Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, if someone makes a buck off something on Ebay, I personally don't care who they are. That's the point of a free market. People are also free to not purchase from them so a "list" is kinda not cool. I have another choice phrase but won't use it. I for one won't pay over face value for manufactured items, but some folks just have no self control.

I expect a lot of very good machines to get dumped very soon in quest of the newest, shinyest thing on the market. Some people will like it, some will not. It's always that way. Most will be kept, some will not live up to expectations and get dumped. Nothing new here.

And just in case, you are all allowed to PANIC for no good reason. That also is allowed. Note to self: machine has to get to go outside and play, there has to be something in the ground to begin with and the loop has to go over it and lastly, the operator has to be intelligent enough to dig it.

The markets are going to change quickly and in 2 years or less, the Equinox could possibly be yesterday's oatmeal. No way to tell right now, but it's happening in fact right now with some other brands, so we'll just have to wait it out and see.

Or just go panic and put a couple machines (your choice of brands) on your credit card. That's what's nice about this. It is a choice.

We could just take up bird watching instead.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy bird watching while out with my new detector. Good hunting and good luck. I agree with Smokey. Take care.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also like bird watching, while detecting or driving to a detecting spot. And dang it, I still can't figure out how to swing two machines at the same time. Maybe this spring I'll buy a small dozer and big screen and just go for it all!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I am totally conflicted. I really don’t even need a new detector. But like my friend says, "This isn’t a hobby, its a sickness." lol

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am totally conflicted. I really don’t even need a new detector. But like my friend says, "This isn’t a hobby, its a sickness." lol

Are you looking for a shot of NOX acillin?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman, do you need a time out to go along with Jeff Gordon's now legendary naps? Priceless! :laughing7:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare, no one answered your question. One or two of the machines were defective and had to be sent back. It's not a huge thing.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You paying? I'm doing a test between a Vaquero, the 800 and a Deus tomorrow. In the worst ground on the planet. Film at 11.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to sit back and see what issues pop up with a new product, whether it's a metal detector, a cell phone or a car. Sometimes the manufacturer needs time to work out all the bugs. Just my take on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread