THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon all.

WHADIFIND that would be more than a come along, that would be a explosive gas pit.

Its chilly here too Bill, just at freezing for a high today. The wood stove sure feels good.
No little blood suckers out now...the flying kind, not the kids. Not sure where they are. :dontknow::laughing7:
Now you have to work on your balance & slide, for the ice patches that crop up.

How goes it Rook?

Say Captain...wouldn't happen to have the key for the rum room...would ya??? :laughing7::angel9:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're finishing off our mexican stew tonight and since we have a large bag of rutabaga in the fridge. I'll be whipping up a side of these to round out the meal.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Afternoon all.

WHADIFIND that would be more than a come along, that would be a explosive gas pit.

Its chilly here too Bill, just at freezing for a high today. The wood stove sure feels good.
No little blood suckers out now...the flying kind, not the kids. Not sure where they are. :dontknow::laughing7:
Now you have to work on your balance & slide, for the ice patches that crop up.

How goes it Rook?

Say Captain...wouldn't happen to have the key for the rum room...would ya??? :laughing7::angel9:

It’s going purdy good Msbeepbeep. Trying to stay out of trouble. Hoping you’re doing well.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning guys/gals .Anyone here ever move boulders with a come- along ? Got my eye onThe two smaller ones here at 7 & 8 o'clock positions

Ok I'm thinking of how to do it by myself, and a few things come to mind. I've done a lot of rigging over the decades of industrial auctions and having my own scrap company. So at times things are heavy and the pocket book was light so I made do.
The math for 7 o'clock, rock weighs 190 lbs per cu.ft. I'm going out on the limb and est. 4.5 cu. ft. of rock so 850 lbs. That's a lot of weight to move, though being half submerged does that help? What is the substrate? Gravel?
I would undermine the rock to the point of easy tipping, but not to the point where it rolls over on top of ones leg or arm. I have been bit a few times not a nice feeling.

The 8 o'clock I'd harness the nose end and just do a 180 spin or a flip over.

I was always amazed at the rivers that had been worked and the boulders that they managed to move out of the way to get what they were after.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, RCT and Tnet lurkers!

It’s going to warm up a bit over the next couple days. I just may get out and dig something.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning Tnet

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning AARC and WD

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We received about 4" of snow overnight, but it's nice and warm out, temp says it's 32F. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20201209_052016.jpg
    20201209_052016.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning WD, ARC, Rook, Dave

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, RCT and Tnet lurkers!

It’s going to warm up a bit over the next couple days. I just may get out and dig something.

It's a gift if one can at this time of the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread