F
Felinepeachy
Guest
- #1
Thread Owner
Thanks for the advice about taking photos of rocks. In this case though, these crystals are that color when I find them in the fields. Some are redder, some are white, all different colors. I dont think they were heat treated, if they were, how? The sun?WizardOfTheStone said:Although I agree on the Quartz cluster (Citrine) I believe the light bulb could be making it appear more "Yellow/Orange" or its been slightly heat treated to enhance it appearance.
When taking images of your minerals try and locate a true white light bulb, light box and a hand held mirror to reflect more light in and around the mineral/s.
Depending on the size when buying, You'll be look at spending about $30 - $50 (Your could go higher) But I would stay away from the "Heat Treated" or faded minerals.. Yes, Minerals can fade.

