THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thursday night, MR WD was on the tractor moving rocks and leveling dirt. Friday morning he goes to leave for work and realizes he lost his keys. He searched the house and came to the conclusion that he lost them while on the tractor. He told me to go look for them as soon as it was daylight. Now for you that don’t know, we have 40 acres! :BangHead:
My son found out, and shot me a pm. Here’s that conversation:

View attachment 1985469

I found the keys on the floor in the bedroom. :laughing9: So glad I didn’t have to hunt for them all day!
Glad you found your hubbies keys WD... but then again, who knows what you might've found if you had to detect all 40 acres. :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In this litigious world we find ourselves living, I've found that giving someone Something with all that legalese on it, just puts them off.

A simple, written, signed letter stating that you assume all responsibility for anything that happens to you and that you will hold the owner completely blameless. Just has a better chance of working.

This farmer is a lost cause and I'd push no more. But do attempt to keep as a friend, with no hooks!

Maybe make him a nice display box of interesting things you found on his property. Give it to him as a Christmas gift. Then, let the chips fall where they may. You might even get invited back sometime.

Oh! And also? This farmer got talked into his action by a neighbor or something? Tell him, "Oh! By the way? I saw your neighbor on your property when I was passing by late one night. He was digging massive holes!"
:angel12:
Thanks for the advice about making him a nice display box of interesting things I found on his property Whadi. I've given him a few things over the years, but I like your idea of staying in touch with him as a friend. :thumbsup:

But right now, I'm still pretty upset over losing this permission due to no fault of my own. It seriously hurts my heart to know that there's so much more yet to be found, but likely never will be due to the actions of others. :sadsmiley:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Jim and rook.

I'm finally going to head up to this c1925 school site later this morning, now that it's finally stopped raining here. :laughing7:
I'll let you know if anything pops up.

Attachments

• blackstock.hs.jpg
    blackstock.hs.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 20

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you found your hubbies keys WD... but then again, who knows what you might've found if you had to detect all 40 acres. :laughing7:
Well, I do detect it, when I am desperate to dig. Lol. Between the electrical lines, the hot rocks and rusty fence pieces, it is quite challenging. Maybe frustrating is a better description. It’s a lot of ground for just me to cover.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is it with today's world that I'm not getting?
Friend needs one front tractor drive tire.
Got quoted $660+tube+installation+tax-say what!:nono:

I call around to a 2 tire shops-can get similar tire for around $380 all in for the set of two. :hello2:
I pass the names and numbers over to our friend and he calls.
Sorry can't get them....:dontknow:

I wonder sometimes about some people children-seriously something went wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC