The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island (if it's possible)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1798501 View attachment 1798502 View attachment 1798503 View attachment 1798504 Here is the proof that the experts are not in agreement as to what the fiber actually is.

I believe this report is more up to date in modern carbon dating era.

InkedCoconut Fiber Dating_LI2.jpg

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said before, learn to read, the site you indicated mentions it several times, but if you have trouble with that one read this one "Coconuts in the Americas" an actual scientific study that determines that very subject, published September 2013!

Cheers, Loki

Your evidence is an article published from articles from 1844-2010... yet others actually posted a report from actual scientific studies... you must be a special one. But i do agree with you about your claims of a " premise". I don't agree with it as there is NO PROOF , but you are free to think whatever you wish. We all choose to believe in something with little or no proof.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
show us all the date.... copy and paste for all of us.

Coconuts in the Americas: a scientific study about the origin of the coconut in the Atlantic Basin, published September 2013 by Authors Charles Clement, Daniel Zizumbo-Villarreal, Cecil Brown, Alessandro Alves-Pereira and Hugh Harries. according to the authors this is their findings "It has been clearly established that the Portuguese introduced coconuts to the Cape Verde Islands in 1499, and these supplied the Atlantic Coasts and the Caribbean in the 1500's".

I posted this a couple of pages ago if you are so interested why didn't you find it? The topic is also mentioned in the site you posted on post 117!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe this report is more up to date in modern carbon dating era.

View attachment 1798517
You need to pay more attention to the topic of discussion, the carbon 14 analysis is being called into question because of the ambiguity as to what it was that was actually tested, not the method of dating.
the C14 uptake rates are different between coconut palms and eel grass and manila hemp.
if you cannot positively identify the material, it CANNOT be accurately dated by C14.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You need to pay more attention to the topic of discussion, the carbon 14 analysis is being called into question because of the ambiguity as to what it was that was actually tested, not the method of dating.
the C14 uptake rates are different between coconut palms and eel grass and manila hemp.
if you cannot positively identify the material, it CANNOT be accurately dated by C14.

Sorry, but I have more letters that positively identify the material from Oak Island as Coconut fibre than you do claiming the material submitted was not. The fact is that in at least one case a different material was sent in, and in one other case the material was too decayed to make an identity.

I didn't know you changed the topic of discussion so quick. Does this indicate that you at least admit you were wrong about the existence of the material in the Atlantic Basin before 1499? because I think we ought to settle that debate first!

Cheers, Loki

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coconuts in the Americas: a scientific study about the origin of the coconut in the Atlantic Basin, published September 2013 by Authors Charles Clement, Daniel Zizumbo-Villarreal, Cecil Brown, Alessandro Alves-Pereira and Hugh Harries. according to the authors this is their findings "It has been clearly established that the Portuguese introduced coconuts to the Cape Verde Islands in 1499, and these supplied the Atlantic Coasts and the Caribbean in the 1500's".

I posted this a couple of pages ago if you are so interested why didn't you find it? The topic is also mentioned in the site you posted on post 117!

Cheers, Loki

Your evidence is an article published from articles from 1844-2010... yet others actually posted a report from actual scientific studies...

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I have more letters that positively identify the material from Oak Island as Coconut fibre than you do claiming the material submitted was not. The fact is that in at least one case a different material was sent in, and in one other case the material was too decayed to make an identity.

I didn't know you changed the topic of discussion so quick. Does this indicate that you at least admit you were wrong about the existence of the material in the Atlantic Basin before 1499? because I think we ought to settle that debate first!

Cheers, Loki

Hey Loki , just an idea. In support of your claims about having " more letters" why not post a couple to assist in making your point to Alan. It might help.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Cheers, Loki
It is settled as far as I am concerned, Columbus reported finding coconuts in 1492, which is 7 years BEFORE your date of 1499
YOU DO THE MATH

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Here is information on the report from Columbus

Attachments

• A796E95F-4552-4DB5-963D-01D5287833F2.jpeg
    A796E95F-4552-4DB5-963D-01D5287833F2.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 857FB883-B365-4E13-A5F4-AAC8B9A0176F.jpeg
    857FB883-B365-4E13-A5F4-AAC8B9A0176F.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 51

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, but I have more letters that positively identify the material from Oak Island as Coconut fibre than you do claiming the material submitted was not.
The fact is that in at least one case a different material was sent in, and in one other case the material was too decayed to make an identity...
Still, this is NOT evidence connecting the Templars, or de Sudeley or Sinclair or any European of that period to Oak Island/Nova Scotia on which to build a logical premise.
It all just wishful speculation in support a personal pet theory that really has no basis in historical fact.

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still, this is NOT evidence connecting the Templars, or de Sudeley or Sinclair or any European of that period to Oak Island/Nova Scotia on which to build a logical premise.
It all just wishful speculation in support a personal pet theory that really has no basis in historical fact.

Absolutely right !!! There is ZERO evidence that the templars did anything on O.I. Even the masonic symbols found on the island are not proof of templars or anything related to them. But some goofballs still push that theory anyway.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely right !!! There is ZERO evidence that the templars did anything on O.I. Even the masonic symbols found on the island are not proof of templars or anything related to them. But some goofballs still push that theory anyway.

Will you duck and hide when you are proven wrong? Or will you just change your avatar? Because I tell all of you, you will all be proven wrong about your beliefs about the Knight's Templar not being in Nova Scotia or North America. They laid the foundation for the United States of America along with their allies. You may not live long enough to witness the day when this will be common knowledge but that day is coming.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Will you duck and hide when you are proven wrong? Or will you just change your avatar? Because I tell all of you, you will all be proven wrong about your beliefs about the Knight's Templar not being in Nova Scotia or North America. They laid the foundation for the United States of America along with their allies. You may not live long enough to witness the day when this will be common knowledge but that day is coming.
You base this statement about all being wrong about the claim of Knights Templar being in Nova Scotia on what?
That the Knights Templar laying out the Foundation Of the United States of America along with allies is based on what?
Who were these alleged allies of the Templars who aided in the foundation of the United States of America?
What and who will be the source of the "common knowledge"?
Grand statements made without a foundation of proof supporting that statement collapse as flights of speculative fantasy.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you duck and hide so much on the KGC threads that you give casper the friendly ghost a bad name. So where is your proof of anything you claim? Let me guess... you always like to say you know but we have to look it up. Where ? in your Nancy Drew novels?

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
MineLab - GP3000, GPX4500, GPX5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To what Norse do you refer? The Viking period was from 793-1066, which predated the Templars...
...or is documented that the Vikings came in contact with North American Indians, but nowhere is any real documentation that the Templars ever reach North America or came in contact with Native Americans, nor is there any accepted legitimate documentation that Henry Sinclair ever sailed to Nova Scotia beyond the claims made by Andrew Sinclair in his 1992 book "THE SWORD AND THE GRAIL".
The belief that Scottish Rite Freemasons as being Templars originates with the mentor of Prince Charles Edward Stuart, Andrew Michael Ramsey, a 1723 member of the Order of St Lazarus of Jerusalem and a Freemason, who wrote "Every mason is a Templar".
There is no evidence that King James I of England was ever a Freemason or a Templar.

I find this rather Interesting, as historians dismiss any claims that Freemasons are related to any of the original Knight Templar's. Templar's were Soldiers, Bankers and Protectors. (enlighten me otherwise).

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
MineLab - GP3000, GPX4500, GPX5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Franklin: Your words come across as powerful, almost as if you yourself are a Mason! and if i were a Moderator of this site and read your comment - it sort of comes across as a threat! but what would i know...........

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your evidence is an article published from articles from 1844-2010... yet others actually posted a report from actual scientific studies...

You are quoting "literature cited" which identifies the articles the authors quoted during their very exhaustive scientific study.

You don't know much about this kind of thing do you Lou? If you want to argue the point read the report not the wikipedia article on it. I won't discuss this subject with you again, Sorry!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is settled as far as I am concerned, Columbus reported finding coconuts in 1492, which is 7 years BEFORE your date of 1499
YOU DO THE MATH

And settled as far as I am concerned. The actual scientific study which you choose to completely ignore says "there is no evidence of any coconuts in the Atlantic or Caribbean prior to 1499. If you want to accept Columbus saying he found a nut that looked Indian as proof go ahead! My thoughts are that he was trying to impress his investors who expected him to find the Country of India as that is what he set out to do and why he was fronted capital and equipment to do so! Of course there is also the possibility that some native carried a coconut across Panama (their existence on the Pacific Coast there is also questionable) got in his canoe and paddled to San Salvador now in the Bahama's, some 700 miles distance, and dropped the nut there.

Btw, I believe "Coconuts of the Americas" does address your concern's about Columbus' nut!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Sure it is, just read my earlier explanations of who could have brought the fibres from the Middle East. It is actually very good evidence of a Templar presence on Oak Island.

You can keep writing it isn't til the cows come home and I will continue to disagree, sorry about that!

There are Oak Island people monitoring this site (members) and its important to me to keep the premise's active.

Cheers, Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread