Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• SDC11242.JPG
    SDC11242.JPG
    720.3 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
Good finds rock…looks like that big one has a nasty sharp tip.

Yes I like the black one looks good naked haha

Good finds rock…looks like that big one has a nasty sharp tip.

No lie I saw it from 20 ft away. It was laying on red clay and looked like a beacon flashing in the sunlight. I ran to it but don't know why I was by myself I could of walked.

No lie I saw it from 20 ft away. It was laying on red clay and looked like a beacon flashing in the sunlight. I ran to it but don't know why I was by myself I could of walked.

At least it didn't let ya down! I've stood on the top of the creek bank ridge and swear I see something there and then when I get to it...well nothing! so depressing lol

At least it didn't let ya down! I've stood on the top of the creek bank ridge and swear I see something there and then when I get to it...well nothing! so depressing lol
That happens to me prob 20 times a hunt lol

The field I found these in one side is Woodland and the other side is Archaic. The hill above it is anywhere in between with some Dalton mixed in. The field on the other side of the hill is Woodland and Mississippian. All of the other fields there isn't much of anything. Strange how so many periods lived in the same place. There is no pottery that I can find in any of the fields. Scrapers is the most abundant tool in the whole place. The other fields wont be harvested till Oct-Nov.

Nice finds there Rock. Maybe they were sun bathing and you caught them un aware ? 8-)

I have no ideas as to the types they are. I just like finding them. I can guess the periods by the flaking but that's about it.
If anyone can tell me that would be great. I know the quartz ones are usually Morrow Mountain types and age.
The one on top left was found on the Woodland side of the field laying in the mud. That is the 2nd point I have found like that this month. Laying in the mud and not showing. Strange as to why I even picked it up but glad I did. I hope it keeps happening. Maybe they are calling to me, lol

:icon_thumleft: Looks like you had a successful hunt. Good for you!

Thanks I went again today on the Woodland side of the field and found a few small points. That side of the field is dating 1500 B.P. cant wait to get back out there and save some more. No camera rite now but will post them another day. Thanks, rock

If I wasn't running, I would have been skipping to it.Nice finds man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back