What's new

They are called Indians, NOT injuns

GopherDaGold said:
I hate to be that guy but I thought I should bring this to everyones attention. I've seen several posts by members describing their Indian Head Cents as 'injuns'.

I think we all know that 'injun' is derogatory and offensive to American Indians.

My grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian and I'm sure many members here have American Indian blood running through their veins.

Perhaps we should have a special award for GopherDoGold for the;

"MOST CONTRAVERSIAL POST".

I can't believe how long this has been going. Hey, call me anything you want to. I know who and what I am, so I don't get insulted easily. :laughing9:

Hmm, the last time I was insulted was at the age of six, when they ran me down and put shoes on me so that I didn't have to go to school bare footed. Don't think I'll ever forgive them for that! :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
nothing against GopherDaGold
He is certainly entitled to his opinion.

in the URBAN Dictionary.

A racially offensive epithet used towards Native Americans. However, Columbus was wrong, this racial slur was in fact meant for inhabitants of India and has now been recently claimed at the University of Washington.

However being in the URBAN Dictionary,
(Probably created by Teenagers,
rebelling against society)
I Take it that this is a Recent thing
created to cause trouble by the Very sensitive.

I am pretty sure Injun was used on Leave it to Beaver
among other childrens sitcoms for years,
with no problems. Even in reruns today

Remember when "Indian Giver" Was considered
Offensive to Indians ?

how about "Honest Injun"
 
Hardscrabble said:
Hey, I have "injuns" and "hillbillies" in my bloodline. I'm so offended I could spit nickels - "injun" head nickles. Not really - just ribbin ya.

I'd call Nickels

"Buffy-Lows" but may offend Sarah Michelle Gellar
 
Sarah Michelle is too thick skinned to be offended by that.....LOL
 
No Buffaloes in the USA.
They are American Bison.
Don't insult them too!

Grey
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom