Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco said:
Ellie Baba wrote
Any of you guys ready for this kind of excitement and I will take you to the places where I have been warned numerous times to stay away.

You should get in touch with our friend and member Captain Bill, he has been looking for such adventures.
:icon_thumleft:

Hey Ellie - I may not agree with the many shadow markers and other signs you believe exist out there, but one thing I do enjoy is a good adventure!!! Maybe on one of my next trips out to AZ next year?

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hi Group,

Would be glad to have you out Cubfan. I do not know Captain Bill so I will look for one of his posts and contact him.
The good thing SWR is that I do not have anything to sell, you can't buy it. Everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe and I will never fault a person of being ignorant. That is why I post my experiences and knowledge on these pages.
I will defend my friends SWR and to call people Sissy's and scarred little school girls sizes up your manhood and I challenge you to put your money where your mouth should be... I am not offended at your remarks personally and would welcome you in our camp anytime. A week or two in the Supers and we will all know what you are made of my Friend.

Sincerely,

EB

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from anything else - any stories or whatever - wandering in a place like the Supers is always a dangerous endeavor. People have been killed just because someone thought that someone else had a map, or a clue, or whatever. (real or imagined). I dare say that the old Dutchman knew this very well.

Not to mention just being in the desert, which has its own issues.

Most treasure hunters (experienced, I mean) are far from sissified, and know their vulnerabilities - and, I dare say, don't need an expert sniper to cover their butts. And I would question the motives of anyone who said they would show me all these things, but with a "sniper" on hand.

There might be a major reason to be chased out of a place - like you are on someone else's land or claim - a problem we are well acquainted with.

B

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
B wrote,

Most treasure hunters (experienced, I mean) are far from sissified, and know their vulnerabilities - and, I dare say, don't need an expert sniper to cover their butts. And I would question the motives of anyone who said they would show me all these things, but with a "sniper" on hand.
We never had to use a sniper in the past and never actually thought about it. We always carried our side arms for protection as just about every desert wandering Arizonan does. There are four legged varmints and two legged ones also. When you start looking in areas that you are not supposed to be poking around in you will normally find one to three signs indicating danger, blood or death. These signs are put in plain sight so you will find them, understand them and get the heck out and do not come back. We were pushing the envelope on numerous occasions to see if we could call their bluff. It is very rare to find treasure sign carved in trees of the desert because most of these desert varieties are easily destroyed by wind, gully washers and fire. We found a super nice example carved in an old mulberry (?) and we were looking for this clue for days. We had found a turkey track on an adjacent hill to the east, but could not find the directional marker after driving all over the place. HBB kept telling us to open our eyes; the marker had to be here nearby. We walked up under the tree for shade and while taking a swig of water Bob noticed the carving which depicted the road we were on, the turkey track and the letter “W”. The sign was reversed, but we still had to go west and after walking about 500 feet we looked to the west and found the keyhole up on the side of a large hill with an outcropping sticking up and a hole was made near its center. We climbed up this hill and looked through the hole and nothing came into view. Bob was sitting on a rock and remembered the reversed image and shouted up to us to look through it from the other side which we did. There was a large boulder in the sight hole and we all walked down to take a closer look at the boulder. We turned on the metal detector and Bob found a long metal file with a number of notches filed into it and it was pointing back to the west. We were within 500 feet of the cache and we were so excited. We had to go as it was getting dark fast and we would come back tomorrow and set our sights on the goal. I was soon to find out that I had a more pressing business issue to deal with so Bob and Brian would have to return to the cache site without me.

That next day was helicopter, big Mofo with big gun with the final warning. Most treasure hunters will never get close enough to these protected caches because they are looking in the wrong places. Some of you understand what I am saying, some of you will soon put the pieces together and some of you cannot quite grasp the facts and will never see the light. So B, I can safely take anyone to these places and not encounter any trouble. They know who I am and they know Brewer and Brian. If I enter the area with mining equipment along with a metal detector I (and others within my company) may not be around this world much longer. You leave them alone and they will leave you alone. Brewer has known this fact for years and everyone wonders why he hasn't dug up a large cache or depository. Its politics my friends and you cannot take on the powers that be. That is why I stick to the shadow symbols, signs and the stone tablets; I get it boys, I can hear them laughing in the background along with some of you. So SWR, are you a member of any secret society?

Pleasant dreams Group,

EB

Nov 2, 2009
Wouldnt it make the most sense to post the "coordinates" of these "well guarded sights" so all who enter could avoid these unsafe places???????? If anyone knows of unsafe well guarded areas please post them in the name of humanity!

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN said:
Wouldn't it make the most sense to post the "coordinates" of these "well guarded sights" so all who enter could avoid these unsafe places???????? If anyone knows of unsafe well guarded areas please post them in the name of humanity!
If we were to do that we would let the cat out of the bag wouldn't we? Like I said you'll get a couple of visual warnings and then receive a threat if you get to close to a cache area. Just hang around a couple of days and look like you're a treasure hunter and if you find no signs of blood, death, etc. you are looking in the wrong place. If you are riding bikes, ATV's, or camping you will have nary a worry. Remember B's statement; "Most treasure hunters (experienced, I mean) are far from sissified, and know their vulnerabilities". You must know your vulnerabilities SFNM if you are to be a treasure hunter. I think that most treasure hunters consider this work as a hobby, I for one along with others consider treasure hunting as a profession. Especially for those of us that work in the field. You would have a better chance of coming across a rattler or sidewinder than stumbling upon a real treasure cache.

Have a good evening,

EB

Nov 2, 2009
"couple of visual warnings and then receive a threat " "YOU BETTER KILL ME RIGHT ONSITE OR YOUR GONNA HAVE A WAR" EITHER WAY ITS AUTOMATIC WAR IN THE RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE. "couple of visual warnings and then receive a threat " ITS ON BUDDY! IM YOUR WORST NIGHT MARE! AND IM NOT JUST SPEAKING FOR MY SELF ! IVE NEVER TOLERATED BULLIES!!!! AND ILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH TO PROOVE IT! YOU COULD EASILY AVOID BLOODSHED BY SIMPLY POSTING THE COORDINATES ITS YOUR CHOICE?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"couple of visual warnings and then receive a threat " "YOU BETTER KILL ME RIGHT ONSITE OR YOUR GONNA HAVE A WAR" EITHER WAY ITS AUTOMATIC WAR IN THE RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE. "couple of visual warnings and then receive a threat " ITS ON BUDDY! IM YOUR WORST NIGHT MARE! AND IM NOT JUST SPEAKING FOR MY SELF ! IVE NEVER TOLERATED BULLIES!!!! AND ILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH TO PROOVE IT! YOU COULD EASILY AVOID BLOODSHED BY SIMPLY POSTING THE COORDINATES ITS YOUR CHOICE?

:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

Not to worry, it's just that there's nothing going on over at Desert USA, so our friend is trying to stir up a little dust here. Eventually he will get insulted and run away.......again.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 2, 2009
I HAVE RIGHTS "IM AN AMERICAN" AND THIS IS "AMERICA" AND I DONT TAKE ANYONES BULLSHIT THREATS! HOWEVER ASK ME NICELY AND THATS A DIFFERENT STORY :sign13: :icon_sunny:.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Yes, I know. It's not easy being me, but then I'm sure it ain't easy being you either.

At least on this site, you can present your facts, I assume you have some, without having a heavy handed censor, of
low inteligence, delete them. It would be interesting to see you come out and try debating the facts......for once.

Let's discuss the Bilbrey Crosses over in that topic. :sign13:

Joe Ribaudo

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA amigos,

There are two sides to every story, and what may seem like "bullies" trying to muscle a treasure hunter away from some hidden loot, may seem like TRESPASSERS on private land or CLAIMJUMPERS on a Mining Claim to the other fellow, the one trying to chase the treasure hunter away. How would you like it if some guys were sneaking into your back yard to dig for treasures, which you do not believe exists? Some folks don't like it, and claimjumpers are pretty common today largely due to ignorance of the status of various mining claims and plain naivety on the part of many neophyte and hobby treasure hunters, prospectors and rockhounds. Lots of room for HUGE and dangerous mis-understandings. :o ::):'(

I think a lot of such misunderstandings would be avoided if we would take the time to educate newbies and amateurs in how to research current landowners, mining claim records, and what is and what is not allowed under the law. The info is out there (FREE) but most (if not all) new treasure hunters and prospectors do not have a clue about how to go about finding out where they can go searching. So they wander onto mining claims, cut fences into pastures and dig holes willy-nilly, and the landowner or mine owner reacts angrily - and we are set for another tale of treasure hunters being chased off at gunpoint.

Bottom line - find out whose land you are wanting to go searching on, ask permission, if they tell you NO honor that and look elsewhere (there are literally MILLIONS of acres of public lands to search) and check your BLM records for active Mining Claims. If it is State land, contact the state authorities covering mining claims and mineral leases to find out where you can go. No amount of treasure will do you one bit of good if you are shot dead in a heated argument with a landowner. :'( It ain't the 'wild west' amigos.

Good luck and good hunting, I hope you all find the treasures that you seek. :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Ellie Baba;
If SWR were a member of a secret society or a *clandestine organization* (I love using those two words), and if he told you that he was, then it would no longer be a secret, now would it? :-\
Your friend;
LAMAR

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
SWR said:
... "You leave them alone and they will leave you alone" is a rather cheesy excuse for not recovering "treasure"....

Assuming of course that the caches are 'lost'. 'Lost' - gee, how careless of them!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLUBFAN GUESS YOUVE NEVER HEARD OF SELF DEFENSE AGAINST BULLIES YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME IT BUILDS CHARACTER!

I have no problem standing up against a bully when it's directed at me, my :icon_scratch: comment was due to your seeming to be challenging Ellie and getting in his face when his post had nothing to do with him personally issuing you a threat.

Anyways - let's get back to the thread topic shall we?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread