the priest map or witch map

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know the rules of this forum and i think everybody knows what i wanna tell

i will see him (maybe) face to face and thats the only thing that matters.

Now , this sounds like you are ready for a fight . But ... " deals " via internet are not a written contract . First , you have to give out a " small " spot to try the faith and fidelity of your " internet partner " and if the results satisfied your expectations , then you can go to the next " high " level . I have " bought " many with this tactic .

The shaft from Walter Perrine story is vertical about 30 feet deep . But there is not a cave , but is a tunnel ( hallway )which has some rooms ( three ) along that hallway at the right hand .
But this story is only what had saw Walter's mother and is not the whole surveying of that facility . The reality is how there are two tunnels which have between them five rooms with gold and one with a water spring .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO , you can reach the trail heart region from few directions , but the LH region only in a single way . From a narrow and dangerous path .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That an underground storage facility might have at least one vertical, or steeply inclined entryway from above makes sense. Especially if larger, heavier, or more fragile items were to be included in such a cache. It would be much easier and safer to lower the objects down, rather than drag them in through a smaller horizontal tunnel of any greater length. Horizontal tunnels, adequate for smaller and lighter individual loads, would on the other hand, be far less labor intensive to excavate and use for regular entry and egress.

I can't say for sure, but what I now have and am working with is more like an architectural + mechanical drawing, than a "map" per se. With one side as an "elevation view" that matches the immediate area that I am currently interested in. It shows two points of interest at the top, and at least two just above and below the mid point, all of which are identified by simple shapes of different sizes. The other side gives differing views (perspectives) of the direction,size and shape of the excavated areas. Each of these begin at one of the three points of interest (access points) and join up at the bottom in a much larger area. The larger area in turn, has four tunnels or rooms of varying size and shape off to one side.The "mechanical" part is opposite to what I believe is the lower entrance and seems to show (from the inside) a 2 piece slab floor, supported over a cavity below by a single wedge of rock (I assume), which also appears to be a "trigger" that reacts to additional pressure on the floor by rotating. The floor slabs, which appear to be bracing the vertical slabs of rock on one side would then fall, allowing the upright slabs to also fall on whoever set it off. The closest thing I've found to compare it to, is the string release mechanism for a medieval crossbow with the lever on top. I'm now wondering if the strange way that the priest is holding and pointing the long cross, with his thumb forward, does not in fact, allude to this ?

Marius: " the LH region only in a single way . From a narrow and dangerous path ."

What do you think this "narrow and dangerous path" could be ?

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know the rules of this forum and i think everybody knows what i wanna tell

i will see him (maybe) face to face and thats the only thing that matters.

Blackline, If you want to get to Hal you'll have to go through me first, and many others on here second.
If that's not what you meant or you're just kidding I apologize for my remarks.

Hal is a friend and a very smart individual. And, just to show you I mean what I say, I'll state one here when I'm going to the Pit Mine so anyone can be there if they so choose.

If you come in a group I carry more than one kind of instrument for protection. Usually a Trumpet for playing taps and a shovel for digging! I can, after all, dance quite well! So if and when you want a "Dance Off" it's on the menu! Oh, and Hal can dance too! Disco is our forte. You know, ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive, staying alive?

What about "I will survive"? Or, Night Fever?

Boogie Oogie Oogie I know um all baby ya!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, keep yer cotton picking hooks off of those boots.

Dead mans Boots?

I have a Dead Mans Gun? He was holding it when he was shot dead in the head! To take a mans last pair of Boots is just not right. At least leave something as a trade like some stone maps carved like a tombstone.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The narrow and dangerous path has always been over the death traps teetering boulders. The monuments are read by looking through the crevices for light signs or lightening hearts as a warning. Just like the Skull that leads there it shows danger. The first Deposit / Treasure I found has a inclined shaft that goes about 60 feet down that's where the target was found by VLF (25 khz). I'll take anyone to that location if they're a known Thunter and want to share the expenses of the next phase of exploration. Or if they have a GPR, Runabout or any deep seeking type of proven electronics.

I did find the next treasure site using those fake stone maps if that counts for anything at all they may not be that fake.

I've also interpreted the meaning as "This one foot path it is dangerous" which is a metaphor for walkers trail monuments.

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackline, If you want to get to Hal you'll have to go through me first, and many others on here second.

Hal is a friend and a very smart individual. And, just to show you I mean what I say, I'll state one here when I'm going to the Pit Mine so anyone can be there if they so choose.

If you come in a group I carry more than one kind of instrument for protection. Usually a Trumpet for playing taps and a shovel for digging! I can, after all, dance quite well! So if and when you want a "Dance Off" it's on the menu! Oh, and Hal can dance too! Disco is our forte. You know, ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive, staying alive?

Yep, hope Hal is just taking a short break and will soon return.
He's an exceptionally talented research guy and I've learned a great deal from reading his interesting posts.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

What do you think this "narrow and dangerous path" could be ?

A 30* inclined path situated on the side of a mountain cliff . This path is invisible from below and someone could see it only from the side of the mountain cliff . But I doubt how someone would recognize it as a path .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see , finally you did convince Hal to enter in your tent . :tongue3:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That an underground storage facility might have at least one vertical, or steeply inclined entryway from above makes sense. Especially if larger, heavier, or more fragile items were to be included in such a cache. It would be much easier and safer to lower the objects down, rather than drag them in through a smaller horizontal tunnel of any greater length. Horizontal tunnels, adequate for smaller and lighter individual loads, would on the other hand, be far less labor intensive to excavate and use for regular entry and egress.

I can't say for sure, but what I now have and am working with is more like an architectural + mechanical drawing, than a "map" per se. With one side as an "elevation view" that matches the immediate area that I am currently interested in. It shows two points of interest at the top, and at least two just above and below the mid point, all of which are identified by simple shapes of different sizes. The other side gives differing views (perspectives) of the direction,size and shape of the excavated areas. Each of these begin at one of the three points of interest (access points) and join up at the bottom in a much larger area. The larger area in turn, has four tunnels or rooms of varying size and shape off to one side.The "mechanical" part is opposite to what I believe is the lower entrance and seems to show (from the inside) a 2 piece slab floor, supported over a cavity below by a single wedge of rock (I assume), which also appears to be a "trigger" that reacts to additional pressure on the floor by rotating. The floor slabs, which appear to be bracing the vertical slabs of rock on one side would then fall, allowing the upright slabs to also fall on whoever set it off. The closest thing I've found to compare it to, is the string release mechanism for a medieval crossbow with the lever on top. I'm now wondering if the strange way that the priest is holding and pointing the long cross, with his thumb forward, does not in fact, allude to this ?

It's incredible isn't it? You read about booby traps and of course watch dozens of movies depicting booby traps, but when it's something that's real, that's actually there waiting for you, that's just mind-boggling.

Some interesting parallels:

Top 10 booby-trapped tombs

Emperor Quin Shi's deadly tomb

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's incredible isn't it? You read about booby traps and of course watch dozens of movies depicting booby traps, but when it's something that's real, that's actually there waiting for you, that's just mind-boggling.

Some interesting parallels:

Top 10 booby-trapped tombs

Emperor Quin Shi's deadly tomb

The Terra Cotta Army - only partially revealed - is very near or at the top of my see list.

I think the booby trap concept is little understood and vastly overstated vis-a-vis the western "treasure caches" that dominate treasure lore. Somehiker's project sounds interesting, but his veiled comments make it difficult to follow the story and visualize the stuff he talks about. If he has located what he feels is a major cache site, he is in a good position to confirm his suspicions, because IMO the caches (his site and others) are likely to be opened and recovered within the next year or three.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The normal dangers of entering old tunnels and/or caves is what I have always expected, even in this case.
I once teased BB about his claim that the LDM was booby trapped with jars of nitroglycerin, and a couple others who have made similar claims as well....believing their cases to be somewhat far-fetched from the get go. I've also read the books and seen the movies where sometimes elaborate death traps and even self-destruct sequences are triggered by the wrong choices or actions of either the good guys or the bad guys following close behind, and found them entertaining but not very credible. It was actually Frank's mention of something in the Tumlinson records about a death trap, which caused me to reconsider the mechanical part of the layout drawing I had already been working with as possibly depicting such a thing.
It makes more sense than what I previously had supposed it could be....an obstacle merely meant to make entry at the largest opening more difficult to an intruder, or at best to discourage entry in a somewhat benign manner. I'd best be prepared for either possibility via some means of getting video or photos of that area before going in myself. I'm thinking of rigging up a telescopic pole with a camera bracket, lights and wheel at the end, sorta selfie-stick style, for this purpose.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

A 30* inclined path situated on the side of a mountain cliff . This path is invisible from below and someone could see it only from the side of the mountain cliff . But I doubt how someone would recognize it as a path .

What would direct you to the place from which you could see this path ?
And how would you recognize it as such when you got to that point on the mountain cliff ?
Could heavy loads of valuables be transported via this route, along with the tools and manpower necessary for the work involved ?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would direct you to the place from which you could see this path ?
And how would you recognize it as such when you got to that point on the mountain cliff ?
Could heavy loads of valuables be transported via this route, along with the tools and manpower necessary for the work involved ?

Nothing would direct you to the place from you could see the path . Only the curiosity and the love for hiking , but if you don't know the region's significance , it would pass unobserved .
And yes , via this route could be transported loads and tools on backpacks .

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all of my yeas of THing,I have never run across a death trap. with the possible exception of once. only a huge treasure would warrant such an effort. However exercise sommon sense . Second, would any be still active after much time ? Ma Nature has a disconcerting habit of deactivating them. Most major Treasures are simply well hidden, their best protecion.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some pictures of the largest death trap I've ever seen. I lost the SD card with those photo's on it. Basically, It triggers a backed up pile of boulders that extends up a small rock crevice that expands as it goes. The lightening Heart was a flat stone shaped as a heart and cracked right down the middle in a lightening staggered break. I found another one once but failed to photograph it. That one was in line with one of the lost leader prospects I assume was also booby trapped at one point in the time before it was tripped. I''l need to get there and take more snap shots. I do have a photo somewhere of a "Gottcha" Boulder like so many have written about. It even looks just as they depict it. It has a faded Lightening Heart symbol on it. I've never tripped it over on myself. All of what I speak are not very far from my door step.

The truth of the matter is if you find the death trap your taking the hard way into the chamber. Or being mislead to the wrong location. The easy way is always hidden very well.

View attachment 1390420 View attachment 1390421 View attachment 1390422 View attachment 1390426

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gloria Pan mine is just that sort of a mine, you have to travel a narrow cliff trail to get to it. I found it but left it unopened, long story here where and why.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread