Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have something special, and they could lead to even more incredible discoveries!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should contact the whyda museum....they may have experts who can help you. You might have to drive the stones to them to examine. Just a suggestion of someone in the field of expertise your looking for thats close by. If I was close I would dive right in and try to help you...what a cool treasure hunt !!

Ms. K

Greenie
Apr 26, 2023
I think you should contact the whyda museum....they may have experts who can help you. You might have to drive the stones to them to examine. Just a suggestion of someone in the field of expertise your looking for thats close by. If I was close I would dive right in and try to help you...what a cool treasure hunt !!
2 and a half hours away... Might be worth the trip. I didn't see his name on the big rock. I had a friend in CT. Who was always talking about pirates. I guess he was right. Lol

Ms. K

Greenie
Apr 26, 2023
2 and a half hours away... Might be worth the trip. I didn't see his name on the big rock. I had a friend in CT. Who was always talking about pirates. I guess he was right. Lol
I saw an antique appraiser for some other stuff the other day, I showed her a pic of rock and her interest peaked mine. Sorry if I'm babbling but its exciting. I just tried reading the big one. Not that easy to read a rock...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There a book called "buccaneers of america" it's fantastic and David Marleen was a major swashbuckling pirate.....his exploits are legendary.

amgrunt69

Feb 17, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I wanted to ask you about a rock I have. It has a story written all over it. My grandparents gave it to me, I tried reading it this morning and it has David Marteens name on it. I am intrigued.

Thank you,
Ms.K

amgrunt69

Feb 17, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly intrigues me. There were supposed to be some printed stones that Anthoney Riches found, but as he aged and m.oved quite a bit, he discarded some. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture, but you'd be better messaging me, I'll get an alert. Otherwise I'm only on here maybe once or twice a week

amgrunt69

Feb 17, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I didn't go back far enough on the thread. That stone looks as described in the material I started with. Although I know where the treasure is, that stone goes a long way to validating my find. The problem is getting it out. That really is a fantastic find. For me, too. I started working on this in 1990 and had located two sites by 1993. That stone is amazing !

Ms. K

Greenie
Apr 26, 2023
Oh, I didn't go back far enough on the thread. That stone looks as described in the material I started with. Although I know where the treasure is, that stone goes a long way to validating my find. The problem is getting it out. That really is a fantastic find. For me, too. I started working on this in 1990 and had located two sites by 1993. That stone is amazing !
I contacted a museum near me, I am waiting for his reply to see if he interested in seeing it. It's quite a mystery.

amgrunt69

Feb 17, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I contacted a museum near me, I am waiting for his reply to see if he interested in seeing it. It's quite a mystery.
You say your Grandfather did a lot of digging at work sites. I'll bet he did some work when they put the railroad through to East Granby .

amgrunt69

Feb 17, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These notes were attributed to Anthony Riches who discovered the stones. It was documented several times in the Hartford Courant and the Thompsonville newspapers. I have them all
IMG_20230502_160344333.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread