The Offer

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Frank, streams do change course in time. Maybe you were right all along. You've already got the
agreement with the guy for a third cut so go back and check the lowest parts of the property.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, streams do change course in time. Maybe you were right all along. You've already got the
agreement with the guy for a third cut so go back and check the lowest parts of the property.

Along that line of thinking, those river course changes can often be seen in satellite photos.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Good shots guys, but the new location fits like a glove and not OJ's. I have the Ariel supplied by my 10% helper. This is in a valley and the creek has no where else to go. I will be heading up there early in the week. I think I can cover the creek area in a week. I will drop some info from my MH if my MI FI has coverage there. Frank...

500MH.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well this is it. One person guessed the correct cache, but I put them off by mentioning that the thread was about getting permission to hunt. I got permission to hunt two properties. One with a 1/3 split and one with50/50. The big problem I had was the story hinged on a carving on a tree and this property was logger about 10 years ago. There were several large holes that were not natural and a huge stone with several holes dug under it.

The offer  1.jpg

Last edited:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
There is an upside to this. Ask Blue. He had a nice long trip and sat in the co-pilot seat. If he could talk, he may tell you to get moving on the next treasure trip.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing with us and not leaving us hang. Your partner and yourself put this lead to rest. I respect that effort and follow through.:weee:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The fact that other people dug on this site means that you may have been at the right area. Just because they dug does not mean that they found the treasure. I know from past experiences that it is possible that whoever dug before may have been guessing or using a means of detection that was not accurate. It is also possible that they did not dig deep enough. Do not give up to easily. Think about it some more. Anything is possible. Good luck with whatever you decide.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The fact that other people dug on this site means that you may have been at the right area... I know from past experiences that it is possible that whoever dug before may have been guessing or using a means of detection that was not accurate. It is also possible that they did not dig deep enough. Do not give up to easily...
Like using a dowser or two guys with a LRL rig,and its always two more feet down.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD, Im sure Frankn dug deep enough. He knows how to use a metal detector, and im sure he checked every hole.

Sorry to hear your giving up so soon, any chance of taking another shot at it? The hardest work has been done already.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Like using a dowser or two guys with a LRL rig,and its always two more feet down.

Exactly. At least I am not afraid of being wrong. ECS-What is your success rate? I doubt that you actually go out and dig. It is hard to work a shovel with your nose buried in a book.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BDD, Im sure Frankn dug deep enough. He knows how to use a metal detector, and im sure he checked every hole.

Sorry to hear your giving up so soon, any chance of taking another shot at it? The hardest work has been done already.

I didn't read where Frankn said he had dug. Did I imply that he did not know how to use a metal detector? maipenrai-You need to have an attitude check. What you are saying in your second sentence is not much different than what I suggested. Of course coming from you it is much better advice.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Exactly. At least I am not afraid of being wrong. ECS-What is your success rate? I doubt that you actually go out and dig. It is hard to work a shovel with your nose buried in a book.
I believe I have already covered this on another thread.
Please share your success rate,BDD.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
maipenrai-This thread is not yours to moderate. It sounds like Frankn has given up. ECS-I believe I have already covered this on another thread.

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, maybe BDD wants to partner up with Frank for an episode of "Big Dog Digs Holes". Don't know about Frank but I know Blue isn't camera shy.
V

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
There's only one way to know. Get Dog's LRL guys to tell you if the treasure WAS there before it
was dug up.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Let me enumerate! The location marker was initials, GB>, carved in a tree with an arrow pointing the way to a hill.
The property had been logger about 10 years ago. All that left for me was a 2 Box run on holes, stone piles, large rocks and anything I could makeout that would make a good marker. The place is 10 acres, but I worked off the creek because that is where he camped.
I spent 2 long days, it was 89, the area along the creek was swamp, and next to that was a 30 degree mountain side. The bugs were in swarms. there were copperheads and rattlers there. I ran out of logical targets to detect and faced reality. The odds were starting to look like the powerball. The realist in me called it off. Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg Blue 1212.jpg yep, I loved it all but the bugs. Blue

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn

Keep Blue in your truck so he does not get bit by snakes.

He actually only goes out when I am with him. He found a black snake on my farm and they stood face to face. Every time he moved in closer to get a good sniff, the snake would strike but he was faster than the snake with his retreat. He probably comes close to mongoose speed. Pit Bulls are strong and fast.
No I don't let him out in poison snake country except on lead. Frank...

Blue 1212.jpg You mean those slow coiley things? lol Blue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread