The lost treasure of David Marteen

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm local in CT (near East Granby) and ready to help look for the treasure! Have shovel, will dig. :)
Hello chasingthedream!
Welcome to the "Show"!
I went back and reviewed my post #9 here.
Today when one says he will bring a "Shovel" to search for treasure...We all hope it is an "Excavator".

Excavators-336EL-1.jpg

amgrunt69

Feb 17, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is cool. My question is why did the guy find the rocks and not the treasure.
There were multiple sites. He located several but the locations made it impossible for him , he was old, infirm, and subsequently died

LadyLooking

Feb 14, 2024
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE, Garrett Pro, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello - I am a resident of East Granby and I have been reading as much as I can about this lost treasure. I actually live behind the prison, I can see it from my kitchen window. I walk the fields daily with my dog and follow the old stone walls in various directions. Aside from some old glass bottles and a few old wagon hitches, I haven't found much on my excursions but now want to commit some time and research to this topic.

While the search area between the salmon brook river and the prison is a couple miles, I believe I may have found a likely path. I read on some older posts that some people have pulled together maps. I would love to share mine as well. Interested in collaborating - there is plenty of gold to go around if we figure this out!

Feb 21, 2024
Texas
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean as to the current topic: caches ? Or fumble-fingers too ? Found tons of old coins . Oldest is 1740s & 1750s, which is OLD for CA . And thousands of silver coins, 15 gold coins, etc.. But those are all fumble fingers individual coins. From stage stops, parks, beach-storm erosion, old town demolitions, etc...

If you meant caches: I've found several "tame" ones (commissioned by next of kins). And been a part of one where jars containing about 1000 silver coins had been broken open by a tractor/plow, and scattered over an acre or two.

But as for the legend-caliber of caches: Nope, never found a legend one. Nor has anyone else to my knowledge.

There's occasional caches found in the Today's find section and on banner. But then consider the entire subsection of T'net, where all the legend ones are listed. And go down that list and ask yourself "how many of them have been found?". If they're so true, then ........ you eventually have to ask yourself: Where's the goods ? Why are md'rs so eager for show & tell here (sometimes very valuable finds), why is one that resulted from a legend never appearing ?

If you really want to find a cache, just get a 2-box unit (like a TM-808), and hit ghost towns, cellar holes, etc... They only find objects soda-can sized and larger.
If it’s buried in the ground, I can find it from 50 miles just need a plane ticket. I have the equipment no matter how deep it is I can read it.

Feb 21, 2024
Texas
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it’s buried in the ground, I can find it from 50 miles just need a plane ticket. I have the equipment no matter how deep it is I can read it.
It says I’m a newbie, but that’s not true. I was with this TreasureNet.com almost from the beginning I just dropped out for a while until I perfected what I have now and nobody has what I have. It works contact me.

LadyLooking

Feb 14, 2024
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday amigos

I suggest if you want to make a worth while productive search then you need find out out of this Spanish galleon existed to begin with?

Crow
I have done quite a bit of research - and I would love to get back in touch with @mrs.k but she has not responded to my messages about seeing the pictuers of the stones that she has in her possession

LadyLooking

Feb 14, 2024
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you be able to find it from 50 miles???!!?! Sorry - newer here and wondering if I am missing something. I am assuming it is burired pretty deep, maybe even under one of the stone wall paths that I walk.

Feb 21, 2024
Texas
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you be able to find it from 50 miles???!!?! Sorry - newer here and wondering if I am missing something. I am assuming it is burired pretty deep, maybe even under one of the stone wall paths that I walk.
My instrument works on the negative fields of the earth , the larger, the target, the father, I can read it, depth is not a problem I can estimate the depth once I get on top of the target, Stone, walls, concrete, nothing stops the target from sending to lines out of the ground, there’s a north line and a south line, for example if it’s $25,000 in gold or silver buried in the ground, I can estimate how far away it is from how far apart those two lines are at my location, you can see what I do on Josh Gates, expeditions unknown Juan Gomez, Casarella, the pirate it just aired again for the second time February 2, 2024

Chels89

Mar 23, 2024
Hello - I am a resident of East Granby and I have been reading as much as I can about this lost treasure. I actually live behind the prison, I can see it from my kitchen window. I walk the fields daily with my dog and follow the old stone walls in various directions. Aside from some old glass bottles and a few old wagon hitches, I haven't found much on my excursions but now want to commit some time and research to this topic.

While the search area between the salmon brook river and the prison is a couple miles, I believe I may have found a likely path. I read on some older posts that some people have pulled together maps. I would love to share mine as well. Interested in collaborating - there is plenty of gold to go around if we figure this out!
Hello! My friend and I are also looking for the Salmon Brook treasure. 😊 We only know what is found on the internet really, but we have done some digging in the library and on area history. We were trying to locate a picture or descriptive note of the gold coins supposedly found to see if they were legitimate. Maybe we can connect sometime!

Feb 21, 2024
Texas
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! My friend and I are also looking for the Salmon Brook treasure. 😊 We only know what is found on the internet really, but we have done some digging in the library and on area history. We were trying to locate a picture or descriptive note of the gold coins supposedly found to see if they were legitimate. Maybe we can connect sometime!

Feb 21, 2024
Texas
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a master dowser, but I am not like other dowsers, I have a very proprietary instrument, I can find this golden Treasure from miles away and go right to it. Here is what my abilities look like, look up, Josh Gates, expeditions expeditions, unknown season seven episode six , florida’s lost pirate, Juan Gomez, Casper the pirate contact me if you want to get together and find this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread