Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid I'm going to stick with what I have. A bud and I may do a side by side with he 800 and the Deus, we have to figure out when we can get together to do it. Fields will be planted here in a few weeks also, and that folks, is game over for the fields.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, it is outrages that people have to pay more then retail. It is not like that there are many other detectors on the market. I will never buy this detector because it is not a all around detector. I could only afford to buy one detector. Good hunting and good luck.

Honest Sam, People DO NOT have to pay more then retail unless they CHOOSE to. If you feel that this detector is not an "all around" detector, then which one out there is? America wants to know.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same old nonsense. Whether it's concert tickets, the latest cell phone or the newest metal detector that everyone has to have, they'll always be sleazeballs trying to gouge people for that item.

Wait a few months and some flaw will be noted with this metal detector and the prices will drop like a stone...

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just talked to a dealer and he told me some 600's would not work RIGHT out of the BOX Bad coils
Anyone else hear anything ?

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The Equinox 600 is mine for sale on eBay. I prefer what I’m already hunting with. Tried and true.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just talked to a dealer and he told me some 600's would not work RIGHT out of the BOX Bad coils
Anyone else hear anything ?

Hadnt heard that and then wouldn't some 800's too as they have the same part number on the coil?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... they'll always be sleazeballs trying to gouge people for that item...

Uhhh, "sleazeballs" ? If a seller floats an item on ebay. And a variety of people bid it up to a certain amount. Then how is a seller a "sleazeball" ? Aren't the buyers/bidders themselves choosing what they want to bid ? I don't get it.

It's supply and demand. If the buyer doesn't want to, and is not willing to pay a certain amount, they are more-than-welcome to wait till the factory catches up with production orders. Honest Samuel is right.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was mainly referring to the sellers with a buy it now of $1,200 to $1,400, but the ones auctioning them aren't much better.

And it's not supply and demand if sellers are buying up all the stock just to make the item scarce so they can gouge people.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I was mainly referring to the sellers with a buy it now of $1,200 to $1,400,...

Ok, I can see that point.

.... but the ones auctioning them aren't much better.

And it's not supply and demand if sellers are buying up all the stock just to make the item scarce so they can gouge people.

Here's where I disagree with you. This assumes that the buyer (who got his early for some reason) did so, with the full intent and purpose of flipping.

But what if he had no foreknowledge that this would be the demand ? What if he sincerely tried it for a few days, and decided it wasn't for him ? Then how is he faulted and called a semi-sleazeball for floating on ebay ? And how is it his fault if that's the demand and resulting fair competitive bid ?

It is entirely possible that some people got one early, tested it, and decided to stick with their current arsenal. And floated it, such that the supply/demand market DID IT'S OWN THING. With no reflection on the seller's premeditated intentions of profit.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a old Minelab detector, and needed a new detector. For years, Tesoro claim that they will be coming out with a new detector which they did. Mojave, a long waiting list. Since it was in the winter and I live in Connecticut with snow on the ground, I have no problems in waiting. On the advice of Terry giving great reviews, I had purchased one from a dealer of Tesoro for only $251.10, a low price detector. I received it in last February, with snow on the ground. A far cry from $600 - $800 for these two detectors. I still recommend that you all wait until the 800 is being sent our and you all pay the dealers price. Regardless of the detectors that you all purchase, I wish you all good hunting and good luck.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel, they don't HAVE to pay above retail, they choose to in order to get something faster. It's no different than paying a premium to go to a sports game, happens all the time and it is their choice.
But, it is not my choice. I enjoy your great interesting comments.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I just sold my Tejon, which I hated to do, but it partially funded my Equinox 600 I purchased without notifying the wife about. Was getting worried it wouldn't sell!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to sell one of my babys to do the same and get the Nox. No way Im selling a detector for what I paid for a coil. I buy new and take care of my stuff. But everything I have bought off Ebay the last few years has had a issue with it. Scratched, smashed packaging, I keep boxes my detectors come in and such. The thought folks are snatching up detectors to re sale just rips me a new one. Im glad Minelab came out with a new not re brand or copy of other detectors. Im glad the price is in my price range. I dont mind waiting as I dont have the cash right now anyway. I would not pre order as Im a old guy and who knows what is going to happen tomorrow lol. You can pay or choose to not pay, but these re sellers need to be identified. Anyone got a list so I can steer clear of them in the future?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same old nonsense. Whether it's concert tickets, the latest cell phone or the newest metal detector that everyone has to have, they'll always be sleazeballs trying to gouge people for that item.

Wait a few months and some flaw will be noted with this metal detector and the prices will drop like a stone...

What Minelab detector has ever had the price drop like a stone?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in late 2000 when Sony came out with the playstation 2, I was lucky enough to get one when they were released. i think i paid around 400 for it and it was immediately selling on E-bay for over 2500 bucks! I almost put mine up for sale but it was a christmas gift to the kids so i hung on to it.
Point is, people with money to burn will always get what they want no mater what the cost.
Things will settle down soon. Until then, remember, we went our whole lives without the Nox and a few more months without one won't make a difference.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab just opened up a repair center in the states . Another reason that help me decide to make a purchase from them .First time so I hope there is no future regret .

I would never buy a metal detector from a company that can't keep up with their orders. If you have to wait three months to get it, imagine how long it will take if they need to repair it for you? Six months? A year? No thanks.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, it is outrages that people have to pay more then retail. It is not like that there are many other detectors on the market. I will never buy this detector because it is not a all around detector. I could only afford to buy one detector. Good hunting and good luck.

WRONG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread