larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
this is the other stuff found when i did the pottery hunt the one bone pulley awl must have been sharpened a hundred times
i think the big piece is moose antler as it seems too large for it to be an elk antler

IMG_0367.jpg note the quartzite hammer stone....we have an awful lot of these on this site

IMG_0368.jpg note on upper right corner the two expedient flake tools (one is chert and one is KRF)

Upvote 0

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff boss you are truly blessed with a great site ;)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oval one in the middle gray and tan are they grinding stones? Keep hunting and posting, rock

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the hammer stones,mr larson.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...some more great additions to the "Larson museum".:thumbsup:

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
You know what's so cool about everything you find at your site Steve, other than the plethora of finds...IMHO it's that you have such a varied and almost complete overview of the Mandan lifestyle/culture...other than the highly perishables, you find such a range of artifacts and materials, from the squash knives to the bird's heads to the pottery to beads and game stones, the list just goes on and on...
What a gift you've been given and it's really awesome how you're more than willing to share it and pass it on, kudos my friend!
May a complete rainbow pot be in your near future!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread