Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now wait. They're good machines. I'm sure someone here just may be interested. I have no idea if the warranty transfers to the new owner, but just read the listing carefully like with anything else you buy.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth 1253, that's odd. Beats me. Maybe one size fits all is incorrect. (Or the income tax bill came due!)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The need to have could of been the real reason-then reality set in.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one is used and bids are now already more than it sells for new, $969 + shipping, 79 people watching and biding ends Monday about 12:30 pm EST so bids are going higher, all the others are new selling for premium prices, minimum is $225 over cost plus shipping.

Last edited:

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just paid $930 for an 800 TTD new . Ordered yesterday will be here Tuesday .Thanks PowerDubs .

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
makes you wonder exactly what the manufacturing process involves. In batches? or continuous production? Just how many machines have been ordered /made so far? Anyone care to guess? 10,000 units? 50,000 units? globally.

Has there ever been such demand for a detector ever?

Chub

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people buy them just to flip them. Some also buy them so they can develop aftermarket accessories for them to sell.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never buy a metal detector from a company that can't keep up with their orders. If you have to wait three months to get it, imagine how long it will take if they need to repair it for you? Six months? A year? No thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never buy a metal detector from a company that can't keep up with their orders. If you have to wait three months to get it, imagine how long it will take if they need to repair it for you? Six months? A year? No thanks.

Minelab has never had the demand the Equinox has for a new detector relkease. Repairs will not be an issue, they do product replacement on new releases till repairs parts are available for repairs just like they did on the Gold Monster 1000, GPZ 7000 and 3030 when they were first released.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI I saw about five listings, this am, but only two used. One an 800, the other a 600. I haven't checked Ebay since then.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Now wait. They're good machines. I'm sure someone here just may be interested. I have no idea if the warranty transfers to the new owner, but just read the listing carefully like with anything else you buy.

Yes: The warranty IS transferable. According to Minelab's website.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, it is outrages that people have to pay more then retail. It is not like that there are many other detectors on the market. I will never buy this detector because it is not a all around detector. I could only afford to buy one detector. Good hunting and good luck.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel, they don't HAVE to pay above retail, they choose to in order to get something faster. It's no different than paying a premium to go to a sports game, happens all the time and it is their choice.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but, not my choice. I was on a waiting list for a Tesoro Mojave detector, for four weeks, but it was in the winter.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well, for me, I bought the Deus for one major reason and that was the weight issue. I was having problems with my shoulder and being able to detect at all. the Deus has given me longer detecting time and just being able to do it. so I am good with what I have now. just hope that people find what they hope to find.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can't. I found it all the last two days. Check out my snake thread.:laughing7:

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my 800, but digging holes is a bear. Found a pipe used in hydraulic mining back in the 1800's it was down 3 feet and had a clear signal, thought I found the mother load. Small nugget at 6 inches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread