at night. We have pretty much been doin over $200,000 in sales a day for the last several days, and we have a less than 50,000 sq. ft. sales floor for grocery. That boggles the mind, but not much room to gripe, cause I do get a paycheck. I like to camp, and the national forest is open year round, but when the county plows the roads they block off the turn offs with snow up to 10 ft. high. And the spots you can get into are occupied by the homeless but not jobless people. I really don't hate the winter that much I guess, as this part of the country is used to it dealing with it.
 
Anybody want to trade weather temps? We reached a "high" today of 2 degrees in southern Minnesota. Pretty balmy at this time of year....
Currently it's -6 tempo
 
soo with the freeze set in for a few months what keeps everyone else going? I have bought a little gold bearing dirt to pan and some montana sapphire gravel to pick through.....
 
Nashville Winters aren't too bad,we get some good days mixed with gray,overcast blah cold days(more gray than sunny here usually)Going detecting today I'm happy to say,supposed to get up to 54. Even when it's very brisk outside after the light snows we get here sometimes I try to get outside to walk or even do a little bit of cleanup in the yard.Being inside all day on the PC brings my spirits down.C'mon Spring!
 
Gonna be 60 above here in good ole Mississippi today. Going bottle digging in about 30 minutes. Yeee HaWWWW. Good luck with that winter thing. Just kiddin.:laughing7:
 
Have fun rook! Never dug a bottle yet,hope to some day.I would actually dig through 8 inches of ice to get to one.Okay maybe not,
 
Nashville Winters aren't too bad,we get some good days mixed with gray,overcast blah cold
days(more gray than sunny here usually)Going detecting today I'm happy to say,supposed to get up to 54.

Hear it's not 54 there today...be careful of frostbite if you're out for that walk!

Typical cold and wet here today..33º and raining those fat, sloppy drops that
aren't quite frozen.
 
yet another storm rolling through my area
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom