The Rev let me dig his Privy!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Went to one of my best friends houses that just so happened to be next to the house that I dug 140 intact bottles. Figured he would let me dig his Privy too. He happens to be a Pastor and he is very interested in what we would find. I probed the area and pulled some ash at depths of 6 feet so I figured we would find a few more bottles. Here's a few pics. As you can see, there are some broken ones.
I took a few pics of the ash line and the wooden liner(whats left of it).
The pics of some of the bottles are kinda funny cause the words are spelled wrong on the bottles. The Waukesha Wild Cherry Phosphate bottle that says the directions are on the "cartoon." I think that was supposed to say carton. Unless someone can chime in on that. The other one says JW Bull's "couch syrup." I think that was supposed to say cough syrup.
The tall bottle that is broken with the deep bottom is interesting. How old do you think that may be??
Well I hope you enjoy the pics. It was a fun dig, just wish it would have had more. I guess I was spoiled after the 140 bottle hole :'( Be safe out there, and please let me know about any info on anything you see in the pics. Thanks......jgas

Attachments

• Robert 1.JPG
    Robert 1.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 449
  • Robert 2.JPG
    Robert 2.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 457
  • Robert 3.JPG
    Robert 3.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 453
  • Robert 4.JPG
    Robert 4.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 442
  • Robert 5.JPG
    Robert 5.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 449
  • Robert 6.JPG
    Robert 6.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 433
  • Robert 7.JPG
    Robert 7.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 432
  • Robert 9.JPG
    Robert 9.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 433
  • Robert 8.JPG
    Robert 8.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 439
  • Robert 10.JPG
    Robert 10.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 429
  • Robert 11.JPG
    Robert 11.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 430
  • Robert 12.JPG
    Robert 12.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 433

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool dig! Good pics too. Looks like a couple nice tall blob tops there. The "cartoon" with instructions may have meant a picture on the label. Good job. ffd

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
jgas, you are a fantangulous, supertropophilic privy-digging machine. In other words, you are making me sick to my stomach. What I am trying to say is that you are well on your way to earning the Excellence in Privy Location and Subsequent Recovery of Goodies Award. You make it look easy.

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey Gleaner thanks Buddy. Yep it is really really easy.....Ha...NOT! It is hard work but finding the privies comes kinda easy so far for whatever reason.. Thanks again :thumbsup: jgas

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Hey Jgas, the pic that you have posted (Robert10) is of the exact same type bottle that I have. I posted a question about why they would have an inverted cone in the bottom of the bottle like that. Any ideas? Cool finds.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Adena_man said:
Hey Jgas, the pic that you have posted (Robert10) is of the exact same type bottle that I have. I posted a question about why they would have an inverted cone in the bottom of the bottle like that. Any ideas? Cool finds.
Scroll down in this forum to find the thread, "Who Collects Wine Bottles?" In that thread you'll find the answer to your question, I think.

winekickups.jpg

Attachments

• winekickups.jpg
    winekickups.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 287

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread