What's new

Thinest gold find to date

petersra

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
577
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I hunted a beach I have hunted many times in the past and I am still finding old crusty stuff left over from last year. $1.50 in clad, 2 beer cans, a dog tag and two of the thinest gold rings I have ever seen (0.31g each). They are small in diameter and my wife thinks they are toe rings. They are too thin to be marked, but they ring up as a midrange tone on my detector. There really is no visible movement of the sand, cuts or depressions, but I guess things just continue to move around all the time and some get moved to the surface. HH to ya, Ralph
 

Attachments

  • Palm Garden Before 016.webp
    Palm Garden Before 016.webp
    110.6 KB · Views: 774
  • Palm Garden Before 017.webp
    Palm Garden Before 017.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0
Nice hunting, Ralph :hello2:

Those rings look like a set....were they found together or near each other by any chance?

Lorraine
 
lorraine said:
Nice hunting, Ralph :hello2:

Those rings look like a set....were they found together or near each other by any chance?

Lorraine

Yes Lorraine, they were about 2' apart. I heard them with a single sweep and was hoping for a wedding set, but not this time. Thanks for looking. ralph
 
Hey gold is gold and any gold is good.....Matt
 
thin would work for me :)

nice spin and nice tickets mr ralph............ :notworthy:

good luck
 
sometimes the mark is so small you need a scope!!!!!!!! nice rings!
 
Good finds Ralph!!!
 
Gold is a Gold.Congrats . :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Nice find. Great to see yellow in the scoop!
 
The rings do look like they could have been toe rings
Ralph....sweet gold for a change....WTG!
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Thanks for all the kind words. This has been a lean year for gold so far for me. I guess every year is different. I seem to be hunting more with better equipment and finding less gold. I went to an inland lake and hunted a swimming hole. I came up with no fewer than 50 old style pull tabs and $0.13 in change including a 1955 Wheat penny. With all the old style pull tabs and an older penny, I know the beach hasn't been hunted much if at all, but alas, no gold. Maybe next time. HH to each of you and may your next target be a golden one....... Ralph
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom