What's new

The "I HATE WINTER" thread...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
8,715
Reaction score
22,202
Golden Thread
0
Location
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The annual TN "I HATE WINTER" thread...

Are you sick of the cold, the rain, wind and snow? Tired
of having to cancel plans because 'Ol Man Winter seems
determined to make your life miserable?

cold-1.jpg~original


Here's a place to complain about it!

*****************************************

Winter here in the far NW just...stinks! It's been drizzling,
snowing, raining and under 45ºF for what seems like weeks...
......crap......it HAS been weeks..!

Yes, I hate winter, and it's only a few days into the season.
Cabin fever is has already set in...and if we don't get a warm(er),
sunny day soon ......(well, whatever happens it'll be ugly!)

Do ya hate winter, too?

(you are not alone!)
 
Last edited:
No, I'm sick of the "cold front" that never gets here. Temps in the 80's in Dec., I hate it. Seriously. Give me a few years up north though and I'd probably feel the same as you. I really do not like the excessive heat and no change of seasons though.
 
I'm with you Dizzy, and it's just begun..........we have a long 4 months left.
 
Diggum:

This is our extended forecast for the next few days...plenty of
time for you to catch a flight up to Seattle! I live about 130 mi.
NE of Seattle, so for my area you can drop about 5º off the temps
that are shown.

(pic won't post just now, but currently temps average about 40F in
the daytime and 30's at night...and it rains 5-7 days a week)

We have 2 seasons here...Summer and "Rainy Season". Summer
typically lasts from 8-10 weeks beginning July 5th.
 
Last edited:
Nope, I never get tired of winter. Over the years I've realized the people who complain the most about the weather are sedentary, indoor people, who don't have a life outdoors.
 
Are you sick of the cold, the rain, wind and snow? Tired
of having to cancel plans because 'Ol Man Winter seems
determined to make your life miserable?

cold-1.jpg~original


Here's a place to complain about it!

*****************************************

Winter here in the far NW just...stinks! It's been drizzling,
snowing, raining and under 45ºF for what seems like weeks...
......crap......it HAS been weeks..!

Yes, I hate winter, and it's only a few days into the season.
Cabin fever is has already set in...and if we don't get a warm(er),
sunny day soon ......(well, whatever happens it'll be ugly!)

Do ya hate winter, too?

(you are not alone!)

Temps under 45? Ahhhh, poor baby. It's 13 degrees right now! You know what I call 45 degress? TIME TO GO DETECTING!
 
Temps under 45? Ahhhh, poor baby. It's 13 degrees right now!
You know what I call 45 degress? TIME TO GO DETECTING!

Yep, we had sub 10F temps for a few days in the past couple weeks.

Poor baby? Naaaa, not at all. Fished for winter steelhead for many
years...hell, we'd be standing in the water and shaking the ice off the line
after every cast..lol.

45F would be fine...IF it was dry out and not drizzling. Go out in
this stuff and the cold creeps right into yer bones; and yeah, I've
got polypro's and raingear, but it just ain't worth going out in the
slop any more.

Threads here so others can complain...not just my personal gripes.
 
Hey man I love the winter, though it does kinda ruin my outdoor detecting, but the old BFO still does the trick for searching them walls.
Besides its the time of the year when I can walk out to my favorite fishin' hole, that and sledding is a lot of fun, until I hit a tree anyway hehe.
our weather is not to bad, my forecast calls for.

TODAY

Partly Sunny
Partly
Sunny
High: 18 °F
TONIGHT

Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%
Snow
Likely
Low: 11 °F
TUESDAY

Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 40%
Chance
Snow
High: 17 °F
TUESDAY
NIGHT
Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 30%
Chance
Snow
Low: 7 °F
NEW YEAR'S
DAY
Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 70%
Snow
Likely
High: 16 °F
WEDNESDAY
NIGHT
Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 70%
Snow
Likely
Low: 11 °F
THURSDAY

Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%
Snow
Likely
High: 16 °F
THURSDAY
NIGHT
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly
Cloudy
Low: 1 °F
FRIDAY

Mostly Sunny
Mostly
Sunny
High: 12 °F

Toasty :BangHead: :headbang:

Mike
 
As my bones get older the cold seems to bother me more. But anytime I think that it's cold when its 10-15 degrees here I just call my sister in Fairbanks, AK and when I hear it's been -30 for a week I feel better. Same when I tire of the short days, they only get about two hours of dawn-dusk light now. I do like the change of seasons, and the extreme heat of the south doesn't agree with me that much. I am a born and bred yankee, and we are bred to grin and bear the winters here.
 
Nope, I never get tired of winter. Over the years I've realized the people who complain the most about the weather are sedentary, indoor people, who don't have a life outdoors.

I HATE WINTER! I'm a Texan and I have a life outdoors. I just want to be half naked and in some form of water.
 
People here in Washington don't tan.....we RUST!

In Washington a day without sunshine is........just another day.
GAAAHsmiley.gif~original
 
there was a piece on the news this morning...how most people spend 98% of their lives indoors...
wow.

here it is around 54 sunny and no wind today...chilly
 
From the land of the Great White North....

Don't feel bad....We've had over 45 inches of snow for the month of December. Tired of all the shoveling already! This is an "old fashioned winter" as the old timers use to call it....In the last few years we didn't get snow till the middle of January.....The last date I went detecting this year was Dec 9th. Guess it won't be till March before I can get out again and cabin fever is setting in already. So much for global warming!
 
Sick of it here too. Snowing now and it is supposed to be single digit highs all week, below zero lows every night too.
 
Complaining about winter is for people who don't icefish.
 
Bad knees and have to shovel the white c--p! We are looking at 12-24" for New Years! Not a very happy start to my New Year! My mood plummets along with the snow fall.

Anyone in the warmer places want any free snow? FREE take all you want!

Someone pleaseeeeeee, post a nice tropical pic, please!
 
I love to ice fish yet i hate winter amymore. You see.....i am disabled (nerve damage to my legs) which makes it extremely painful to do all the outdoor hobbies i use to do. My youngest kids are 11 and all i want is to enjoy the great outdoors and teach them the finer points of living but with my pain i tend to be more grumpy than happy which is unfair to them.
 
Complain away!
Maybe it won't seem all that bad when I tell you it's -36 C (windchill -51) here for the second day and our whole winter thus far has been roughly 7 below seasonal norms.
It must be the "global cooling" effect!
Cheers,
Dave.
 
Its about 12 degrees, but sunny, couple inches of snow last night. My new headphones, and books, and other goodies, are on the truck, for delivery!!, been sick for a week, couldn't detect anyway , if it was warmer. Come on Spring
 
Winter Dreams.webp

At least we can dream.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom