What's new

The Knife Collection

Whynotnow?

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2022
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
2,179
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some bought, some gifted, some inherited. Pocket knives are cool, I feel like I don’t see many knife collections on here.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6761.webp
    IMG_6761.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_6762.webp
    IMG_6762.webp
    915 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_6763.webp
    IMG_6763.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6764.webp
    IMG_6764.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_6765.webp
    IMG_6765.webp
    1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6766.webp
    IMG_6766.webp
    636.9 KB · Views: 172
Very nice. I have a small collection of knives. If I get a chance I'll post some photos of them later
 
Very nice assortment. I see you have some nice Case pieces. I’ll gather some of mine and do a photo too. I’ve been a knife junkie since childhood. I wish I still had a lot of the ones I lost or broke over the years.
 
Very nice assortment. I see you have some nice Case pieces. I’ll gather some of mine and do a photo too. I’ve been a knife junkie since childhood. I wish I still had a lot of the ones I lost or broke over the years.
Me too, mine started when my grandpa would buy me and my brother a pocket knife when we would come visit as kids. I definitely prefer the older style, I'm not big on all the tactical type stuff they sell nowadays.
 
I have a bunch of Case knives left when my step father passed, most in their original boxes. Was going to break them out some day and see what they are worth.
You should theres a lot of people who collect them, many definitely have some value.
 
I have a bunch of Case knives left when my step father passed, most in their original boxes. Was going to break them out some day and see what they are worth.
Case knives can be interesting to research. They use a code on the base of the blade. Generally4 or 5 numbers.
IMG_2823.webp

In this example: 61953 L CV
The first digit is handle material, 6 means Jigged bone
The second digit is the number of blades (1)
The last two or more digits is the pattern type. In this case, a Russlock.
The L = lockback
The CV= chrome vanadium (as
opposed to stainless steel)
IMG_2824.webp

The tang stamp shown is also an example of an encoded production year. This info is easy to find on-line and may help.
 
I have a number of knives . In my case they are not a collection They are a result of a medical condition that causes me to buy knives that I do not intend to use and most often should not be spending on Thankfully there is no known cure for this contagious problem . And many people have it and are not ev think] is normal behavior.
1998REZ.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1999.webp
    IMG_1999.webp
    683.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom