THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of you Canooks familiar with these ? ? ?

11047-DEFAULT-l.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the Mrs took my glasses into the city to get fixed. They said the coatings were yellowed + they were so scratched that I should be getting new ones.
2 years ago they quoted me $600+ just for the lenses.
(What a racket that industry is)

Well lets see here: COVID
Warm moist great inches from my face.
The optometrist have been striking for more pay.
Like I don't know that I look through them all day and everyday. Dah!

It's like the barber that would comment-do you know that you're going bald on top.:icon_scratch:
Well no $hit Dick Tracy, thanks for reminding me to get another barber.

I'm so impressed with my "command +" feature I can see the blurry letters on this screen.:laughing7: (Just a little larger please)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry I missed ya, Rookster. Good luck with the knee.
Just got back from the doctor. Got a steroid shot in my old right knee. It’s amazing the difference it made. Now 6 weeks of therapy. Sho are some nice looking chics out there. Think I’ll carry a case of rum with me.:mblah05::laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... slip resistance is rated on that page... interesting... but i am more think just overall winter and waterproof.... here in florida it doesnt get ice but it can get really cold.... when outside all day feet get like ice when wet and cold.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Splashes of water etc.... a good rain boot is good for general purpose but really offers no insulation etc.
Anyway...
Something not too big and bulky and does not look like i am snowboarding but offers all day comfort... warmth and waterproof.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... slip resistance is rated on that page... interesting... but i am more think just overall winter and waterproof.... here in florida it doesnt get ice but it can get really cold.... when outside all day feet get like ice when wet and cold.
002.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the Mrs took my glasses into the city to get fixed. They said the coatings were yellowed + they were so scratched that I should be getting new ones.
2 years ago they quoted me $600+ just for the lenses.
(What a racket that industry is)

Well lets see here: COVID
Warm moist great inches from my face.
The optometrist have been striking for more pay.
Like I don't know that I look through them all day and everyday. Dah!

It's like the barber that would comment-do you know that you're going bald on top.:icon_scratch:
Well no $hit Dick Tracy, thanks for reminding me to get another barber.

I'm so impressed with my "command +" feature I can see the blurry letters on this screen.:laughing7: (Just a little larger please)
Jim, If you're a member at costco or have a friend/neighbour you can fill you prescription there. My previous prescription I went to a high end shop and it cost $875 for progressive lenses (reading and computer distance mode). Mind you they were fancy pants frames the missus picked out....
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

The most recent ones similar 2 distances for about $250 with a less fancy frame.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had a dusting of snow this morning which makes it treacherous walking since you can't see where the ice patches are sure enough I took a tumble and landed on my hip. Now I'm hobbling around like an old man....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Better late than never I order a high end pair of winter sneaker with carbide studs.

Managed to snag the last one of this model in their inventory.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Splashes of water etc.... a good rain boot is good for general purpose but really offers no insulation etc.
Anyway...
Something not too big and bulky and does not look like i am snowboarding but offers all day comfort... warmth and waterproof.
ARC,
Suggest you visit a sporting goods store it might cost you a bit more, however, odds are they've have something suitable for your needs. Don't fall for water resistant what you want is waterproof.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had a dusting of snow this morning which makes it treacherous walking since you can't see where the ice patches are sure enough I took a tumble and landed on my hip. Now I'm hobbling around like an old man....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Better late than never I order a high end pair of winter sneaker with carbide studs.

Managed to snag the last one of this model in their inventory.

Bill they get a 2 snowflake rating-which is pretty good because it's the ice that will hurt the hip.
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.58.53 PM.png

A few winters ago I was out walking Max at night-then I was looking at the moon.
I was well padded but there's little meat over the hip bones.
While laying there-(while Max thought it was a face licking opportunity) thinking did I break it, because I felt like upchucking-no phone on me either. It happens all too quick and it hurts.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ARC,
Suggest you visit a sporting goods store it might cost you a bit more, however, odds are they've have something suitable for your needs. Don't fall for water resistant what you want is waterproof.
Even though I have -50F Baffin boots I still am a firm believer one has to move to generate warmth in the feet.
Then there is a fine line where the feet will sweat-then one needs the proper wear to wick the sweat away.
Cotton socks are the worse as they absorb the sweat, a major cause of that feeling the feet are burning.
The cotton socks turn damp, then the feet get cold.
I wear Merino wool socks 365 days a year. Feet don't get hot or cold or wet as the sock wicks away the sweat, so that burning feeling disappeared also.
A roofer told me 35 yrs ago that the secret of doing the roofing all day was to change the socks 3X.
Mind you very few are willing to spend $35 for a pair of socks either.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions