the last few years

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The year is almost done and I can't help to reflect on the days that led up to now.. Hell it wasn't even 3 years ago my brother and I bought a claim in AZ and lost it all and ended up living homeless on the Bear river in California. Sometime in May 2010 we met someone who said he was lookin for men to work his Salmon River Claim up by Mule Bridge. So my brother and I eager for gold packed everything and headed up there.. So cold living in a tent an a constant drizzle.. The guy we were with stayed for a few days and had an excuse to leave said he be back never did come back took and what gold we found too!! two days after he left we got snowed in we ended up staying for about 2 months living in a tent in pure misery.. I remember it being wet and cold.. Blm finally saw us mining and we talked come to find out we working someone elses claim other then what we thought. We had no choice but to go back to the Bear River as soon as the Pass cleared. Once again Gold kicked us in the balls. 2011 was a rough year as we were trying to figure out how can we make gold pay without spending a crap load of money. Sometime in 2012 we had an Awakening!! But our prospecting methods changed dramatically not just in areas we searched but what signs we were looking for and how to sample.. Anyway I claim no riches but I have found myself a little niche and I can get my bills paid though I will admit it is very hard to get ahead of the game. My brother has recently returned to his old job(the same job he left in 2010 to work the AZ claim)Me well I just bought a 4wheel drive truck and always looking for a way to make the Gold Pay. I still primarly work public lands for now though I am always exploring other options. Nothing as of yet has panned out.. I think and I have been told once or twice Gold has made me kinda odd I think. Anyway I sit here and I think about to all the strange day's I had and places I been.. Robber's Fire I just hiked out to camp for a few days and by mid afternoon I look up to see plumes of smoke!!! what a miserable day... They closed Yankee Jims Road I had to walk from Indian Creek to Yankee Jims Bridge then down the dirt road to Colfax to get picked up.. Misery I say.... I have been to so many different places and seen so many awesome things learned so much.. It is funny how quickly life can turn...Anyway I am just killing a day(Had a phone appointment at the most ackward time)AND I figured I would Ramble a bit...

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They thought I was crazy when I said, at certain times of the year, BILLIONS of lady bugs gather in the rivers canyons. I'm crazy, but not a liar - thanks Marshall. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep up the good work MM!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love the stories and background MM, thanks for sharing and heavy, heavy pans to ya!

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for another great story and vids MM!

Maybe you'll write a book someday on your adventures.

And hey, ladybugs are for good luck.

Lots and lots of gold to you! :icon_thumleft:

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have to say - those lady bugs were one of the coolest things I've seen while prospecting on the american river. I found an old coffee pot at Euchre Bar last year that seemed half full of the little buggers. Too cool.

Hope the hard times are behind you MM. That stint in the tent sounds like hell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread