What's new

They are called Indians, NOT injuns

Spooky said:
GopherDaGold said:
I didn't want to give the impression that I was offended by the term, I'm not in the least. Just wanted to bring it up should someone be butt-hurt about it.

:laughing7:

You are not ALLOWED to use that term without giving me a quarter, sir!

:wink:

Clad, 40%, or 90%?
 
HCW said:
GopherDaGold said:
I hate to be that guy but I thought I should bring this to everyones attention. I've seen several posts by members describing their Indian Head Cents as 'injuns'.

I think we all know that 'injun' is derogatory and offensive to American Indians.

My grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian and I'm sure many members here have American Indian blood running through their veins.
YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING ( the length of this thread).

And I relish it.
 
OH my god the PC police ride again.

Give it a break already. I'm part Injun I it doesn't bother me in the least.
 
FOR THE LAST TIME, I am not offended personally. I'm just saying that someone might be and we have a tough enough row to hoe as treasure hunters.
Why add more?

I am NOT with the PC Police. I am NOT a wacky left-wing radical. I LIKED George Bush and Ronald Reagan and I vote Republican.

But as usual, most of you will read the original post only, scroll down to the bottom, add your two IHC's and that's fine.
I will not go into attack mode because someone disagrees with me. I welcome other ideas and opinions.
 
I Didn't know you could offend an Indianhead Penny :tongue3:

If describing a Person I would agree
But Don't agree when it is an Object.

and this is a Bag-full-of-jewea e.webp
'cause I Can spell that without
looking it up :coffee2:
 
Hi,
When I find them I usually post I found some Ih pennys.
 
GopherDaGold said:
FOR THE LAST TIME, I am not offended personally. I'm just saying that someone might be and we have a tough enough row to hoe as treasure hunters.
Why add more?

I am NOT with the PC Police. I am NOT a wacky left-wing radical. I LIKED George Bush and Ronald Reagan and I vote Republican.

But as usual, most of you will read the original post only, scroll down to the bottom, add your two IHC's and that's fine.
I will not go into attack mode because someone disagrees with me. I welcome other ideas and opinions.




Well, you did tell somebody on another thread that you "took umbrage" to them calling it an Injun, but I see you have since removed that comment :dontknow:
 
Yeah that's true.
My 'umbrage' is usually short-lived.
Thanks for noticing.
 
GopherDaGold said:
Yeah that's true.
My 'umbrage' is usually short-lived.
Thanks for noticing.



In a better mood today :icon_sunny: :icon_thumleft:
 
jeff of pa said:
I Didn't know you could offend an Indianhead Penny :tongue3:

If describing a Person I would agree
But Don't agree when it is an Object.

and this is a Bag-full-of-jewea

'cause I Can spell that without
looking it up :coffee2:

I thought those were called "saggy-joes". ??? :wink:
 
GopherDaGold said:
HCW said:
GopherDaGold said:
I hate to be that guy but I thought I should bring this to everyones attention. I've seen several posts by members describing their Indian Head Cents as 'injuns'.

I think we all know that 'injun' is derogatory and offensive to American Indians.

My grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian and I'm sure many members here have American Indian blood running through their veins.
YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING ( the length of this thread).

[/quote

And I relish it.
Pickles or onions?
 
I thought the Indians used rupees for coins?

250px-Nehru_Gandhi_1937_touchup.jpg
 
Don't be an idjit, it's just pronounced "injun" in some parts of the USA. Heck, I need a translator to talk to my neighbor across the street.
 
Shaun7 brought up a good point. Indians are from India, so saying Indian would be just as offensive as saying Injun. Of course, all the rez dogs say 'indun' and go see what Vine DeLoria has to say about that. You could call them Cherokee, or Choctaw, or Sioux, but I usually just call them Bill, Fred, Wilma, Two Dogs, or whatever their Christian name may be and not try to single anybody out racially. Most tribal names will translate to 'the people'. Or ' the first people'. Or 'people who are better than the other people'. Or 'the only people who really matter'. Or 'people who are really people and not animals like the rest of our neighbors'. And check out the names some tribes used for their neighbors. I'm being facetious, mostly, but remember this, it's not what they call you but what you answer to.
 
What about a "Fatty Injun"......now you got two strike's against you ? ;D
 
Besides, it takes too long to say: "Heathen Savage Head Cent". "IHC" is so much easier.
 
I'm both Cherokee & Lakota an it dont bother me a bit , theres to many other things in this world to worry about .


Tin Nugget said:
civilman1 said:
What about a "Fatty Injun"......now you got two strike's against you ? ;D

:laughing9:


lol what is that some kinda fat joke ?

just messin with ya tin :icon_thumleft:


HH Tank :icon_pirat:
 
Cool post still, and cautious yet amusing posts from those very careful to not offend. My goodness, they can't reach through the screen and punch you. Or shoot arrows at you. Injun doesn't have the power to offend anyone. Just call people by their names. Race shouldn't really come into question unless your company is trying to reach its minority hiring quota. Call coins whatever they are commonly known by. If you do wish to stir up a 'racism' thing, can anyone explain to me why every single time someone claims injun or native american heritage it was always their grandmother or great-grandmother who was this 'Tribal name of your choice, usually Cherokee, Princess'? (Indian Princess taken by the White Conqueror, perhaps?) Always the female as the Indian ancestor. (There is a valid ugly reason that this might be true) And one more for those not wanting to offend, can anyone explain to me why out of about 5-6,000 Sioux on the plains Kevin Costner hooked up with the only white woman within a 1,000 miles? Think about that and think if that movie might have some sort of subliminal message. (heeheehee)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom