Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I still have two left feet... :laughing7: at least as far as killer finds is concerned. However, I certainly had the chance and had a good time getting out with some of the local (fairly local) crew, and at least it's a post! (MANY of my hunts this year weren't worth talking about) Ironhorse already wrote out what went on so easier to check his post than for me to type it again.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,433731.0.html

My more interesting finds are a cut silver pendant possibly from a 6 pence, center part of a shoe buckle and I have never dug a complete one so was a little bitter over it, couple George coppers, key date 1858 Canadian large cent (would be pretty decent but has a very poor edge), Militia button, Snuff box? (was from an early site and I'll probably crack it open with a hammer ;D) and what at first glance I thought was a British 71st Tombac Officer button (design has a large 7 with raised small 1 and silvered designed edge border) but ended up just being yet another tease for the year. This for the most part is the end for detecting for me for quite a while but there is 3 fields left to hit so maybe, just maybe, something great will be waiting. :thumbsup:

The last picture is all the stuff that got in the way. After I shot the pic I didn't realize I hadn't even emptied my last three days worth, so yes, it was lots of digging!

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,917
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,917
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,942
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,931
  • f5.jpg
    f5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,939
  • f6.jpg
    f6.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,964
Upvote 0

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Still got time for more Great Finds :D
Nice Button and Pendant :o
That monogram set looked mighty familiar,
The wide 'C' with S & I, (I see yours is an L ::) )\
Similar style button shown, I think it's from the Waterbury catalog, someone sent it to me when I was trying to ID a very similar bottle mark :icon_scratch:
Somehow I don't think this is your last dance :wink:

Attachments

• NH FINDS 07-01 014.jpg
    NH FINDS 07-01 014.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,568
  • NH FINDS 07-01 014.jpg
    NH FINDS 07-01 014.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,571

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You done well to there IP, :thumbsup: Like the little pendant item.Not sure when they started using that style of intwine lettering :icon_scratch: I need to check on something I found yesterday with that type of a C on it.I don't have a clue what it was with the tabs on the back not something I've seen that I recall don't think it will date to far back (my piece) as it has Pat'd May something. :icon_scratch: Anyway good to see you guy's got out for a marathon hunt 8) never tried one of them.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,378
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 1,390

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Timekiller said:
You done well to there IP, :thumbsup: Like the little pendant item.Not sure when they started using that style of intwine lettering :icon_scratch: I need to check on something I found yesterday with that type of a C on it.I don't have a clue what it was with the tabs on the back not something I've seen that I recall don't think it will date to far back (my piece) as it has Pat'd May something. :icon_scratch: Anyway good to see you guy's got out for a marathon hunt 8) never tried one of them.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
Hi Pete,
here's a bottle fragment with CM... not the CSI I was looking for, but looks similar
to your item

Attachments

• NH FINDS 09-15.1003.jpg
    NH FINDS 09-15.1003.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,247
  • NH FINDS 09-15.1003.jpg
    NH FINDS 09-15.1003.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,249

Hans R Dirty

Nov 25, 2009
I'll have to say you sure put lots of time in this past week. Some nice old relic's but I know you can still cut a rug before the snow fly's. :notworthy: That pendent is an eye catcher. :headbang:

Btw when I was throwing out trash from the NJ field I came across this blob of copper. I think it looks like a horse head. Maybe from a 19th century chess game? :icon_scratch: Another one for the not junk but whatsit box.

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 877
  • horse2.jpg
    horse2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 925
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hans R Dirty said:
I'll have to say you sure put lots of time in this past week. Some nice old relic's but I know you can still cut a rug before the snow fly's. :notworthy: That pendent is an eye catcher. :headbang:

Btw when I was throwing out trash from the NJ field I came across this blob of copper. I think it looks like a horse head. Maybe from a 19th century chess game? :icon_scratch: Another one for the not junk but whatsit box.

yeah, word on the street is the other part of the horse was driving a new red truck. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hans R Dirty said:
Yup, all 320 horses funny man :headbang:

:headbang:

I was telling IH what great detecting wheels that thing is..... if you don't mind the gas bill! ;D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hans R Dirty said:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=3422&cat=all
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=11960&cat=all
Looks like a badly cast rein holder :thumbsup:

Hans R Dirty

Nov 25, 2009
Iron Patch said:
Hans R Dirty said:
Yup, all 320 horses funny man :headbang:

:headbang:

I was telling IH what great detecting wheels that thing is..... if you don't mind the gas bill! ;D

You got that right, it luvs to eat. But I was spending that gas bill every month when I smoked. It is fun to drive and Karen lovs it too :laughing7:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice silver medal ! :thumbsup:

Hidden_Realm

Oct 18, 2009
Niagara, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Looks like a lot of holes dug.......and some good finds. "Last Dance"...........still time b4 the cold weather comes and the snow flies.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well buddy finally glad to see you posting something for all the trouble that you've had this season! Like IH says sure there is still a song or 2 in that dance... :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know what's funny about your, 'stuff that got in the way' . . .
I would consider that stuff good enough to be my treasure! :laughing7:

I really like this 'cut silver pendant possibly from a 6 pence' ! :notworthy:

Nice digs man, :thumbsup:
Dave

Attachments

• Silver.jpg
    Silver.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 518

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of finds, it never gets boring looking at old stuff coming out of the ground. :headbang:

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!

Looks like Winter is closing in on us. :(

It might be it for me too.

What to do for 3 months? :read2: ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread