What's new

The white death is coming!

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A four letter word no less - snow. But the forecast is getting better so nothing to worry about. Next week's night temps are going to freeze everything. Did you gather I do not like snow and cold and long dark days?
 
Yea! The pretty white tick-killing blanket of soft log-sledding ground cover is coming. C'mon winter!

To everything, there is a season.
 
Hehe, right now, we have had over 163 inches of snow since October (gotta love lake effect snow!). But you know what? We go out on the snowshoe trails and detect, and it is amazing what people drop! Gotta take advantage of those clunky gloves in the winter season :) Hope your white stuff doesn't stay too long :)
 
We're not getting much today, maybe some ice soon. They always change the forecast.
 
The Old Geezer is coming to town we have 4 inches now expecting some more
 
Hehe, right now, we have had over 163 inches of snow since October (gotta love lake effect snow!). But you know what? We go out on the snowshoe trails and detect, and it is amazing what people drop! Gotta take advantage of those clunky gloves in the winter season :) Hope your white stuff doesn't stay too long :)

That's a great idea! I may try that.
 
Its freezing rain now then the snow gets as heavy as cement Im waiting for some kid to come by to shovel I used to make a ton of money going houise to house shoveling for people. Think about sitting home on Saturday your day off some liile kid knocks on your door willing to shovel for you 20 bucks. Then you tell the better 7/8s you did it everyone wins of course the kid did a pretyy good job then the better 7/8s knows you didnt do it lol
 
Im looking out my window at the bird house I built this summer the squirrels chewed a bigger hole and have moved in Im watching one keep peeking its head out another is eating a Hamburger bun on top of the house which is nailed to the tree covered in roof paper lol I threw the bun out there. The better 7/8s I didnt buy food to feed the squirrels. Yes you did lol Run
 
I think we're now going to get almost nothing but some very cold air this coming week.
 
This storm was a big nothing here
 
We moved here from Bay city Michigan 2 years ago. We dont miss the snow YALL .i. Be safe and stay warm
 
Yeah, it's just rain now but the ground will become an ice rink after dark. Two cold weeks coming up.
 
We don’t get much snow at all anymore in lower Michigan. Back when I was a teen school cancellations occurred frequently, sometimes for days or a week. I recently sold my snowmobile for lack of white stuff.
 
We usually get little snow in southern Maryland and when we get more, I actually enjoy peacefully shoveling it. I like tools that are specialized for the job, so I have several different shovels for different snow conditions - the heavy snow dumped by the plow at the end of the driveway, the heavy snow elsewhere, the light snow, and the push shovel. I like to shovel so much that a snow blower would seem like cheating myself out of an activity I enjoy.

What worries me far more than snow is wind. With record rainfalls so common now, high winds can easily take down large trees. The large tulip poplars are particularly vulnerable.
 
I had to break a 1/4" layer of ice off the cars, and walks. Ok otherwise.
 
I got about four inches of snow in Connecticut yesterday, not too bad.
 
We don’t get much snow at all anymore in lower Michigan. Back when I was a teen school cancellations occurred frequently, sometimes for days or a week. I recently sold my snowmobile for lack of white stuff.
My principal would come get us in a snowmobile lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom