the priest map or witch map

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hal was banned a while back...

I saw where someone (Deducer?) had said something about a suspension, didn't realize Hal was banned altogether.

Like some other highly intelligent people, Hal exhibited a heightened 'sensitivity' of right and wrong or maybe a 'personalized sense of righteousness' (if that's a correct way of wording it?). I think that can sometimes get in their way of interacting with others.
A man like Hal can (and did) add a lot to a forum like this, and to the understanding of history as a whole.
I'm sure he will do excellent work where ever he is, wish it could have remained here as well.
Hal's a good person with exceptional skills. Our loss.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey moderators ! Stop Hal Croves time out . I believe two months are enough if not too much . ???

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I saw where someone (Deducer?) had said something about a suspension, didn't realize Hal was banned altogether.

Like some other highly intelligent people, Hal exhibited a heightened 'sensitivity' of right and wrong or maybe a 'personalized sense of righteousness' (if that's a correct way of wording it?). I think that can sometimes get in their way of interacting with others.
A man like Hal can (and did) add a lot to a forum like this, and to the understanding of history as a whole.
I'm sure he will do excellent work where ever he is, wish it could have remained here as well.
Hal's a good person with exceptional skills. Our loss.

usually a ban is only 3 months...i ought to know..i've been banned a few times...lol

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually a ban is only 3 months...i ought to know..i've been banned a few times...lol

OK thanks Dave, hope that's all it is.

(Can't imagine a quiet reserved guy like yourself ever being banned. ;) )

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earnie, I haven't been banned (yet). But I have screeched right up to the line a few times. <g>

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been banned quit a bit, Most likely well deserved but they let you back on!

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I had some pictures of the largest death trap I've ever seen. I lost the SD card with those photo's on it. Basically, It triggers a backed up pile of boulders that extends up a small rock crevice that expands as it goes. The lightening Heart was a flat stone shaped as a heart and cracked right down the middle in a lightening staggered break. I found another one once but failed to photograph it. That one was in line with one of the lost leader prospects I assume was also booby trapped at one point in the time before it was tripped. I''l need to get there and take more snap shots. I do have a photo somewhere of a "Gottcha" Boulder like so many have written about. It even looks just as they depict it. It has a faded Lightening Heart symbol on it. I've never tripped it over on myself. All of what I speak are not very far from my door step.

The truth of the matter is if you find the death trap your taking the hard way into the chamber. Or being mislead to the wrong location. The easy way is always hidden very well.

View attachment 1390420 View attachment 1390421 View attachment 1390422 View attachment 1390426

Hey Bill

That last one looks familiar to me was that taken in the Catalina's

Wrmickel1

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snipped quote: Hal exhibited a heightened 'sensitivity' of right and wrong or maybe a 'personalized sense of righteousness' (if that's a correct way of wording it?). I think that can sometimes get in their way of interacting with others. .............

I agree Hal did, and I'm sure will again, add much to the forum. He's one of my favorite sparing partners. Dang it.

But Earnie, I did want to touch on this " personalized sense of righteousness" thing. I take it you are also alluding to recent events with me?

My "troubles" of late are based on slights, not to me, (although there have been several meant as direct hits) or to any young associate I may have. But rather to wrongs to those I consider a protected class. If you are over the age of 90 I consider you a protected class. Especially if you are a veteran of several wars and put your life on the line to save mine. I know this "particular" gentleman that comes to mind does not need my protection, he's very capable of taking care of himself. He does however have my respect and I honor his service. I don't take lightly unspeakable barbs aimed at him and his family. Not even in jest, which this incident was not in jest.

As to I "repeatedly mention vicious attacks". In the same light as the above, I don't take lightly the shameful use of a 90+ gentle and frail lady with the onset of (apparently) Alzheimer's as "a solid credible witness" to substantiate an ASSUMPTION for the sake of a juicey post. When the "interrogator" knew fore well she would have said yes to seeing the Easter Bunny in her kitchen if asked. And its especially unforgivable when that lady is lumped in with a group of folks who's intentions are classified as "fame seeking". What was implied may be true, in part and in a completely different context, but its by substantiation from "other" sources and data. Those circumstances and sources involved paint a much more full and wide ranging picture than the narrow tid bit conveyed to you.

If that's considered a personalized sense of righteousness, then I'm guilty. I will defend that with my dying breath. And; if anyone here feels differently then we DO look at manners, respect and basic civility in a different light....Light years apart.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I respect all Old,

And been on the path to 90 all my life, But time respects no one and what lifts up must fall, and all must claim there Crumbling walls!

But the bottom line is Manners on both sides, Some need taught them all there lives.

Wrmickel1

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bill

That last one looks familiar to me was that taken in the Catalina's

Wrmickel1

Santa Rita's

Actually, there is one from the Catalina's and two from the Santa Rita's. One of those would be between the Rincon's and the Cat's. One is from my old mine claim in the Rita's. The Rita ones are north and west of the mountains and the Cat ones are both east of the main range. Lots of old Spanish Mining activity in both places.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was banned for life when a certain person was a moderator back years ago. He had personal vendetta's against a few. I snuck in the back door when he was no longer in charge right under his nose!

I've been sneaking around here ever since. Please don't tell anyone...the back door has no floor and it's muddy!

I hope old Hal finds that muddy hole back in here soon. I don't think he appreciates mud though..

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I agree Hal did, and I'm sure will again, add much to the forum. He's one of my favorite sparing partners. Dang it.

But Earnie, I did want to touch on this " personalized sense of righteousness" thing. I take it you are also alluding to recent events with me?

My "troubles" of late are based on slights, not to me, (although there have been several meant as direct hits) or to any young associate I may have. But rather to wrongs to those I consider a protected class. If you are over the age of 90 I consider you a protected class. Especially if you are a veteran of several wars and put your life on the line to save mine. I know this "particular" gentleman that comes to mind does not need my protection, he's very capable of taking care of himself. He does however have my respect and I honor his service. I don't take lightly unspeakable barbs aimed at him and his family. Not even in jest, which this incident was not in jest.

As to I "repeatedly mention vicious attacks". In the same light as the above, I don't take lightly the shameful use of a 90+ gentle and frail lady with the onset of (apparently) Alzheimer's as "a solid credible witness" to substantiate an ASSUMPTION for the sake of a juicey post. When the "interrogator" knew fore well she would have said yes to seeing the Easter Bunny in her kitchen if asked. And its especially unforgivable when that lady is lumped in with a group of folks who's intentions are classified as "fame seeking". What was implied may be true, in part and in a completely different context, but its by substantiation from "other" sources and data. Those circumstances and sources involved paint a much more full and wide ranging picture than the narrow tid bit conveyed to you.

If that's considered a personalized sense of righteousness, then I'm guilty. I will defend that with my dying breath. And; if anyone here feels differently then we DO look at manners, respect and basic civility in a different light....Light years apart.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

apparently some people were never taught respect for your elders

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"But Earnie, I did want to touch on this " personalized sense of righteousness" thing. I take it you are also alluding to recent events with me?" Old

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! No Old, I was NOT alluding to you or anyone else.
I knew those were the wrong words to use, I should have reworded my thoughts.

My meaning is that I've found (and not referring to any others in particular here) that sometimes people who are 'above average in intellect' can have a hyper sensitivity to what they believe to be 'slights' are 'wrongs', even those to others besides themselves.
I don't mean this as any kind of insult at all. They hold very strong to their sense of what is right, nothing wrong with that.
Hal's always been very generous here on TN sharing his knowledge with others. He has reached back many times to help a plodding guy like me to keep up.

[EDIT]

Just went back and reread your comment Old, I made my above response before I had finished reading your post through entirely.
Yes, as you stated some people were needlessly insulted (not by me, for any new readers). I understand completely some of what you have stated. Some of the other comments I must have missed in previous posts, don't know what you were referring to about that (didn't involve me, new readers ).

Old, you obviously do exhibit that tendency to have a higher sense of right and wrong (even to others). So by my previous definition I think we know where your intellect lies. ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No harm intended Earnie and none held against you. Clarity is a good thing all around. Apparently I've been lacking in that, ......maybe. Under this new leaf I've turned, I'm going to be seeking clarity and hope to provide it as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread