the priest map or witch map

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Looks nice, Kenworthy, I believe. I've posted similar profile heads on here with negative responses. People on here, and we won't name names, always tell me their "Not Buying it".

I'll tell you the same as they do me. I'm not buying it. Prove it's man made and "I'll buy it".

I like the Indian Head profile. Sell it to me!

Best,

Bill

Bill,

I took this picture myself. No one showed it to me, I simply found it. It looks like he is clasping his hands in prayer. I make no claims as to how it got there.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

I believe the praying Indian rock is at south end of Palomino Mt. on the Little Boulder side . You can see it looking north , north-west .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Joe

You haven't a comment on my guess ?

Good luck and Happy New Year !

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shh joe,he'll stop posting the Grick dancing gals -- diplomacy, as a matter of fact so have I, but the participation is the key

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, like sdc, I find it hard to Corelate the shadows with actual signs made by the spanish. To be useable those shadows need to be seen within a 15 minute time factor within a certain day of the year. This is not practical when with far less work they could use other systems that would be far more precise..

However I admit that I like youir thinking, out of the box confines as they say, keep it up, afterall, I am not privy to some spaniard's (Jesuit's ) thjinking,some may have just used your system. :coffee2::coffee2: early in the morning,

Here's the photo's of the Shadow Poodle. Kenworthy's books were the first I'd heard of the Royals using Poodles as a marker.

It could be a Spaniel or a Poodle.

Right next to it is a Free Masons upside down apron in shadow next to a Holy Grail Cup.

View attachment 1397999 View attachment 1398000

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bill, you (and others) might be interested in the carved rock symbols posted on;

TreasureNet forum 'What Is It?' (page 2)
by llanolargo on Oct 28, 2016
Titled "What is this? Any ideas?"

(I'll let someone else post the link.)

More pictures towards end of string

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bill, you (and others) might be interested in the carved rock symbols posted on;

TreasureNet forum 'What Is It?' (page 2)
by llanolargo on Oct 28, 2016
Titled "What is this? Any ideas?"

More pictures towards end of string

Prehistoric Poodle and Free Masons apron?
Petroglyphs are one thing, shadows another. The Grail Cup is as old as Christ, zero, I believe.
That one symbol on the rock with an arrow in a triangle is interesting. It points down. The others are standard Indian glyphs depicting smoky swirls or spirits.
These shadows are fairly new if the Spanish Free Mason's did them. Of course, Mother Nature could be wearing the apron of shadow while sipping her grail cup and walking her poodle.
She also writes funny symbols on rocks in spirals. One thing is certain. We wouldn't be looking at any of these if there were no sun light and shadows.

Oh, and Happy New Year a little late. I was on the border for new year near New Mexico celebrating in the snow. It was cold!

Bill

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that spiral may be connected to astronomical events similar to the one in Chaco Canyon. (Mentioned in someone's previously posted link.)
Don't know about the other interesting carvings on that rock, they have meanings that you wiser guys will have to puzzle out. [EDIT] Some kind of resemble Mayan number/calender symbols?

Here's wishing you all a prosperous New Year!

Last edited:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that spiral may be connected to astronomical events similar to the one in Chaco Canyon. (Mentioned in someone's previously posted link.)
Don't know about the other interesting carvings on that rock, they have meanings that you wiser guys will have to puzzle out. [EDIT] Some kind of resemble Mayan number/calender symbols?

Here's wishing you all a prosperous New Year!

On one of the carved stones I found, there's a spiral, my dad told me it is the mark of
Cortez. I don't know if that's related to what your talking about......?

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On one of the carved stones I found, there's a spiral, my dad told me it is the mark of

Hello Carrol,

I didn't know about the connection of Cortez with the spiral, interesting.

The one in Chaco is high up on a butte, which if I remember correctly at summer solstice a 'light dagger' cuts through the center of the spiral. This is the result of the exact placement of some upright stones in front of the spiral directing the 'dagger' of sunlight. I believe the same effect was done on some ancient works in Britain, and possibly another site in eastern US which I can't remember the name at the moment.

llanolargo doesn't reveal the location of his carved stone find in his post, other than near a river in North America far from any city. The cactus type shown near the stone in his pictures may narrow down the possibilities.
It's definitely an interesting find. Kudos to llanolargo!

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Carrol,

I didn't know about the connection of Cortez with the spiral, interesting.

The one in Chaco is high up on a butte, which if I remember correctly at summer solstice a 'light dagger' cuts through the center of the spiral. This is the result of the exact placement of some upright stones in front of the spiral directing the 'dagger' of sunlight. I believe the same effect was done on some ancient works in Britain, and possibly another site in eastern US which I can't remember the name at the moment.

llanolargo doesn't reveal the location of his carved stone find in his post, other than near a river in North America far from any city. The cactus type shown near the stone in his pictures may narrow down the possibilities.
It's definitely an interesting find. Kudos to llanolargo!

Mexico....

llanolargo signs.jpg

interestingly, llanolargo is also the name of a suburban area of Acapulco.....so maybe that also narrows it down a bit further....northern Mexico ?
There's also another llano largo in Jalisco province.

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I had some Acapulco Gold in the 70's but never tried this llano largo!

Wrmickel1[emoji3]

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In my various hiking explorations through out Arizona I've discovered the Spiral was meant as a directional guidance of sorts. If you're near a large group of isolated rocks the spiral is showing you to read the rocks from every angle while walking around the group. This is how I've taken so many profile shots of various heads, pointers, Sun and Shadow signs. It's basically saying to search for the right viewing angle from every angle. That I learned from a Petroglyph with a Treasure Map! The same could be said for Cactus.

Best,

Bill

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

I believe the spiral means the " Circle of life " . Is an Indian American
symbol , and usualy is used as a intermediate sign on the trail to a deposit/mine .
When is used in Jesuit treasure maps ( see Molina map ) , is a " move " of honor for their trusted Indian servants .

The spiral of Tumacacori map

Tum spiral.jpg

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The spiral's meaning depends on who carved it. Some say, "spring nearby." Some say, "migration." Some say, "hey, look, pay attention." One guy I knew said, "all the stars in heaven."

Another similar carving that may be more important is the concentric circles. Not pecked, but incised.

Circles 1-1.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread