- Joined
- Aug 8, 2005
- Messages
- 8,966
- Reaction score
- 36,675
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Beautiful Florida
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Lock the hubs! Or in the 21st century push the 4x4 button.
How close to you? My grandson is in school at Eugene.
Lock the hubs! Or in the 21st century push the 4x4 button.
I'm on the Oregon coast and right on the California border. We have 7 rivers within 60 miles so the area drains fast.....very little flood problems here. At my cabin (unfinished) in Galice, a few miles from Grants Pass Oregon. Still not that big of a flood problem. The Rogue river is close and drains a lot, up fast down fast.How close to you? My grandson is in school at Eugene.
arkeonews.net

🥶
That looks really nice!Here’s some update photos of my garden build progress
I like the mortar between the smooth stones. Try this type of mortar. Very rich & smooth. Stronger too.Good morning all
Here’s some update photos of my garden build progress View attachment 2198917View attachment 2198918View attachment 2198920View attachment 2198919

Chickens are modern meat eating dinosaurs!!A couple more food rants from me....
First up, I posted a thread here about fake food because of some "cheese" sauce that we bought last night.
Second, I can recall some high priced eggs at the grocery store that bore this label (click to enlarge if needed):
View attachment 2198928
Notice the "Vegetarian fed hens". I've seen other places boast about this, like it's a badge of honor to feed your hens a meat-free diet. Well I have news for vegans ... hens are not naturally vegetarian. They're omnivores. They eat plants, grains, bugs, worms, and yes, meat.
Don't believe me? Well this morning when tending our chickens, I saw some debris that looked like a mouse nest in the fold of a tarp up by the roof. So I pulled back the tarp to check and sure enough, there sat the mouse and a whole litter of little mice. The mouse rightly surmised that I was a threat, but made the mistake of jumping down into the floor of the coop. The chickens were on it instantly and the mouse was gone in seconds. As I attempted to remove the mouse nest, the whole thing (nest and all) fell out, and again, the chickens instantly dispatched all the little mice. And these are well fed chickens, with constant access to as much food and water as they like, fresh grass, and plenty of water, so they weren't starving. But they hit those mice like they hadn't eaten in a month.
Chickens are not vegetarians.