What's new

There oughta be a law! :>) "Knuckle Buster Bling " at low tide....and a "44 "Merc"

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There oughta be a law! :>) "Knuckle Buster Bling " at low tide....and a "44 "Merc"

Hi :hello:
Well, it was a beautiful afternoon with a nice minus tide, so I headed to a near-by rocky beach for a couple of hours.

Found the Junk "Knuckle Buster" ring bling as soon as I hit the rocks; after that it was clads, golf balls, sinkers, and a nice "44 "Merc".


Ring ( size 11 1/4) was deep in the mud between the rocks....about 8" ...mid-tone dime sound.

It was great to get out again.

Here's some pics...I thank you for looking.

Lorraine



DSCF2651.webp

DSCF2645.webp

DSCF2653.webp

DSCF2654.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice looking ring there.
 
One day you will get one like that that is real.
 
I think it looks great on you. Btw I'll take the sinkers if your husband doesn't want them lol.
 
Congratulations on finding the bling ring Lorraine.
Glad to see you out and about.
Wow - that's a lot of digging for such a short period of time.
Especially for being in the rocks.

I have two questions (one being curious, the other for clarification):
Did you get a tone on the golf balls, if so was it low, medium or high).
Shouldn't you get a high tone off of a dime as it has high conductance (clad or silver)?

If the diamonds are real and the ring is made of white gold (mid tone) or platinum, you have hit the jackpot.
Such bling-bling indicates a flashy life style, such as the Great Gatsbys girl friend.

Again out of curiosity, are you still hunting in the rocks with a ten inch coil?
If so don't change a thing and I will put the ten inch coil back on my detector.

Sir Gala Clad Salutes
If real, this should be a banner find.





Hi :hello:
Well, it was a beautiful afternoon with a nice minus tide, so I headed to a near-by rocky beach for a couple of hours.

Found the Junk "Knuckle Buster" ring bling as soon as I hit the rocks; after that it was clads, golf balls, sinkers, and a nice "44 "Merc".


Ring ( size 11 1/4) was deep in the mud between the rocks....about 8" ...mid-tone dime sound.

It was great to get out again.

Here's some pics...I thank you for looking.

Lorraine



View attachment 899144

View attachment 899145

View attachment 899146

View attachment 899147
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on finding the bling ring Lorraine.
Glad to see you out and about.
Wow - that's a lot of digging for such a short period of time.
Especially for being in the rocks.

I have two questions (one being curious, the other for clarification):
Did you get a tone on the golf balls, if so was it low, medium or high).
Shouldn't you get a high tone off of a dime as it has high conductance (clad or silver)?

If the diamonds are real and the ring is made of white gold (mid tone) or platinum, you have hit the jackpot.
Such bling-bling indicates a flashy life style, such as the Great Gatsbys girl friend.

Again out of curiosity, are you still hunting in the rocks with a ten inch coil?
If so don't change a thing and I will put the ten inch coil back on my detector.

Sir Gala Clad Salutes
If real, this should be a banner find.




Yes, I was digging most of the time; hadn't been to this beach area for about a year; may go back tomorrow to finish up the area.

Golf balls were lying on top of mud in mossy, rocky area....no sound .

No, the ring is neither silver nor gold....it's worth nothing, but it sure caught my eye when I dug it out.

No "Great Gatsbys" out this way; but there is plenty of sparkling, worthless jewelry to be found at this beach along with the gold, silver & platinum which I have found in the past here. Hope to get lucky again soon.

HH
Lorraine

Interesting thing about dime sounds on the GT....I get a nice high sound if the dimes are silver or new clads, but mid-high on older, dirt- encrusted clad dimes. Except for that "Merc" that I dug, the other dimes were not so high.....nor were the quarters; the dime tones were higher than a nickel tone, but perhaps if the dimes were not so covered with that dark, grainy mud that is usual for this beache's low tide, the tone would be even higher.

I'm still using the 10" coil, but I think I should invest in a smaller coil because I like detecting in rocky areas. I'm sure that I missed many targets today because of the size of the coil.
 
Last edited:
Nice ring Lorraine and the collection of finds , tiderider
 
I just put a 10x14 coil on my garrett mk ll that I ordered by accident. Although I have only used it once I think I like it but yes I do have to dig a little more.
 
I just put a 10x14 coil on my garrett mk ll that I ordered by accident. Although I have only used it once I think I like it but yes I do have to dig a little more.
that's my next coil to get for my H2,
 
u could throw that at me across the fence.
did your heart do a little flutter when u saw that ticket?
mine still does standing on the dock in bermuda.
 
Tiderider.

When I get a hit I gradually bring the coil back untill its sounds right on the tip of the coil to better locate the object. What I like most about the coil I can walk twice as fast i.e. cover a lot of ground in half the time. Downside its heavy and the mark ll alone is a heavy machine. I may go back to putting the control module on my waiste.
 
That's a whopper ring...as hard as it is to find a nice ring, they need to be gold when we find em...oh well, better than a pull tab and your out there having fun.
 
Thats why I where shades. So nobody can see me eyes opening up like a garage door. Still awsome to get that feeling of ...oh oh whats this omg is it dammmm
 
That's a whopper ring...as hard as it is to find a nice ring, they need to be gold when we find em...oh well, better than a pull tab and your out there having fun.

My sentiments exactly, lookindown:icon_thumleft:

Lorraine
 
Nice hunt Lorraine. And if Hank needs any more practice golf balls, I have about a dozen beach finds I can give you next time I see you.
 
Tiderider. When I get a hit I gradually bring the coil back untill its sounds right on the tip of the coil to better locate the object. What I like most about the coil I can walk twice as fast i.e. cover a lot of ground in half the time. Downside its heavy and the mark ll alone is a heavy machine. I may go back to putting the control module on my waiste.
Thanks Dennco , sounds like I could use mine , ur right they are heavy but worth having it, to me they are two types of people , one that uses a vlf and the ones that use a pulse machine, total different breed of people. , thanks again, tiderider
 
Lorraine, that is one ugly Merc, but beautiful :)

I think if I'd have found that bling ring, I'd have soiled myself, and then regretted it as all for nothing.

Glad to see you out, and hope you went today.
 
WOW!! You got the bling LO, you're on fire keep swinging!! Ray
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom