The Lost Doc Thorne Mine - was it the same mine of Jacob Waltz?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crisbns: To clarify, you posted -->Who has actually had feet on the ground looking?

Would you consider since 1950's qualifies as such ??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You also posted >> Strange that people laugh at reality while looking for lost mines.
-----------------------------------------------------------

And lost mines aren't???? I personally have found La Tarasca, Las Pimas, La Gloria Pan, Tepoca, and of course the fabulous, legendary Tayopa, plus tons of missing historical data. Right now I am working on the historical side which is fascinating and FUN.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finally posted -->>>> Dr. John Walker, Waltz's buddy? Mines that are not legally claimed could be lost if someone chooses to use the term lost. Dr. Walker claimed the mine? Why? In your words: Claiming is practically throwing it away
-------------------------------

IN actuality claiming is the only basic protection that you have, the very reason that it was set up. Course as is the case for one of my mines, a large co looking for Fe, simply surrounded my lil claim by some 1500 meters on each side, fortunatly by being next to a paved road gave / gives me legal access. --- there is no ferrous materiel within few kilometers near my claim, soo ??

On another, I tried to interest another large mining co in it, but their head geologist simply laughed at me and stated Gold is never found in that type of terrain. He never even looked at my data and proof How do you account for this attitude??

No my friend, lost mines do exist but are lost for many reasons, including looking for them in the wrong places, sometimes different states or even countries.

Here is a photograph of a very famous lost mine that was lost in the middle or early 1800's, where do you suggest starting to look?

Don Jose de La Mancha

View attachment 905877 View attachment 905878

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Chlsbrns also wrote

I know many of the people on this forum and can state for a fact that they have indeed put boots on the ground looking, many years of it in fact. How much time have you spent putting your boots on the ground?

>>> I mainly go to get permission and test as I research and know what to expect when I get there. I don't waste time wandering aimlessly.

You have posted common knowledge about the many known, not lost mines. How many have you actually been to?

>>> You assume to often. What you are calling a mine in most cases are large gold deposits that have never been worked. They are for the most part gold deposits not mines. They are from stream and soil samples that the USGS has taken from streams and soils. They test for everything not just gold. As I've already stated when I go I'm going to ask permission and to test. I can only get the guys to work a few different locations each summer.

I see that others have pointed out that in many cases, yes indeed there are thousands of ounces of gold, but so thinly distributed in the ore as to make extracting it non-profitable.

>>> Again they are assumptions and are incorrect.

Perhaps you do not understand what hunting a lost mine is all about? It is not about simply hunting for a mine that has gold in it, there are thousands of those, it is about finding one that is rich enough for a Mom-n-Pop type of operation to work and make money at. Something so small that a major mining company would not even be interested. Ask our mutual amigo Real de Tayopa about this. Many lost mines are in this class - they are not thousands of acres but quite small - the vein of the Doc Thorn story is no more than eighteen inches thick and you can bet that it tapers off at the ends.

>>> I'm talking the lost Dutchman and other lost mine stories. Rich maybe but verifiably not minable. You either missed my previous post or are also good at ignoring facts that you do not like. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...mine-same-mine-jacob-waltz-6.html#post3705423

You also choose to ignore my post? Or fail to comprehend? The yellow markers on google earth amount to hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold. The locations haven't been mined because the locations haven't been found by the public. The USGS does not mine they sample and test.

Oh the lawyer thing... ask a lawyer now if there is the slightest chance that you will be able to mine if you find any of the super rich gold deposits in the Superstitions.

Chlsbrns also wrote

Snap out of it? Heck amigo I am not sure I even understand your point - you are convinced that Waltz was a lazy, greedy murderer; I don't agree. Would a lazy, greedy murderer give money to a friend to help them out?

>>> Would they kill their cousin as Waltz did? You must have also missed that post or choose to ignore that fact

This version of the story doesn't ring true. We can not know what reason(s) why Waltz chose not to file a claim, but there are some obvious ones, for one thing the moment he filed a claim, he could count on having numerous other people up at his mine and very likely claim jumpers.

>>> I posted copies of the actual claims that Waltz did file. What was it 15 claims? His reason for not filing the one claim that you want to believe in was probably because you can't place claims on victims.

In another mining district, where others already had filed claims, this risk is greatly reduced. Can you get that idea? I can give you numerous examples - if you filed a new claim on Eldorado Creek in Yukon Territory, it would hardly raise an eyebrow, but when those fellows filed new claims in the Northwest Territories on the great diamond strike there, De Beers immediately claimed up all the ground around it for miles around. In Waltz's day there were people ready and willing to murder you for a rich mine located in a remote place. For that matter there are still people around today whom would do the same - not so many years ago a man was murdered in Apache Jct for having bragged that he had a map to the Lost Dutchman mine. The map was one out of a magazine, but his bragging about it got him killed.

>>> Yes you already made these statements and are again choosing to ignore my reply.

Chlsbrns also wrote

Dr Walker did not know Waltz as far as I know, can you show some evidence that they knew each other? Walker could safely claim the mine as it was deep in Pima territory, where the Apaches feared to tread, and he had the full protection of his friends the Pimas as well. Dr Walker had a map to the mine given him by Weiser, and yet he never once went looking for it, perhaps he thought it was just too dangerous to go into the Superstitions? You are seeing every aspect of this in black and white - perhaps it would be helpful if you read some of the previous threads to get some better foundation?

>>> I read it somewhere just like everyone read something or another somewhere. Is any of it verifiable?

Chlsbrns also wrote

For one thing, why should any of us go to a place that you are not willing to go to? You could be trying to send us on a wild goose chase. Others have already covered other aspects of this, and to Somehiker thanks I will be happy to join you! :icon_thumright:

>>>Again you are making assumptions that I do not go to any locations. Did I say that I do not go? NO! If I was 18 and lived to be 100 I could not get to all of the locations let alone work them all. I'll probably never get west of the Mississippi River as there are to many east of the Mississippi. I also prefer and choose locations with water.

Chlsbrns also wrote

If you would go out and try to find some of these "known" mines, you will learn that a fair number of them which are listed as known and exact locations etc are NOT where the maps show them to be, and some are truly lost, just have no published stories about them.

>>> Do you ever deal in facts or just unsubstantiated assumptions? There are known mines and gold deposits that have never been worked. Some are old mines some are from soil & stream samples. They are where the USGS coordinates say they are.

Chlsbrns also wrote

What is funny is that you apparently do not know what the situation is on most of those known mines. If you would go to your state BLM office, you will find that most of them are under claim, and if you went digging on these active claims, you could be prosecuted or even shot. Many known mines are pretty well played out too - so they show up on those publications, but are not worth fooling with. Your research is not getting at the whole picture amigo.

>>> Again unsubstantiated assumptions. Known mines... See above. East of the Mississippi is private un-claimable property. You know... people own the properties? Many of the old mines east of the Mississippi were hidden or filled in on purpose during the Civil War. They didn't want the North to get their gold. They fought, died and never returned to the mine or went west and never returned. The locations west of the Mississippi are claimable if not already claimed. Guaranteed that I could make a deal with a claim owner who doesn't have a clue that a rich vein is located on their claim

Chlsbrns wrote

You really don't know these people do you? Do you realize that there are many different sizes and grades of mines, as well as different types?

>>> Yes I only plotted the rich locations not the so so locations.

Are you asking us to convince you that lost mines are real?

>>> No but even if a mine was found you couldn't prove it to be a lost mine.

Or are you assuming that we are all just deluded idiots?

>>> Your the one who makes assumptions not me

In the first case, you should decide for yourself, and then act accordingly. You seem to assume that none of us have any experience or knowledge of mining - now I cannot speak for everyone, but I own several good mining claims and spend some time digging gold out of them every year. In fact my wife and I made a living at our small mine in the Mojave desert for a couple of years and if not for the Desert Protection Act would probably be there right now.

>>> Your lawyer couldn't get you permission to work a claim? I know of some great locations in the Dakota's (N & S) Before you tell me there aren't any good deposits I can assure you there are!

I have over thirty years experience in prospecting and have owned and sold a number of good to excellent mines, and made a respectable amount of money at the vocation, not just looking for lost mines or treasures. I know that quite a few of the other members here have as much or more mining experience, many own mining claims as well or have owned them. Hunting a lost mine is simply prospecting but focused on searching for a particular mine or deposit, rather than just going out in any area and hoping to find a good strike.

I see that our mutual amigo Springfield has already addressed your point on what mining companies would be interested in or not interested in, thank you both.

>>> Yes he did and again you are ignoring what you choose to ignore. You ignored my post that shows they will mine 1/2ppm and are again assuming the deposits are not rich. I deal in facts!

Sarge wrote

The county courthouse in Dahlonega Georgia is built of gold ore, has over an ounce per ton in fact. It is not hard to find gold, it is hard to find a lot of gold in one place, wish we could get that across to some people.

>>> An ounce per ton is a whole lot of gold!

Roy

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chlsbrns - you've mentioned a couple times now that Waltz had filed around 15 claims. Most "dutchhunters" are aware of the Gross Lode, Big Rebel and General Grant claims, and have seen the documents you posted. I don't understand where you get 15 claims from - what am I reading wrong?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Chisbrns: I realize what you are attempting to post or say, just relax. you don't have to prove yourself any more than the others, but don't make such flat, no leeway, statements.

>>> I talk or post like I think I don't pull punches and deal in facts.

As for mines I own / have one . clear title, no attachments, aprox 500 meters from an all weather state maintained paved road, Hi power lines parallell to the road. labor perhaps 20 kilometers away with a RR shipping center perhaps 100 kilometers on the same all weather paved road..

I have perhaps several thousand tons blocked out of hi grade - Au average runs 27 Grms, high 171 grams., lo 2 or 3. yet I cannot interest anyone to put up the capital to work it.

>>> How much do you think you need? Is there water? What equipment do you have?

I have a 'complete mining camp' set up perhaps only 50 kilometers away and it can be easily moved in a few days.

So can you direct me to one of these 'hungry' companies ????

None of my family are miners nor care to work it, nor can I anymore. they want to just profit by it.

Have others will travel.

Don Jose de La Mancha

View attachment 905850

Crisbns: To clarify, you posted -->Who has actually had feet on the ground looking?

Would you consider since 1950's qualifies as such ??

>>> Yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You also posted >> Strange that people laugh at reality while looking for lost mines.
-----------------------------------------------------------

And lost mines aren't???? I personally have found La Tarasca, Las Pimas, La Gloria Pan, Tepoca, and of course the fabulous, legendary Tayopa, plus tons of missing historical data. Right now I am working on the historical side which is fascinating and FUN.

>>> I post for the fun and also research and post what I find. I'm sure in this thread that I have posted things that no one has ever laid eyes on. True?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finally posted -->>>> Dr. John Walker, Waltz's buddy? Mines that are not legally claimed could be lost if someone chooses to use the term lost. Dr. Walker claimed the mine? Why? In your words: Claiming is practically throwing it away

-------------------------------

IN actuality claiming is the only basic protection that you have, the very reason that it was set up. Course as is the case for one of my mines, a large co looking for Fe, simply surrounded my lil claim by some 1500 meters on each side, fortunatly by being next to a paved road gave / gives me legal access.

>>> A claim gives rights to the claimed minerals/gold. It does not give the claim owner any other rights including access by or thru their claim. They do not own the claimed property and can not deny your access.

On another, I tried to interest another large mining co in it, but their head geologist simply laughed at me and stated Gold is never found in that type of terrain. He never even looked at my data and proof How do you account for this attitude??

>>> They are morons

No my friend, lost mines do exist but are lost for many reasons, including looking for them in the wrong places, sometimes different states or even countries.

>>> I'm talking about lost mines such as the lost Dutchman. Tens of thousands of people have looked for that mine in the past 150 years. They didn't find it? Or did they? I personally think the Mammoth mine or the Bull Dog mine could be what people are looking for.

Here is a photograph of a very famous lost mine that was lost in the middle or early 1800's, where do you suggest starting to look?

>>> I cant see any pic. It's lost?

Don Jose de La Mancha

View attachment 905877 View attachment 905878

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
chlsbrns - you've mentioned a couple times now that Waltz had filed around 15 claims. Most "dutchhunters" are aware of the Gross Lode, Big Rebel and General Grant claims, and have seen the documents you posted. I don't understand where you get 15 claims from - what am I reading wrong?

Did you red the claim docs I posted? I have more but if I remember correctly there were about 15 claims. The one posted in this reply shows six claims. If you can read it when it pops up click on the pic again and it will be larger.

Attachments

• waltz.png
    waltz.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 109

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, 6 on that one.
5 by discovery, and 1 by presumption.
Turkey Creek District.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that accounts for 8 (Personally although I know the Gross Lode claim was 6 claims, I guess in my mind I always considered it just one mine claim). I'm not aware of any more that he was involved in. What other ones do you have?

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don Jose - I can't see your photos.

Chlsbrns - wow. I can see your purpose here now, and will tell you that I did not respond to your every utterance, as I simply don't have the time. Y

Chlsbrns wrote
>>> I mainly go to get permission and test as I research and know what to expect when I get there. I don't waste time wandering aimlessly.

I can assure you that you will not get permission to go on every active mining claim in the USA.

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> You assume to often. What you are calling a mine in most cases are large gold deposits that have never been worked. They are for the most part gold deposits not mines. They are from stream and soil samples that the USGS has taken from streams and soils. They test for everything not just gold. As I've already stated when I go I'm going to ask permission and to test. I can only get the guys to work a few different locations each summer.

No, I have been to many BLM offices and in well over 100 mines. I did not take the time to study and examine each and every yellow pin you posted, nor would I. You are the one making assumptions repeatedly. Why for example do you assume that the other members here have not already done a great deal of research on finding a mine they could get?

Chlsbrns also wrote
>> I'm talking the lost Dutchman and other lost mine stories. Rich maybe but verifiably not minable. You either missed my previous post or are also good at ignoring facts that you do not like. The Lost Doc Thorne Mine - was it the same mine of Jacob Waltz?

You are the person whom has derailed the topic amigo. You are also assuming that I have ignored your "facts" if I do not respond to them or simply disagree, based on other evidence which clearly you are not even aware of.

Chlsbrns also wrote
You also choose to ignore my post? Or fail to comprehend? The yellow markers on google earth amount to hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold. The locations haven't been mined because the locations haven't been found by the public. The USGS does not mine they sample and test.

So what is preventing YOU from going out to any or all of your yellow-pin-pointed spots, and mining out billions in gold?

Chlsbrns also wrote
Oh the lawyer thing... ask a lawyer now if there is the slightest chance that you will be able to mine if you find any of the super rich gold deposits in the Superstitions.

You have assumed that the LDM must be within the boundaries of the Wilderness Area, which I do not believe to be the case. However if I did find it within the Wilderness Area, I would enlist the aid of an attorney and attempt to get legal rights. You are certainly free to stay home and not have to be concerned.

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> Would they kill their cousin as Waltz did? You must have also missed that post or choose to ignore that fact

That is not a fact, it is your assertion; please provide proof that Waltz had a cousin, and that he murdered said cousin. I don't believe it happened but you are free to believe what ever you wish.

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> I posted copies of the actual claims that Waltz did file. What was it 15 claims? His reason for not filing the one claim that you want to believe in was probably because you can't place claims on victims.

First I am not convinced that every single claim you posted, is directly attributable to Jacob Waltz. Secondly, Waltz is known to have helped discover and develop several good gold mines in the Bradshaws - where there were numerous other mining claims and far less risk of anyone being a claim jumper as a result.

<snip>
<I wrote earlier>
Dr Walker did not know Waltz as far as I know, can you show some evidence that they knew each other?

and Chlsbrns replied
>>> I read it somewhere just like everyone read something or another somewhere. Is any of it verifiable?

Can you tell us where you read it? Yes quite a few things are verifiable, but you should do your own research and not trust what you see on the internet.

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>>Again you are making assumptions that I do not go to any locations. Did I say that I do not go? NO! If I was 18 and lived to be 100 I could not get to all of the locations let alone work them all. I'll probably never get west of the Mississippi River as there are to many east of the Mississippi. I also prefer and choose locations with water.

Good for you - you will be more comfortable east of the Mississippi. I did not make any assumption either amigo, I simply asked you how much boots-on-the-ground time you had spent? You still have not answered that so I will presume it is not very much. Have you ever done any prospecting in the western states?

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> Do you ever deal in facts or just unsubstantiated assumptions? There are known mines and gold deposits that have never been worked. Some are old mines some are from soil & stream samples. They are where the USGS coordinates say they are.

I don't understand why you have your hostile, aggressive attitude in every thread you appear in, and am tired of wasting time trying to talk to you. OK we got it, you don't believe in any lost mines, they are all bunk for you - great for you - so stick to those known mines, or stay home, very simple. :thumbsup:

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> Again unsubstantiated assumptions. Known mines... See above. East of the Mississippi is private un-claimable property. You know... people own the properties? Many of the old mines east of the Mississippi were hidden or filled in on purpose during the Civil War. They didn't want the North to get their gold. They fought, died and never returned to the mine or went west and never returned. The locations west of the Mississippi are claimable if not already claimed. Guaranteed that I could make a deal with a claim owner who doesn't have a clue that a rich vein is located on their claim

More sweeping statements and accusations - and it is you making the assumptions again. I can guarantee that you can not get a deal with every claim owner. Can you make a deal with me? I own several very good gold mines in CA. What is your offer?

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> No but even if a mine was found you couldn't prove it to be a lost mine.

With your attitude, why would I try to prove anything to you?

<snip>

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> Your lawyer couldn't get you permission to work a claim? I know of some great locations in the Dakota's (N & S) Before you tell me there aren't any good deposits I can assure you there are!

Great locations in North Dakota? That is a new one for me, unless you are talking about oil, which is beyond my interest. Where did I say that my lawyer "couldn't get me permission"? I have never said that - more assumptions on your part. I too know some great locations in South Dakota, but am not going to post it on here as I am interested in them myself.

Chlsbrns also wrote
>>> Yes he did and again you are ignoring what you choose to ignore. You ignored my post that shows they will mine 1/2ppm and are again assuming the deposits are not rich. I deal in facts!

Sarge wrote

The county courthouse in Dahlonega Georgia is built of gold ore, has over an ounce per ton in fact. It is not hard to find gold, it is hard to find a lot of gold in one place, wish we could get that across to some people.

>>> An ounce per ton is a whole lot of gold!

Roy

Signing my name to your posts now too? I saw your post BTW, but clearly you have not ever tried to cut a deal with a large mining company. I have and know that several others here have, the kind of mines they are interested in in HUGE by comparison to what we are talking about here. And has not one thing to do with the Lost Dutchman or Dr Thorn mine.

I would suggest that you look into the many threads on T-net which are focused on simple prospecting in known gold producing areas - that seems to be your main area of interest, or you are looking to pick a fight. However I would bet that you would not take any suggestion. Either way I am not going to spend any more time on you.

Happy thanksgiving to you all,
Roy
<yep that is ME! :tongue3:>

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose - I can't see your photos.

Chlsbrns - wow. I can see your purpose here now, and will tell you that I did not respond to your every utterance, as I simply don't have the time. Y

Chlsbrns wrote

I can assure you that you will not get permission to go on every active mining claim in the USA.

>>>You can't comprehend what you read can you? Show me where I said that please! I didn't say I could get on EVERY claim. I said that I could get on claims that had veins that the claim owner didn't know about.

Chlsbrns also wrote

No, I have been to many BLM offices and in well over 100 mines. I did not take the time to study and examine each and every yellow pin you posted, nor would I. You are the one making assumptions repeatedly. Why for example do you assume that the other members here have not already done a great deal of research on finding a mine they could get?

>>>Because they are looking for Lost Mines.

Chlsbrns also wrote

You are the person whom has derailed the topic amigo. You are also assuming that I have ignored your "facts" if I do not respond to them or simply disagree, based on other evidence which clearly you are not even aware of.

>>> Hahaha! It was others who choose to believe in and look for lost mines who attacked me for claiming truthfully that I know where there are billions worth of gold.

Chlsbrns also wrote

So what is preventing YOU from going out to any or all of your yellow-pin-pointed spots, and mining out billions in gold?

>>> I already answered that question. Go look, try to not ignore my reply and try to not assume. Read my reply one word at a time and maybe you will comprehend what you read.

Chlsbrns also wrote

You have assumed that the LDM must be within the boundaries of the Wilderness Area, which I do not believe to be the case. However if I did find it within the Wilderness Area, I would enlist the aid of an attorney and attempt to get legal rights. You are certainly free to stay home and not have to be concerned.

>>>Yes you already stated that you would get a lawyer. I did mention that multiple times in my last reply. Good luck with the lawyer! He will surely take your money and you will not be able to mine. Why didn't you get the lawyer & keep working the Mojave claim?

Chlsbrns also wrote

That is not a fact, it is your assertion; please provide proof that Waltz had a cousin, and that he murdered said cousin. I don't believe it happened but you are free to believe what ever you wish.

>>>It was a nephew not a cousin. It's even worse to kill a nephew! It is written in one of the books. It's like every other book. Not much can be verified so you can choose to believe or not believe. Search for killed and/or missing and/or never seen again, ect and it becomes obvious that people disappeared when Waltz was around. Sounds like a murderer to me!

murder.png murder-2.png

The Bible on the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine and Jacob Waltz: A Pioneer History ... - Helen Corbin - Google Books

Chlsbrns also wrote

First I am not convinced that every single claim you posted, is directly attributable to Jacob Waltz. Secondly, Waltz is known to have helped discover and develop several good gold mines in the Bradshaws - where there were numerous other mining claims and far less risk of anyone being a claim jumper as a result.

>>>They are from historical records. Like I've already stated you choose to believe what you want to believe and ignore what you do not want to believe. Me, I deal in facts! The fact is that Waltz filed numerous claims on numerous different locations. He didn't file on the so called lost mine because you can file claims on gold obtained from theft and murder

<snip>
<I wrote earlier>
Dr Walker did not know Waltz as far as I know, can you show some evidence that they knew each other?

and Chlsbrns replied

Can you tell us where you read it? Yes quite a few things are verifiable, but you should do your own research and not trust what you see on the internet.

Chlsbrns also wrote

Good for you - you will be more comfortable east of the Mississippi. I did not make any assumption either amigo, I simply asked you how much boots-on-the-ground time you had spent? You still have not answered that so I will presume it is not very much. Have you ever done any prospecting in the western states?

>>>Do you comprehend anything that you read? I said the opposite of what you comprehended.

Chlsbrns also wrote

I don't understand why you have your hostile, aggressive attitude in every thread you appear in, and am tired of wasting time trying to talk to you. OK we got it, you don't believe in any lost mines, they are all bunk for you - great for you - so stick to those known mines, or stay home, very simple. :thumbsup:

>>>Are you on meds? I'm not hostile I get annoyed when I have to constantly repeat myself.

Is this hostile to you:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/386068-one-ounce-nugget.html

Chlsbrns also wrote

More sweeping statements and accusations - and it is you making the assumptions again. I can guarantee that you can not get a deal with every claim owner. Can you make a deal with me? I own several very good gold mines in CA. What is your offer?

>>> Here we go again! Go back & read what I said. Read one word at a time and try to comprehend. Do you have someone with you that can explain what I've already said? If you had a claim and I knew there was a rich vein and you didn't know there was a rich vein or where it was located would you want to deal with me?

Chlsbrns also wrote

With your attitude, why would I try to prove anything to you?

<snip>

Chlsbrns also wrote

Great locations in North Dakota? That is a new one for me, unless you are talking about oil, which is beyond my interest.

>>> I figured it would be news to you but now I'm confused. It's news to you or as you stated below: "I too know some great locations in South Dakota, but am not going to post it on here as I am interested in them myself.

Where did I say that my lawyer "couldn't get me permission"? I have never said that - more assumptions on your part. I too know some great locations in South Dakota, but am not going to post it on here as I am interested in them myself.

>>>You didn't say that your lawyer couldn't get you permission you said that you could no longer work the claim because of a law. Understand?? If you think that your lawyer could get you permission to mine in the Superstitions then why didn't you get the lawyer to get you permission to mine the Mojave?

(You said:"I made a living at our small mine in the Mojave desert for a couple of years and if not for the Desert Protection Act would probably be there right now"

Chlsbrns also wrote

Signing my name to your posts now too? I saw your post BTW, but clearly you have not ever tried to cut a deal with a large mining company

>>> Who said anything about me cutting a deal with a mining company? I am interested in helping Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp. I don't need a mining company and wouldn't even try to cut a deal with one.

Either way I am not going to spend any more time on you.

>>> THANKS! I don't want to waste any more of my time repeating myself over and over until you comprehend!
Happy thanksgiving to you all,
Roy
<yep that is ME! :tongue3:>

... I have a headache.

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
... I would suggest that you look into the many threads on T-net which are focused on simple prospecting in known gold producing areas ...

Forget that old-fashioned land-based jackass prospecting! It's so passe. Join the new rush to unexplored mineral territory. OK, setting the claim corners is a little more difficult, but you can scuba dive in the morning and surf in the afternoon - New Millenium prospecting. Here's a new high-grade project with 8% copper and 6 gram/ton gold.
Nautilus Minerals Inc. - Solwara 1 Project – High Grade Copper and Gold - Wed Nov 27, 2013

SOLWARA-img1.jpg

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Chlsbrns,

You wrote: [>>>They are from historical records. Like I've already stated you choose to believe what you want to believe and ignore what you do not want to believe. Me, I deal in facts! The fact is that Waltz filed numerous claims on numerous different locations. He didn't file on the so called lost mine because you can file claims on gold obtained from theft and murder]

There is nothing in the above quote that is factual. Not even Bob Corbin would use Helen's book as a source for facts. Through no fault of her own, Helen's book is full of fictitious facts.

Helen passed away in Jan. of 2007, and I was told, by Matthew Roberts that she was ill and being rushed by her publisher for completion of "The Bible.....". Matthew can correct me if I am remembering that wrong.

If Bob would not use that book for a source, I wouldn't either. You can believe what you want to.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Chlsbrns,

You wrote: [>>>They are from historical records. Like I've already stated you choose to believe what you want to believe and ignore what you do not want to believe. Me, I deal in facts! The fact is that Waltz filed numerous claims on numerous different locations. He didn't file on the so called lost mine because you can file claims on gold obtained from theft and murder]

There is nothing in the above quote that is factual. Not even Bob Corbin would use Helen's book as a source for facts. Through no fault of her own, Helen's book is full of fictitious facts.

Are you oroblanco? Or is it that you can't comprehend what you read and assume things like oroblanco?

What I said was: "It is written in one of the books. It's like every other book. Not much can be verified so you can choose to believe or not believe."

As far as the filed claims it is a fact that they are in historical records.

Where did I say that I got my "facts" from Helens Book or any other book about a lost mine story?

"Helen's book is full of fictitious facts" ?? That's an oxymoron. It's either fictitious or a fact but can't be both. Who says her claims are fictitious? Another "STORY" writer in another book? Or you are capable of traveling back in time and know the facts?

There are stories out there that Waltz brought salt into the LDM to give to ant people who lived in the mines. He traded the salt for gold. Like I said If: "It is written in one of the books. It's like every other book. Not much can be verified so you can choose to believe or not believe."

AZGS Document Repository | document archiving, management and discovery

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chlsbrns

Perhaps this section of the Forum may be to your liking Gold Prospecting Forum
since you are adamant that lost mines do not exist and those of us who believe in them are fools who are unable to understand what you are writing. Of course my understanding of what you are writing gives me the impression the above suggestion would be correct.

To All
Happy Thanksgiving

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Somero please don't put words in my mouth.

I do post in the Gold Prospecting Forum: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/386068-one-ounce-nugget.html

Some interesting info:

Kopavi told me that his grandmother had told him that his Great Great Grandfather, Jacob Waltz had lived with the Pima Indians at the Superstition Mountains. The Indians grew to trust the 64 year old Dutchman and since the Pima's were not allowed to enter the sacred entrances to the underground, they asked him to take sacks of salt to the underground people. Salt is scarce in the inner world and gold is not. Jacob in turn would receive sacks of gold as his reward.

The name "Karl Waltz" came from his Great Great Grandfather "Jacob Waltz" who, was from Holland. As I was also from Holland this became our bond. I learned that Jacob Waltz was well known to western history buffs as the "lost Dutchman," holder of the secret of The Lost Dutchman Mine in Arizona's Superstition Mountains. I will go into this in detail in my upcoming book "Kopavi," but in 1875 at the age of 65, Jacob married a 16 year old Hopi girl who was named -- because of her light complexion and blue eyes -- MUHA, the "Fire One."

Dennis: So the "Lost Dutchman Mine" never existed?

Hank: That's right. It's actually an entrance to the inner lands and, as I learned later, just one of many entrances found around the world. I also was amazed to learn that Kopavi was actually from the underground city of PALATKWAPI.

One day Kopavi asked if I'd like to actually see an entrance to the
underground... I was thrilled.

[Note: the Hopis, and Cherokee believe that the Pueblo Indians had in the most ancient times taken up residence within an underground 'cavern' world and after a long period of time emerged once again onto the surface. Some say that reptilian humanoids drove them to the surface, other versions state that some of the underground Hopi turned to practicing sorcery and made things bad for the rest, while other versions state that an underground 'flood' forced them to seek refuge topside. Some versions say that they emerged through a cavern, other through a mound, and still other versions state that the portal of emergence, the sipapu or sipapuni, lies hidden under a pool of yellowish water. Most of the Hopi versions however agree with the LOCATION of the sipapu...

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somero please don't put words in my mouth.

I do post in the Gold Prospecting Forum: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/386068-one-ounce-nugget.html

Some interesting info:

Kopavi told me that his grandmother had told him that his Great Great Grandfather, Jacob Waltz had lived with the Pima Indians at the Superstition Mountains. The Indians grew to trust the 64 year old Dutchman and since the Pima's were not allowed to enter the sacred entrances to the underground, they asked him to take sacks of salt to the underground people. Salt is scarce in the inner world and gold is not. Jacob in turn would receive sacks of gold as his reward.

The name "Karl Waltz" came from his Great Great Grandfather "Jacob Waltz" who, was from Holland. As I was also from Holland this became our bond. I learned that Jacob Waltz was well known to western history buffs as the "lost Dutchman," holder of the secret of The Lost Dutchman Mine in Arizona's Superstition Mountains. I will go into this in detail in my upcoming book "Kopavi," but in 1875 at the age of 65, Jacob married a 16 year old Hopi girl who was named -- because of her light complexion and blue eyes -- MUHA, the "Fire One."

Hank: That's right. It's actually an entrance to the inner lands and, as I learned later, just one of many entrances found around the world. I also was amazed to learn that Kopavi was actually from the underground city of PALATKWAPI.

[Note: the Hopis, and Cherokee believe that the Pueblo Indians had in the most ancient times taken up residence within an underground 'cavern' world and after a long period of time emerged once again onto the surface. Some say that reptilian humanoids drove them to the surface, other versions state that some of the underground Hopi turned to practicing sorcery and made things bad for the rest, while other versions state that an underground 'flood' forced them to seek refuge topside. Some versions say that they emerged through a cavern, other through a mound, and still other versions state that the portal of emergence, the sipapu or sipapuni, lies hidden under a pool of yellowish water. Most of the Hopi versions however agree with the LOCATION of the sipapu...

I really don't see where I am "Putting words in your mouth" just kindly showing you the "Door." So you can keep your interesting "facts" like the ones above, with Tuscon Artifacts in the land of OZ.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Are you oroblanco? Or is it that you can't comprehend what you read and assume things like oroblanco?

What I said was: "It is written in one of the books. It's like every other book. Not much can be verified so you can choose to believe or not believe."

As far as the filed claims it is a fact that they are in historical records.

Where did I say that I got my "facts" from Helens Book or any other book about a lost mine story?

"Helen's book is full of fictitious facts" ?? That's an oxymoron. It's either fictitious or a fact but can't be both. Who says her claims are fictitious? Another "STORY" writer in another book? Or you are capable of traveling back in time and know the facts?

There are stories out there that Waltz brought salt into the LDM to give to ant people who lived in the mines. He traded the salt for gold. Like I said If: "It is written in one of the books. It's like every other book. Not much can be verified so you can choose to believe or not believe."

AZGS Document Repository | document archiving, management and discovery

Chlsbbrns,

It would seem that you are correct, and that no one, including myself, can understand what you write. It did seem to me, that you were using Helen's book to back up your "facts". :dontknow: My mistake.

Joe Ribaudo

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some interesting info:

Funny how a Native American Story that was probably created to keep children and fools from traveling into a dangerous place become "Facts" in a book. Here is another example of some folklore to make children behave.

Coco (folklore) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok so it's ok to criticize other peoples beliefs but not ok to criticize your beliefs?

Ask the Hopi Indians about ant people & snake people. There is a whole lot of evidence that they existed. Many more "facts" than there are on the LDM. Cave drawings, ect.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hop...vYHYAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAA&biw=1440&bih=718&dpr=1

Native American Indian Legends - Tokpa, The Second World - Hopi

https://www.google.com/search?q=ind...718#q=hopi+ant+snake+people&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

Kind of a double standard?

Hey, maybe that why Waltz didn't file a claim on the "lost" mine. It was occupied!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread