The mature stoner: why are so many seniors smoking weed?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.... Get a dab rig and enjoy vaping 1 tiny piece of wax, eat some too.
Some of the high of smoking is depriving your brain of oxygen..

Fat, you're not considering that this person has no experience with
weed/concentrates (at that level). IMO that would be a bad idea.

Crash, a Dab rig allows you to "vaporize" concentrated oil. IMO it's not
recommended, especially for a new smoker. I have a dab rig, and don't
use it any more as when I did use it I'd get sinus infections.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Pain relief?

I don't know about that = got no pain. But in my years in professional construction engineering = 67 projects in 29 states, regular drug tests, and then I retired....

NOMO drug tests!!! The first time I smoked pot was in Cambodia in 1970. And then I came home & worked for a living - did not "partake" until I retired from all that. Each and every day, I hide up this holler in my ancestral home with a kilometer long driveway isolating me the humanitie's masses - just took a couple puffs of my HOMEGROWN = won't be buying anymore. Pot got really expensive out there - I do watch around me.

My earlier statement "got no pain" might be significant. I'm 72 years old and have a bunch of "maladies" - but I am okay up here. Heartaches galore as old friends, Mom, and now my Brother Jim = I do grieve - ongoing at present = twas just last week when he passed.

I'm okay, got hurts for sure. Jim was just a week ago. Nobody left but me.

Don't wish to turn this thread in a abnormal direction - but, I just loaded my bowl and I'll sleep solidly to tonight.

Keep the faith! It's Deep out there.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat, you're not considering that this person has no experience with
weed/concentrates (at that level). IMO that would be a bad idea.

Crash, a Dab rig allows you to "vaporize" concentrated oil. IMO it's not
recommended, especially for a new smoker. I have a dab rig, and don't
use it any more as when I did use it I'd get sinus infections.
Not gonna use it,just wondered what it was.Thanks.Take away my coffee,fully leaded,and you,ll have a wild man on your hands. I can do without most anything else OK.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
..an electric nail is basically a soldering iron heat control box attached to a wrap on a glass bowl.
Set temp at 540 or so and drop in a piece of wax or shatter.
A collector is a simple device to catch the oil that didnt evaporate. I eat a little before bedtime..
I’ll make some pics in morning but I customized the whole thing to fit a yeti mug..

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..an electric nail is basically a soldering iron heat control box attached to a wrap on a glass bowl.
Set temp at 540 or so and drop in a piece of wax or shatter.
A collector is a simple device to catch the oil that didnt evaporate. I eat a little before bedtime..
I’ll make some pics in morning but I customized the whole thing to fit a yeti mug..
Ingenious,even stupendous one might say!!!

Reactions: Fat

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have edibles too. Don't like to smoke? Eat a candy bar!! Careful... it takes 1/2 hour + to feel the effects.
And the 3 dollar a gram stuff is OK. 5, 8, 10 or 15 dollar a gram product gets as high:laughing7: as 30%!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_8542.JPG

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'll have to wait for the Fed.'s to make it legal. When you go to purchase weed in some states you have to "sign up" and that gets you on a list. When you go to buy a gun, one of the questions is if you use drugs. I don't want the Fed.'s to come take my guns. I don't worry they will come and take my guns, I'm not near a gun nut but if you give them a legal reason they might.
A couple of years ago I had a part time live in boy friend staying with one of my customers. He was a vet who did contract security work in the Middle East. After a couple of years of that he went to Colorado. He was getting weed magazines. I told him his was the first weed mag. I'd seen since High Times like 20 years ago. He told me to take a look at the next one and I did flip through the pages between houses. It was mostly for buying equipment. Make no mistake, weed is a BIG business. I asked him if he was guarding the pot shops or the warehouses where they kept their cash. He said both. They were going to start a Credit Union. The weed people have boat loads of cash and no where to put it. Banks won't touch it, afraid the F.D.I.C. will throw them out.
I do think some of the CDB oils is a GREAT thing. That one little girl back east (N.J.?) who was having constant seizures, had taken every drug to stop it the Doctors knew of and nothing helped. They were going to induce a coma so the girl could rest. One dose of that oil stopped them.
my state, MO. has made med. pot legal. The state is going through the process of permitting growers and dispensary's.It will be more than a yr. before it's available. I will say I worry more about someone that's been drinking behind a wheel that some stoner. Good luck.
Seniors really weren't using when I lived in OR til May of 2018.

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have been worried about those "stoned drivers" for the past 60 years... because that is how long you have driving beside them.

Along with the drunk ones... But of course I am sure you noticed the drunk ones... as well as everyone else... due to the accidents.

But I bet ya didn't notice the stoned ones all these years or hear about them... due to the fact you DID NOT hear about any accidents.

Drinking and driving is illegal due to the carnage it has created in its wake.

The same cannot and will not be said against marijuana.

So to lump them together is short sighted IMO.

In other words...

Why would you worry now about either any more than you did ?
Police arrest people for marijuana driving impairment all of the time.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fat, what,s a dab rig?

Crash..this is a dab rig. The bowl is crystal, and using a small butane
torch you heat the bottom of the bowl til it's pretty much glowing, then,
you would get a small amount of oil on the end of a "dab stick" (basically a short steel rod), and then you'd "dab" that oil on the inside of the very hot bowl. The oil doesn't burn, it vaporizes while you are inhaling the vapors. Decent quality concentration (oil) will run about $40 gr.

dab rig.JPG

And yes, it will make you cough a lot. It will also get you stoned. A lot.
fly.gif

In the world of alcohol it would be like comparing a beer to moonshine.
JMHO, but not recommended for new users.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread