What's new

the kuebelerstang, sandusky, ohio

  • Thread starter Thread starter mickey
  • Start date Start date
M

mickey

Guest
found this in milan, ohio. i was not sure of the value until i saw a guy at jamie's flea market in south amherst, ohio selling one for $1. glad i did not quit my day job. i normally post on the american indian artifact site, but i thought you guys might enjoy seeing my bottle.
 

Attachments

  • bottle.webp
    bottle.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 430
here's the bottom
 

Attachments

  • bottle bottom.webp
    bottle bottom.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 465
mickey said:
found this in milan, ohio. i was not sure of the value until i saw a guy at jamie's flea market in south amherst, ohio selling one for $1. glad i did not quit my day job. i normally post on the american indian artifact site, but i thought you guys might enjoy seeing my bottle.
Looks like your bottle is in great shape, 'mickey'! Scrub it up with LimeAway, and it'll look good on your shelf.

I think that "The Kuebelers Tang" must have been an orange-flavored drink marketed along with the cookies they baked. They were elves who lived in a tree, I think. :wave:
 
Nice bottle right there. Those bottles will suck you in to privy digging.. ;D jgas
 
That is a nice beer. I keep every one I dig, and that one is certainly a keeper. Even if it's not a beer, I'm not sure really.
 
gleaner1 said:
That is a nice beer. I keep every one I dig, and that one is certainly a keeper. Even if it's not a beer, I'm not sure really.
Sooo...You don't think it's a Kuebeler's Tang bottle made by the Kuebeler elves?? :-\​
 
Harry, I cant think how to reply to this question so I'm gonna gather up some cool beers and crown sodi pops and blast some pics to keep the madness going. My memories of the Kuebeler elves are not very pleasant so I can't comment at this time.
 
Some history:
On March 8, 1896, the Stang Brewing Co. merged with the Kuebeler Brewing and Malting Co. one mile away, forming the Kuebeler-Stang Brewing & Malting Co. This entity lasted for less than two years before becoming a part of the Cleveland & Sandusky Brewing Co. conglomerate (which would eventually consist of eleven breweries in three cities) on January 1, 1898.
This suggests your bottle was produced within one of those three years.
Don.........
 
Mackaydon said:
Some history:
On March 8, 1896, the Stang Brewing Co. merged with the Kuebeler Brewing and Malting Co. one mile away, forming the Kuebeler-Stang Brewing & Malting Co. This entity lasted for less than two years before becoming a part of the Cleveland & Sandusky Brewing Co. conglomerate (which would eventually consist of eleven breweries in three cities) on January 1, 1898.
This suggests your bottle was produced within one of those three years.
Don.........

Don, outstanding and quick research from you as always.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom