What's new

the key to digging farm fields is_______________________

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first, get your own darned key-----this one is mine :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:. 2 more buckles, another roundball, plus another flat lead disc---these must be dress weights. not a coin to be dug, buts lots of cans at 2 feet from the "cafeteria" :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:back for more today:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: IMG_3010.webpIMG_3011.webpIMG_3012.webpIMG_3013.webpIMG_3014.webp
 
Upvote 38
Really cool finds ! I think I have the lock, does that count?
 
Nice finds Rich! :occasion14:
 
I got my own, can you tell from what RR ?
 
Cobgrats on pulling the cool old greenie key.
 
thanks all for the input. today was 2 small 3 ringers, a brass pocket watch cover and ANOTHER awesome petal style pewter crotal. photos after I free the thumper from it's rusted position. getting ready to throw a Zincoln on the ground just to say I found a coin.
 
Cool find! It looks like one that I dug up in a field just two weekends ago:

Key - Small.webp
 
I like the key!
 
I've found old mid 1800's smokehouse locks, but have yet to find a single key! Congrats on yours!
 
TY for all the input. decided to take the hints and clean it in hopes of finding some marks. here are the after photosIMG_3015.webpIMG_3016.webp. if the key doesn't fit ----you must___well, you remember that famous lie :---(
 
Wow, that's really, really, red brass, unless it's copper. I've never seen a copper key before.
 
I've found old mid 1800's smokehouse locks, but have yet to find a single key! Congrats on yours!

I have a hunch that the vast majority of the iron smokehouse locks had iron keys, since we recover so many of the locks (because they're iron with brass fittings/drops/keyholes) and the keys we don't hear most likely because theyre thin small iron.
 
Definitely a key to a padlock for a Cash Strong Box.
Got pictures of the Strong Box?? lol
Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom